Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Notes: Record-Setting Day For The Offense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Oct 20, 2007, 5:45 PM

First time in school history Clemson rushes and passes for over 300 yards in same game. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love when someone points Crump...***

Oct 20, 2007, 5:47 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Notes: Record-Setting Day For The Offense

Oct 20, 2007, 6:02 PM

> > cellspacing=0>
> href=/view/story.do?id=6870 class=newstitle>> style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Helv,
> sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-weight: bold;
> color: #4D1979; text-decoration: none">Notes:
> Record-Setting Day For The
> Offense

First
> time in school history Clemson rushes and passes for
> over 300 yards in same game.
> href=/view/story.do?id=6870>> class=fullstory>Full Story
> »

This was nothing more than a scrimmage against the third string. We play these patsies so the HC can get bowl eligible by winning two ACC games. What a joke! This game means NOTHING! Just like the ULM and Furman games meant NOTHING!

And still the morons, er... "fans" keep yapping...

Oct 20, 2007, 6:47 PM

That excuse doesn't work when 95% of the other big programs (Florida, VT, etc, etc) also have 2-3 cupcakes each season.

How about cooling it w/ your anti-Bowden agenda and enjoy the win and the season while it's here. Your negativity and blabbering are the reasons a handful of 4 star recruits are keeping Clemson on hold.

Maybe its because no ACC Championship...

Oct 20, 2007, 9:02 PM

Perhaps its not the "negativity" and "blabbering" (which a lot of people were calling a realistic look at things last week) but instead the fact that we have a mediocre head coach, with no clear system, a revolving door for assistant coaches, losses to bad teams, and no ACC Championships.

Maybe, just maybe, could that be the reason rather than what some true fans of Clemson Football, not Tommy Bowden, post on an online message board.

would you shut up

Oct 20, 2007, 9:15 PM

oh and that point wasnt really meant. i pushed the point button instead of reply on accident. i wish they had neg points cuz id give you a few. we just won 70-14!!!. and we still have a shot at the acccg. how bout trying to cheer on the tigers or just leave this board you neg. ppl are pathetic!

Maybe the AD accidently hit the "contract extension" button

Oct 20, 2007, 9:36 PM

That must be what happened in 2003. Maybe Terry Don accidently hit the "contract extension" button instead of the "fire head coach" button. Oops.

You're right. We did win 70-14 - against a crappy team. And yes, even if we do by some chance make it to the ACCCG, do you think we'll win if we play and have coaching like we had against VT and GT? Do you really think we'll win against Carolina this year if we play like that?

I'll cheer my Tigers all day long, and I'm proud of them today, but Tommy needs to go.

Re: Maybe the AD accidently hit the "contract extension" button

Oct 21, 2007, 12:56 AM

Wow, your optimism is blinding...

I agree with you 100% n/t

Oct 21, 2007, 3:20 AM [ in reply to Maybe the AD accidently hit the "contract extension" button ]

nt

Ive seen a lot lot of new people on TNET this year

Oct 21, 2007, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Maybe the AD accidently hit the "contract extension" button ]

Seems like everyone is gettin on here to make waves, and so far they are doin it.. Dont pay any attention to these idiots who talk garbage after the O puts up 70 ofcourse it was CMU but its still 70.. I think that If yur post total doesnt have atleast a 50 beside it dont even pay em any attention, hell most of em are kids anyway....

Im 25 years old thank you very much...............

Oct 21, 2007, 10:20 AM

Ive been reading tigernet for quiet sometime now but have never really had a reason to post. I for one have always been a Tommy Bowden fan but i think after 9 years with not even 1 ACCCG appearence that its time for a new sheriff!! All this talent doesnt matter if you cant win with!! Hes had more than enough time and still hasnt delivered! Not saying i dont have respect for the man just saying that its time for him to find another pleace to go and run a clean program with a medeocre season ;)

9 years and not ONE ACCCG appearance?

Oct 21, 2007, 12:55 PM

alot of coaches didn't make it to the ACCCG in the past 9 years....maybe only 4 of 'em.

Re: Ive seen a lot lot of new people on TNET this year

Oct 21, 2007, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Ive seen a lot lot of new people on TNET this year ]

You are so out of line it is ridiculous. Apparently if you don't spend countless hours on the internet posting things you are a stupid little kid. Instead of bashing other peoples comments by attacking them personally, why don't you give some examples of why they are wrong and you are sooooo right? come on guys..... we are all fans voicing our thoughts. no one's thoughts are any better than anyone else's. The only one being a "Kid" is you, whining about what others post. I enjoy hearing what other people think. Sorry I added to this pointless discussion but it needed to be said. GO TIGERS!!

Re: would you shut up

Oct 21, 2007, 9:47 PM [ in reply to would you shut up ]

Exactly....one reason I don't come to this site that often. Some people here are so clueless when it comes to football and being a "true fan".

Re: And still the morons, er... "fans" keep yapping...

Oct 20, 2007, 9:21 PM [ in reply to And still the morons, er... "fans" keep yapping... ]

If a four star recruit would not come to Clemson because of what some supposed fan wrote on the internet, then he can go somewhere else as far as I am concerned. I do not think Tigernet has one bit of influence over recruiting positive or negative anyway.

I bet you would enjoy clubbing baby seals too.***

Oct 20, 2007, 9:22 PM [ in reply to And still the morons, er... "fans" keep yapping... ]

Doesn't make sense that web forums would dissuade recruits.

Oct 21, 2007, 3:17 PM [ in reply to And still the morons, er... "fans" keep yapping... ]

I don't believe negative posts dissuade recruits from signing. If that were true, then the coaches and boosters would just instate campaigns to post negative things on competitor's web forums. If I were a recruit I'd give far, far more consideration to things like, the football program's performance, coaches' track record, coaches' personalities, other players ahead of me, other recruits at my position, probability of early playing time, chance of getting to the NFL, facilities, school location, stadium, campus, academics, tutoring, chicks, dorms, and about 50 other criteria before I'd even think to consider web forum posts.

Besides, virtually all team web forums have negative posts.

If any recruit is stupid enough to base their decision on web forum posts then they're too stupid to play college level football or even remain academically elligible to play.

Should it? Nah.. Does it? Unfortunately yes.

Oct 21, 2007, 4:21 PM

I couldn't agree with you more for all those many valid points... but sad to say, they are affected. Don't forget how old they are, all the voices they are hearing, who is "cool" at the moment, and of course, what other teams are telling them.

Recruiting is getting to be as cutthroat as politics. The things Spurrier and numerous other coaches show these kids from papers and messageboards have an effect. It's a rough business, and 17 yr old boys can't be given expected to also be as decisive and grounded as we wish.

coot.***

Oct 21, 2007, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Notes: Record-Setting Day For The Offense ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, bowden 11-1 against non BCS. ### who cares? fire him!!!***

Oct 20, 2007, 6:33 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AMEN!!!***

Oct 20, 2007, 8:43 PM

Re: Wow, bowden 11-1 against non BCS. ### who cares? fire hi

Oct 21, 2007, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Wow, bowden 11-1 against non BCS. ### who cares? fire him!!!*** ]

I see that you have over 5000 posts and share the same views as those who have just joined. People, its a discussion board.... we discuss things no matter the opinion or how many posts you have. Thank you for your post tigerfan36 you make a good point! lets be realistic about the teams we have beaten this season. florida state sucks, nc state sucks, furman UM and CMU all suck and are non BCS as pointed out. I could be wrong and i really hope i am as i will continue to cheer on the tigers this season, but it seems like we are beating teams that anyone can beat and losing to teams that we have more talent than. Maybe, just maybe if we can finish out strong this season my view of tommy may change, but until that happens i totally respect everyone's opinion on the whole situation. NO ONE is cheering against the tigers and we all want them to win so be respectful of other responses because your opinion is not the only one. GO TIGERS!!!

Marshall?***

Oct 20, 2007, 7:46 PM

yeah, the season they went undefeated, '99***

Oct 20, 2007, 8:16 PM

Tommy may be able to coach..? but can't count

Oct 20, 2007, 8:32 PM

We have five games left not four.

No, actually, he can't coach. Fire him.***

Oct 20, 2007, 8:47 PM

Re: Tommy may be able to coach..? but can't count

Oct 20, 2007, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Tommy may be able to coach..? but can't count ]

CMU Head Coach Butch Jones

On the first half:

"Well I think the big thing was it was 14-7 with eight minutes to go in the second quarter and offensively on our next three possessions we had three holding penalties and I think we were not able to continue our tempo and rhythm on offense. Anytime you get a holding penalty, it sets you back and I thought that hurts us in the first half. We gave up the score right before half, so I think those were the things that hurt us in the first half."

On defense:

"Well I think anytime you leave your defense on the field for an extended period of time you see what happens. You see the results. You know Clemson came in trying to establish a run game and they did. I thought they did a good job up front. Their backs are two talented backs that run extremely hard so obviously football comes down to blocking and tackling and being able to stop the run. We also struggled on third downs. We work so hard to stay on schedule and then you get a team on third down and can't get them off the field. I thought that hurt us as well."

On the rest of the season:

"We've got four games left and every single game is important. They know what's at stake. They've been in the stretch run before. You know, this one will hurt but then you let it go and come back on Monday and get ready for Kent State. All of our goals that we set forth at the beginning of the season are still intact. That's what we've got to keep our eyes on."

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tommy may be able to coach..? but can't count

Oct 21, 2007, 12:34 AM

CATFISH obviously isn't very good and reading comprehension.

Go back and read which coach said that***

Oct 20, 2007, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Tommy may be able to coach..? but can't count ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2007, 9:30 PM

Clemson may have had a good day against a not so good team, but the moral boost that this day will give each player who broke a record or achieved a milestone may be just what the doc ordered for finishing out this season. As far as Coach goes, I'm sure he'll be on his best game with everyone screaming fire him (sarcasm implied). Why can't everyone back this team (staff included) until after USC and then we can talk about staff changes, when it's not negatively effecting game day.

Oct 20, 2007, 10:34 PM

I see the "vocal minority" is at it again... even after
such a great day in the Valley.

The stats are amazing considering....

Oct 21, 2007, 9:52 AM

we got absolutely nothing out of the one back set with Harper under center. There were no gaps for Davis or Spiller to run thru out of this formation. I say scrap it unless we add a fullback and make it a true I-formation.

Bowden is transforming the Offense back to his...

Oct 21, 2007, 12:29 PM

Spence's setups are going away. If you notice, there's still the transition from the first 6 games to a new spread (like in 99). Personally, I like the 3WR 2RB set with Harper shotgun... So many threats to worry about.

When you see 2 TEs, there's still the zone block left or right and JD or CJ reads to find the cutback. That needs to go, I agree, but that's still the Spence system.

However, did you see the tunnel screen Grisham took 40+ yards? That's how it's supposed to run, once we pulled enough LBs to cover the running game. Great play under the right circumstance.

Oct 21, 2007, 1:33 PM

OOPS MY BAD!!!

I wish we had a coach like Spurrier

Oct 22, 2007, 9:04 AM

Then we wouldn't ever lose games to teams with less talent than us...

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic