Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Harper Solidifies Hold On No. 1 Quarterback Spot
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Apr 15, 2007, 10:55 AM

Rising junior performs well in annual spring game. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really dont know what to say about this

Apr 15, 2007, 1:11 PM

I am glad for Harper but I am also confused as hell.

Is this the same guy that was 'noticeably' different than Will Proctor last year?

If he is that much better and can beat out Willy Korn why didn't he get a chance last year?

I don't buy into the fact that he just got that much better over 3 months of winter either.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I really dont know what to say about this

Apr 15, 2007, 1:12 PM

I sure agree!! if he was close to this good last year we would have won 3 more games!!very poor coaching decisions

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2007, 1:15 PM [ in reply to I really dont know what to say about this ]

I had a real problem with Harper yesterday in the spring game. Did anyone else notice how he came off the field and immediately went to the bench, basically by himself? After about the 4th set of downs, his line starting going with him, but until then he spoke to noone. In fact, at one point Wade went to him asking him to throw the ball back and forth, and Harper waved him off. I'm sorry, no one is so good that they can get away with not warming up! Is that the way we want the "leader" of this team to act?!?!?!?!

Nice first post...lol***

Apr 15, 2007, 3:23 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2007, 2:04 PM [ in reply to I really dont know what to say about this ]

Go watch last years spring game and you will see Harper looked better than Proctor last year. I agree I do not understand why Harper was not given a chance to win the starter role like Whitehurst over Willie Simmons.

I hope you all don't complain if Harper has a bad stretch***

Apr 15, 2007, 4:03 PM [ in reply to I really dont know what to say about this ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

complain? Tigernetters??? No way***

Apr 15, 2007, 4:04 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2007, 6:09 AM [ in reply to I really dont know what to say about this ]

As much as I hate to say it this year I can see as 90% run and 10%pass plays. And unfort Davis wont have the same O-Line as he did last year to help him have such a great year. Yes some experience will return but not liek last year. I hope Harper is for real and this isnt flouk spring.

Cullen Harper=Will Proctor

Apr 15, 2007, 3:17 PM

Completes lots of 5 yard passes, but has no ability to stretch the field when necessary.

Can't throw on the run.

And does anybody else notice that

Apr 15, 2007, 3:20 PM

"Mr. Vanderjort" always seems to aggrandize even the most basic of situations.

Given the storylines from the spring game yesterday, it's a little silly to write an article talking about someone "solidifying" himself at the QB position.

Given Bowden's comments, it looks like Korn has done to help his cause this spring than Proctor(I mean Harper) has.

Re: Harper Solidifies Hold On No. 1 Quarterback Spot

Apr 16, 2007, 12:23 PM

What little I saw of Harper last season, I thought he looked better than Proctor. When it became apparent (after VA Tech) that Proctor was inadequate, I thought it was a a poor decision not to replace Proctor with Harper. Harper could hardly have done worse, and it would have given him experience for this year.

Why no mention of CJ Spiller? That scares me.

Apr 16, 2007, 3:50 PM

People on this board will never be happy. If you do not have something nice to say then do not say anything. Give Harper a chance. He allow throws what is called. We are not going to show everything we the game is on tv.

Apr 16, 2007, 4:19 PM

Well I have to say this. I think that our off. is way to conservative. We don't go for the big plays they have to be made by our playmakers. Think back to last year and name 1 long ball pass that connected for a TD. The running game is the best in the nation but if we can't go deep with the pass then the def. is going to keep on creeping up and stop the run everytime. I said last year that harper looked better than proctor and should have replaced proctor at halftime of the Va. Tech game. And whats up with spence calling a running play with 9 men in the box that was the perfect time for play action in which i did not see alot of last year either.I think our problem is not the players but it is the play calling and being to loyol to the seniors on the team. Crezdon Butler and Ricky Sapp should have played every game last year but did not. Don't trust me look at their stats for last year how many ints did butler get and how many sacks did sapp get. Adams and Sapp on the ends and butler at CB games would have turned out different along with harper at QB. As far as willy Korn I worked for the Rescue Squad that stood by for their games and Korn does Throw some ints when a big game is on. But he works best when trowing down field. He can run the ball better and can scramble better than harper. I foresee this as being the first season in a long time that we do not make a bowl game unless the coaches start to get alot more aggresive.

Apr 16, 2007, 10:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Harper Solidifies Hold On No. 1 Quarterback Spot ]

As I said, last year I thought Harper looked better than Proctor and so the coaches should have replaced Proctor after VA Tech. That IS saying something positive (for Harper).

I live in CA and don't have access to CCSTV so if anybody knows of any sites that have video of the Orange-White game, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks!

Apr 17, 2007, 8:34 AM

Solidified is too strong a word. I wish we could have seen a little more magic from the offense. Our def. was pretty cool to watch. I wish we would go for the deep pass every now and again. It kills me to watch that tight end go into motion and watch the def. shift and but all 11 guys in the box and we still run the ball!!!!!PLAY-ACTION!! if spence was such a magician we would have won 10+ games and the bowl game. I aslo don't understand why they don't make the def. guess who's gonna get the ball, put davis and spiller in the backfeild and scare the def. Ray Ray didn't impress me too much. he had chances to break free outside but didn't and only got 4 yds instead of 12. i guess its b/c we are so used to watching davis and spiller. p.s. spence belongs in little league.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic