Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog for May 4
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,037

May 4, 2006, 2:40 PM

Mickey breaks down this year's Boston College football game. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best line from the whole thing today:

May 4, 2006, 2:48 PM

"The Eagles return Matt Ryan at quarterback despite David Dunham's attempt to behead him"

Almost spit my drink on to my desk laughing about that one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Don't sell yourself short, Judge. You're a tremendous slouch."

-Ty Webb, Caddyshack

Re: Best line from the whole thing today:

May 4, 2006, 3:21 PM

Why wasn't David Dunham drafted?

He didn't even start for us. He'll make it as a special team

May 4, 2006, 5:02 PM

player, if that is what he wants to do. He may have other plans about his future. I don't know that, but he may be ready to move on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

Great Blog today mick

May 4, 2006, 3:01 PM

I couldnt agree more...we gave BC way too much credit last year and tried to pound it even when our receivers could have beat them all day...

bad coaching that game...Miami game plan was great for Miami, but I thought we tried to be the exact opposite the next week.. I know we didn't need to throw the ball 50 times to beat BC but we could have at least thrown it once past the first down marker..

I know rob is a fine Christian man but either he is lying or exaggerating when he says we did go deep against BC because I distinctly remember saying over and over and over and over again, when will we ever go deep and we never did..

that game still sticks in my craw because BC had a back up and we had a 5th year senior and they went deep in the final minute of the game and when we had a chance to win it we took the ball out of Charlie's hands...

looks they rob would have known from the week before that charlie can be very clutch when he has to but instead he chose to play for the tie and it costs us the game imo..

Look at the film. When we looked long, Charlie was

May 4, 2006, 7:38 PM

pressured almost immediately and had to dump to the safety valve. Their defensive line kept us from going deep.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love it...BEHEAD him!!! One of ESPN college plays

May 4, 2006, 3:11 PM

of the year. Good analogy on last years game.

We gave them too much credit, so we lost???

May 5, 2006, 8:02 AM

That logic is a little cootish. I guess what you're trying to say is that if we had just gameplanned like we were better than them, and thrown it all over the field and been a little less conservative, then we would've faired better. OK, i get that. However, it sounds just like a #### to say that we're so much better than them that we lost.

I still get angry thinking about that game!

May 5, 2006, 12:14 PM

Somewhere near the end of the game (either regulation or OT). We were in their territory (20-30 yard line?). We lined up with EVERYONE on the line (no wide-outs) and tried to run through their line that outweighed us by an average of 50 lbs! That was definitely a case of poor coaching/play calling!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,037
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic