Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bowden: No Interest in Alabama Job
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Dec 14, 2006, 5:47 PM

Clemson's head coach found himself again denying any interest in leaving Tiger Town for Tuscaloosa. Or any other destination.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So does that mean...

Dec 14, 2006, 6:05 PM

that he's going to stay?

YES!!!

Means he is getting a raise.***

Dec 14, 2006, 7:04 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not exactly.***

Dec 14, 2006, 9:16 PM

Re: TB is 37-27 in ACC lets give him a raise

Dec 15, 2006, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Means he is getting a raise.*** ]

He is a pretty boy not a coach

TB speaks for the entire college football coaching world!***

Dec 14, 2006, 7:02 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://www.cutigers.com/2009/football/virginia/slides/_KWB7614a.jpg

####, oh well.***

Dec 14, 2006, 8:15 PM

You know.. I look at this post....

Dec 14, 2006, 10:16 PM

And this guy's upset because Bowden is staying. Then I see at the bottom, it says "63-17". Who the heck do you think got us that score that you brag about. Ohhhhhh... that's right. It was ALL because of the players. If we do something good it's all because of the players execution. However; if ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING doesn't go well, it's all because Tommy Bowden is an idiot. Give me a break!

Re: You know.. I look at this post....

Dec 14, 2006, 10:35 PM

You are exactly right in what you said NCTiger1990.. these people on here bashing Bowden are a bunch of idiots.. bottom line.. not to mention, hey maybe a few of possible future Clemson players are on here reading all of this crap people are saying about the coach who is recruiting them to come to CLEMSON...!!

Have fun at the Music City Bowl . . I'm sure you're going.

Dec 15, 2006, 7:36 AM

See you there, asshol$

You kiss your roomie goodnight with that mouth?***

Dec 15, 2006, 11:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lucky Johnson

most tired post of the year.***

Dec 15, 2006, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Re: You know.. I look at this post.... ]

The coaches say the same thing. They take the blame for

Dec 15, 2006, 8:51 AM [ in reply to You know.. I look at this post.... ]

a loss and the players take credit for a win (except with TB). That's how it has been in college ball for years.

Whew...

Dec 14, 2006, 9:41 PM

that would have killed the momentum of our program.

Re: Whew...

Dec 15, 2006, 7:55 AM

If you think Alabama would be interested in Bowden then you are an idiot. He wouldn't last three seasons there and he knows it. We don’t have to worry about him leaving we have to worry about him staying. Oh and if you think recruits make their college destination decisions based on message boards then you are another kind of idiot. You guys with your blind loyalty amaze me. Who was Duke's last win against? Do you really think that was because they had better players? We all can see examples like this in every season with TB. He isn’t that great of a coach and that’s the bottom line.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've seen this before. This kind of talk means...

Dec 15, 2006, 8:01 AM

we need to be looking for a new head coacher.

Is it that Bowden isn't interested or is Alabama not

Dec 15, 2006, 8:56 AM

interested. If they haven't even tried to contact him, then it means they aren't interested.

Re: So, geniuses....

Dec 15, 2006, 9:49 AM

... who would you replace TB with? Before you jump at that question, find me ONE college football coach, other than OSU, who won every game they SHOULD have won. If you can't, then name me anohter who has taken their team to bowl eligibility for 8 years. If you can't, then name a coach who has a better winning record over 8 years AND who has a better grad rate than TB. Now, ask yourself.... are they any better suited for this job at CU? Then, tell me who and why.

The problem with these boards are idiots get to say whatever they want without accountability or facts to back it up. And even more idiots buy into it and respond. Hey, if you know something is bogus, then why give the satisfaction to the idiot who posted it by posting a reply?

Hmmmm..... I wonder who will reply to this idiot? :)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

We are idiots, yet you think we would have to hire someone

Dec 15, 2006, 10:46 AM

that is currently a coach in NCAA. Ever heard of a coach coming from the NFL? It happens. Until TB actually resigns, or gets fired it is impossible to tell who we could get to replace him. Since their isn't a vacancy, we don't have any coaches beating down the door to come to Clemson right now, but I guarantee you things would change if Bowden left.

True, other coaches lost games they should have won, but can you name me another coach that has done it 8 years in a row like clock work? Can you name me another team or coach that has squandered as many opportunities as Bowden at Clemson?

All you have to do to be Bowl Elligible is win 6 games. Think about that for a minute. Humanitarian Bowl? Give me a break.

I find it hard to believe that TB is the only coach in the world that is suited to coach CU, if that were the case, then we should give TB a permanent contract.

Why must you call everyone an idiot simply because they don't agree with you. Are you so wise and all knowing that you are right about everything? What will you say next year after we lose to a team we should beat?

P.S. I don't see any facts in your post.

Message was edited by: FootballFan36®

Dec 15, 2006, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: So, geniuses.... ]

OK "idiot" here is a list of teams that won all of the games they SHOULD have one. Florida, Michigan, Wisconsin, Boise State and Wake Forest. (and that is just out of the top 15) Plenty of teams win all of the games they are supposed to. Losses like Florida to Auburn @ Auburn are not considered bad losses. Wisconsin to Michigan wasn’t either. Neither was Michigan’s to Ohio State. The list goes on and on. You are one of those blind CU fans that anoint TB as the second coming. Good coaches don’t lose games like TB does year in and year out. Face it he is not that good and Alabama would be crazy to even consider him. This is why they have not even contacted him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2006, 5:23 PM

I think that Wake Forest lost one they should have won..... against us. It didn't matter. Coupled with the loss of their starting qb (and playing a FIRST YEAR kid)and losing their starting running back, they took care of business and now call themselves 2006 ACC Champs.

Dec 15, 2006, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: So, geniuses.... ]

Can you say 37-27 in the ACC? Alabama does not want him but I wish thay did.

Who is Bama NOT interested in is the better question***

Dec 17, 2006, 12:18 AM [ in reply to Is it that Bowden isn't interested or is Alabama not ]

Re: Bowden: No Interest in Alabama Job

Dec 15, 2006, 12:21 PM

I can't believe Alabama would want him. His ACC record is 37-27. However I would like to see him go.

Dec 15, 2006, 10:02 PM

Why would Alabama want a loser?

Dec 15, 2006, 4:00 PM

bama wants someone tough and hard nosed i'm sure. does bowden really fit a school like bama

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bowden: Comments on Players

Dec 19, 2006, 7:38 AM

TB has had to be careful with his words all season to the pregame media as a result of potential impact of injuries. The fact is it has hurt us. We managed to use our depth until Fry went out. The recent losses of Hunter, DeBeers, and Spiller not at 100% will make the bowl game very tough IMO. Chancellors departure comes at a bad time. Hopefully Taylor R. will get to 99%. If we lose the bowl game I will chalk it up and the season up to inadequate play at QB, injuries and some poor choices of offensive calls (get a new coin Spence). Good luck Tiger team. Make us proud and beat KY.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic