Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tommy Bowden Sunday Teleconference
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Oct 21, 2007, 3:18 PM

Quick Notes and Quotes from the Clemson coach's regular Sunday session with the media. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're last in ACC in sacks because we only rush 3-4 most

Oct 21, 2007, 5:04 PM

of the time. As the competition gets better, we need to have more QB pressure or they'll just sit back there and pick our zone apart.

Vandy's zone defense was successful because they rushed at least 5 on every play and didn't allow QB enough time to read the zone.

any explanation on the Missing Korn and Redshirt mystery?

Oct 21, 2007, 7:39 PM

Why be so secretive about it? That's what I want to know. If you wanted to redshirt him, just do it and answer "because I wanted to" if anyone asks you why.

My conspiracy idea is that it's got something to do with the new seating plan, and trying to get people to buy seats for next year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: any explanation on the Missing Korn and Redshirt mystery?

Oct 21, 2007, 8:03 PM

I think it's really pretty simple, but everyone loves a conspiracy and wants to make something more complicated out of it. Harper has shown he can get the job done. Korn could play if absolutely necessary, but his downfield effectiveness would be diminished and he could get hurt again. So, playing him would be a last resort. But, if the redshirt paperwork is submitted now, he's officially gone for the year and completely unavailable. Holding off on the application for the redshirt is completely understandable, assuming CU has the right supporting documentation to get it through.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: any explanation on the Missing Korn and Redshirt mystery?

Oct 22, 2007, 7:05 AM

If Harper gets banged up over the remainder of the season, there is no way that Korn redshirts. If he stays healthy and he doesn't pull a disappearing act, similar to what happened in '06 with WP...Korn redshirts. No controversy, no mystery.

Ha ha! How would redshirting effect next year's sales?****

Oct 21, 2007, 9:36 PM [ in reply to any explanation on the Missing Korn and Redshirt mystery? ]

null

I don't care if Korn's RS hurts QB recruits.

Oct 22, 2007, 8:27 AM

I would rather see him playing anyway.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: any explanation on the Missing Korn and Redshirt mystery

Oct 22, 2007, 3:07 PM [ in reply to any explanation on the Missing Korn and Redshirt mystery? ]

I could be wrong and im getting this info from a friend so it's most likely not that accurate, but i think one plan is for korn to take a medical redshirt this year and and redshirt again next season since harper is a redshirt junior. The way harper has performed overall has been pretty good even though I definitely think korn deserves a shot with the 1st team ( we have no idea how good he is as long as he's on the field with 2nd and 3rd team players ). That would mean we wouldn't see korn for another 2 years. Im not even sure it's possible to do a medical and then regular redshirt but that's what i heard and it kinda makes sense even though i strongly disagree with that decision.

Did I read that correctly...

Oct 22, 2007, 10:42 AM

I don't refer to stats a whole lot, but being last in sacks kind of jumped out at me.

Tommy, you are the king of stats. I just don't get the point of that statement.

Re: Tommy Bowden Sunday Teleconference

Oct 22, 2007, 3:01 PM

"Right now we can't rush the passer. We're last in the conference in sacks. We're going to have problems the rest of the way as the talent level picks up...We've got to get a lot better up front. We're getting single-blocked a lot, and that's not good..."

Finally a little honesty from the head ball coach. That is the kind of statement I have been waiting for soooo long. Take it how you want it, but im glad that he finally had the nerve to say negative things about a game that we one easily. When you can see faults in a 70-14 win, thats when you know the coach is trying to achieve higher expectations. A coach should never say " we'll you know we played good on offense and defense and blahh blahh blahh ". Until you win a national championship you celebrate each win and then critic the mess out of it to bring your players back to reality and realize "we are not the best "YET"" Congrats Clemson on the win and Thank you Tommy for your honesty because there is still certainly a lot to work on.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic