Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Roy Martin: Clemson - UNC Postgame Analysis
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,119

Sep 26, 2006, 3:08 PM

The North Carolina game was complete and utter domination by the Clemson Tigers. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Accept Your Apology on Behalf of the Team Mr Martin***

Sep 26, 2006, 3:20 PM

Re: I Accept Your Apology on Behalf of the Team Mr Martin***

Sep 26, 2006, 3:24 PM

I was really disappointed in last week's article both in terms of treatment of the team and the fans. But I give Mr. Martin credit for graciously eating a lot of crow like a man. This article makes some good points that I had not considered. Much better article than last week!

response

Sep 26, 2006, 3:28 PM

1) I agree that Richardson is not giving 100% The good news is that he's not ready for the NFL and he should come back next year.

2) Proctor's one INT was high but catchable.

3) UNC would have only had one first down the entire 1st half (the 2nd play from scrimmage) but we played a prevent zone right before the half.

4) Cole Chason appears to be the most improved player on the team. I've never seen him successfully put a punt inside the 5 like that. Really to bad he was "roughed" because we followed that w/ the only turnover. Probably would have got a saftey for the defense.

5) Clemons is the real deal. A great tackler 3 games straight.

6) You just can't say enough about Rob Spence. 11th in the ACC years go. 2nd last year, and currently Number One in the ACC!

Any other time I would've loved to have that roughing the

Sep 26, 2006, 4:19 PM

kicker penalty, but it was a shame to see such a beautiful punt, and such great work by the coverage guys to down it, go to "waste".

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I told someone at work we win 60-7 and sure enough we could

Sep 26, 2006, 4:38 PM

have. The Offensive line is incredible anchored by our senior leadership of the Frys and Bennett.

Also feels great knowing we have Dukes and Richardson coming

Sep 26, 2006, 4:41 PM

back next year! We will once again have a good line. The line we have now is the best we have had in quite some time!

don't count on Big Barry coming back***

Sep 26, 2006, 4:43 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dukes is a senior***

Sep 26, 2006, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Also feels great knowing we have Dukes and Richardson coming ]

Re: Roy Martin: Clemson - UNC Postgame Analysis

Sep 26, 2006, 4:17 PM

Disagree with you on one thing. In my opinion, the game was over after the first series. They quit after the first score.

GO TIGERS!!!

It's easy to predict blowout scores anonymously behind a

Sep 27, 2006, 8:18 AM

board handle ... Roy made his call out in the open and used recent history as his guide.

The last time UNC came to Clemson with a key offensive player who was snubbed by the Tigers in recruiting, they made us play hard right up to the very last snap.

Ronnie McGill could have had the same sort of chip on his shoulder as Darian Durant did ... and the rest of the Tar Heel team could have supported him like they did Durant. The score of that game was 36-28 and ended only when Durant fumbled at the goal line going in for the tying TD.

Of course, that didn't happen last Saturday and that's probably a testament to the way Clemson is playing this year. This is apparently a different sort of Tiger team ... thankfully.

Still, it is hard to blame Roy Martin for waiting until the Tigers proved they could follow up a big win with a solid performance before predicting a blow out. Obviously he is going to be expected to live with his prediction while Joe-Board-Poster's call is forgotten almost as soon as it's made.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,119
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic