Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Duane Coleman Police Report
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Dec 21, 2006, 11:17 AM

Text of the Seneca Police Press Release Regarding The Arrest of Duane Coleman Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Turning without a signal?!?!?!?!?

Dec 21, 2006, 11:20 AM

no way he should play

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"This thing that I call living is just being satisfied knowing that I've got no one left to blame." Gordon Lightfoot

Re: Turning without a signal?!?!?!?!?

Dec 22, 2006, 4:01 AM

Why haven't they arrested the other half of South Carolinians who never use a turn signal?

they kept him in jail for simple possession? I doubt THAT.

Dec 21, 2006, 11:21 AM

They kept him there b/c he's black.

I know people busted with way more than an oz and they never spent a minute in jail. All white people.

Maybe because he was operating a car possibly under

Dec 21, 2006, 11:22 AM

the influence?

Jail?!? In some states, having less than 1/4 ounce is like

Dec 21, 2006, 11:27 AM

a traffic ticket. Cripes, I got a dui and they called me a cab to go home. Not 1 minute in jail.

Congratulations.....did you miss a game?***

Dec 21, 2006, 11:30 AM

Ohio, 1oz or less is a $100 fine for a first offense.***

Dec 21, 2006, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Jail?!? In some states, having less than 1/4 ounce is like ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not really surprising with tOSU running the state***

Dec 21, 2006, 10:10 PM

I bet he could've passed any field sobriety test they could

Dec 22, 2006, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Maybe because he was operating a car possibly under ]

come up with.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Re: they kept him in jail for simple possession? I doubt THAT.

Dec 21, 2006, 1:06 PM [ in reply to they kept him in jail for simple possession? I doubt THAT. ]

I dont know why he got pulled over. If it had anything to do with race then it was wrong. However that cannot be proved. What can be proved is that he had marijuana. Dont break the law, dont go to jail. Its that simple most of the time! Why is everyone taking up for someone who broke the law and was found out. Unless something comes out that he didnt have it or something, then he made a choice and knew the conciquence. Now he has to pay for that mistake. Thats it.

they can keep you in lock up for that

Dec 21, 2006, 3:29 PM [ in reply to they kept him in jail for simple possession? I doubt THAT. ]

If the judge is not on duty to arrange some kind of bond release they'll keep you.

This almost happened to me once in someone else's dorm room. Although I was completely unaware it was in the room (and turns out no one in that room had used it all day), the simple posession charge is pretty loose. Luckilly for us the Judge hadn't gone home yet and arranged for some kind of bond.

I have a feeling they stopped him for "turning without using

Dec 22, 2006, 1:28 AM [ in reply to they kept him in jail for simple possession? I doubt THAT. ]

a signal" because he's black too! I see 10 or more cars turning without using their signals every day to and from work and I don't live that far away from where I work!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

This is even worse judgement - sounds like he decided to

get behind the wheel of a car under the influence.

Re: This is even worse judgement - sounds like he decided to

but not charged with DUI, hmmm.

How do they determine it with pot? You can't just blow

Dec 21, 2006, 11:23 AM

the bottom out of the test.......

I would think it is impossible to prove.

field sobriety test, I guess***

Dec 21, 2006, 11:24 AM

I may be wrong, but that alone doesn't get you convicted of

Dec 21, 2006, 11:25 AM

DUI anymore, does it?

I don't know***

Dec 21, 2006, 11:29 AM

They have a laugh meter... anything over a giggle youre done***

Dec 21, 2006, 11:24 AM [ in reply to How do they determine it with pot? You can't just blow ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prove? Can't, but they would charge him if they thought

Dec 21, 2006, 11:24 AM [ in reply to How do they determine it with pot? You can't just blow ]

he was high while driving. They just have to suspect it, and it's pretty easy to tell on most folks.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would they be able to convict off of it?***

Dec 21, 2006, 11:26 AM

Depends on the judge. Sworn testimony from a police officer

Dec 21, 2006, 11:28 AM

is better evidence than you'd think. People have been convicted of DUI for marijuana, and as you said there's no test, so how was it proven?

Craig looked high on Friday***

Dec 21, 2006, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Prove? Can't, but they would charge him if they thought ]

He had no job, and nothin' to do. ***

Dec 21, 2006, 11:38 AM

#ACCFTS

Sounds like DC now***

Dec 21, 2006, 12:43 PM

The smell of marijuana is decidedly different from the smell

Dec 21, 2006, 11:23 AM [ in reply to This is even worse judgement - sounds like he decided to ]

of marijuana smoke.

just out of curiousity... what prompted the search????***

Dec 21, 2006, 11:24 AM

The smell coming from the car.***

Dec 21, 2006, 11:25 AM

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

yyup that would do it ..hahaha***

Dec 21, 2006, 11:30 AM

Duane not knowing his rights...

Dec 21, 2006, 11:29 AM [ in reply to just out of curiousity... what prompted the search????*** ]

people, ALWAYS SAY NO TO THE SEARCH, even if you're not hiding anything. Just because you can, and the officer can't do anything unless he wants to wait for a drug dog.

Why say no if you are not hiding anything?***

Dec 21, 2006, 3:22 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: Why say no if you are not hiding anything?***

Dec 22, 2006, 7:27 AM

You would make a good little slave. Just do as you are told. 'yassa,massa. I suppose you would not mind the local sheriff having a key to your house. After all, you got nothing to hide, right. I thought so.

If the officer asks your permission....

Dec 21, 2006, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Duane not knowing his rights... ]

you are under no obligation to consent. And you shouldn't.

Check out http://www.flexyourrights.org/

"Show me a good and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure."
Knute Rockne / Notre Dame

Re: Duane not knowing his rights...

Dec 22, 2006, 7:31 AM [ in reply to Duane not knowing his rights... ]

they can search the car without consent if they have probable cause (what would a reasonable person think--more than suspicion, less than fact)

As far as the dui test for pot they can request a blood test if his breath alcohol test is low, but still had eratic driving.

No turn signal does not = that, but it is a violation

Re: Duane Coleman Police Report

Dec 21, 2006, 11:27 AM

Thats like tackling w/o a helmet. Its not becuz hes black... its becuz he is a Clemson football player.. Publicity! Sack Spurrier the third was the arresting officer.

Dec 21, 2006, 11:38 AM

Hate to say it, but he got pulled over because of the way he looks, not because he didn't signal. Do Seneca cops stop every car they see that doesn't use a turn signal?

HIGHLY doubtful.

Dec 21, 2006, 1:22 PM

Coleman will pay but what about the businessmen's and politician's kids that are minor in possession every game day?

Race card

Dec 21, 2006, 1:47 PM

I never cease to be amazed at how fast the race card comes out whenever blacks get into trouble. I was charged with simple possession and spent the whole friggin night in jail, and I am as white as the day is long. It is up to the cops and they can hold you for way longer than you would ever believe. The bottom line is he broke the law when he didn’t use his turn signal and for having weed on him. That’s it. Everything isn’t always about race.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm from Seneca...

Dec 21, 2006, 2:01 PM

and I've never heard of anyone being pulled over for not using a turn signal. It doesn't surprise me though. Unless he actually cut off the police officer... it seems like this was just the excuse given for pulling over a "suspect" person. This goes on all over the place (but especially in small towns with bored cops). If someone looks suspicious, all they have to do is find a technicality like a sticker on the back window that obstructs vision, dark tinting, or not using a turn signal. Then they'll pull you over to issue a "warning." Once they're at your window they'll look for the big-ticket items.

I once got pulled over three times in one night by the same Clemson police officer... each time for same burned out headlight. It was late at night so I couldn't get it replaced. "Dude... you just pulled me over 10 minutes ago for the exact same thing." At least on the third try he realized it was me and circled around and drove off.

I'm not positive but doesn't DC drive an older model Caddie or Buick... real long with big rims? If so then he was most certainly profiled.

They pulled over people all the time for that.

Dec 21, 2006, 3:24 PM

Can't count how many "small" things folks were caught up for.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

In Seneca?***

Dec 22, 2006, 1:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Me too and I've never seen or heard of anyone getting

Dec 22, 2006, 1:38 AM [ in reply to I'm from Seneca... ]

pulled for not using their signal!

However, that does not change the fact that DC made a bad choice that reflected poorly on himself and the Clemson nation!

Dec 21, 2006, 5:09 PM

What a load of crap stopping someone for not using a turn signal ! Sounds like the Seneca Poilce Department has a liitle to much time on their hands.

Try catching so real crooks like murderers,child molesters,etc...

DC was wrong to have illegal drugs,but a turn signal !!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2006, 5:43 PM

Well we will see what kind of coach Tommy Bowden is now. He should not let him play, and if he does he has no control of the team.

NWA say, EFFFFF THE POLICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***

Dec 22, 2006, 8:29 AM

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic