Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Scott Rhymer: Random Thoughts Post-Signing Day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Feb 14, 2006, 11:10 AM

Thoughts from Scott Rhymer on the recruiting class, the football schedule, spring practice, and baseball season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Minimally talented running backs" kinda harsh eh***

Feb 14, 2006, 11:19 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Minimally talented running backs" kinda harsh eh***

Feb 14, 2006, 11:36 AM

but very very true...

man we are sissy's

Why is it some folks like to blast Scott so much?

Feb 14, 2006, 11:44 AM [ in reply to "Minimally talented running backs" kinda harsh eh*** ]

I thought that was a great article. Some of you just look for anything you can ##### about.

My only gripe is that***

Feb 14, 2006, 12:41 PM

Because he ignores the obvious

Feb 14, 2006, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Why is it some folks like to blast Scott so much? ]

We may well be on the fast track to using the run to set up the pass, but we signed as much talent at wide receiver in this class as we did at running back. Supposedly, at least, we have a sub-4.2 guy with more moves than Airese Kelly ever thought about having, Jacoby Ford, but Scott didn't even mention him. We signed some big receivers, too.

With a guy who can actually make it work, I seriously doubt Spence plans to abandon the wide-receiver screen and just hand the ball off to Davis and Spiller.

I have seen the future, and it is Clemson.

Duane Coleman was NOT "Literally" "thrown into the fire";

Feb 14, 2006, 11:30 AM

he was figuratively thrown into the fire. Pet peeve of mine.

"Literally" means "literally"

true...me too!***

Feb 14, 2006, 11:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That literally chaps my hide as well.

Feb 14, 2006, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Duane Coleman was NOT "Literally" "thrown into the fire"; ]

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was literally thrown into the fire in a figurative way.

Feb 14, 2006, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Duane Coleman was NOT "Literally" "thrown into the fire"; ]

simple.
:)

Talk radio last week: Troy Polamalu was literally...

Feb 14, 2006, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Duane Coleman was NOT "Literally" "thrown into the fire"; ]

...shot out of a cannon! Geez! That guy is ridiculously tough. The NFL should outlaw that.

I had some beers with an old friend, watched the UNC game, and laughed at the mental images of this black-and-gold blur shooting around the field. We are still trying to figure out where they hide the cannon, and who fires it. Maybe it's Troy; he lights the fuse, jumps into the cannon, and straps on that helmet.

I apologize for my grammar by the way; of course, it should be rediculous, "Maybe its Troy," and I should have found a way to use "loose" when I meant "lose," and for the hell of it, said something like "your stupid if you can't use 'literally' correctly."

you're. -5 spelling. Or did you mean that?***

Feb 14, 2006, 2:02 PM

The whole last paragraph was intentional.******

Feb 14, 2006, 3:48 PM

Rhymer was being figurative when he wrote that******

Feb 14, 2006, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Duane Coleman was NOT "Literally" "thrown into the fire"; ]

the question is did Rhymer "literally" throw up in his seat***

Feb 14, 2006, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Duane Coleman was NOT "Literally" "thrown into the fire"; ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good comments regarding the run game......

Feb 14, 2006, 11:31 AM

and how we're moving into a run-oriented offense. That should take some pressure off Proctor but I feel he'll hold his own at QB - I think he'll be a positive surprise this fall.

Agreed.***

Feb 14, 2006, 11:36 AM

I don't think you realize how tough these coaches are.***

Feb 14, 2006, 12:20 PM

Re: Scott Rhymer: Random Thoughts Post-Signing Day

Feb 14, 2006, 1:20 PM

Nice analysis. But I still can't forgive this guy for his article during football season which absolutely disgusted me. Mr. Rhymer, Clemson is "Where the Blue Ridge Yawns Its Greatness"

Nice article***

Feb 14, 2006, 2:06 PM

Who is Procter?

Feb 14, 2006, 3:31 PM

Many will focus on the progress of Will Procter at the quarterback position this spring, but I’m not one of them. Will has proven to me on multiple occasions that he will have, at the minimum, a good year as the signal caller for the Tigers.

Feb 14, 2006, 11:02 PM

Youre absolutely correct about "all else seems to be falling completely into place." Perhaps an ACC Title for the football team in 2006 or 2007-? That would be awesome!!!
-

Feb 15, 2006, 8:09 AM

A typical article by Scott. A few good points and then observations that are totally wrong or indicate ignorance about the sport. Duh, either an open date can be good or bad depending on the results of the game after the open date. What a brilliant statement.

I think it is safer to say that most teams and coaches prefer an open date to rest and heal, and they prefer it around the half way point, not the next to the last game.

Yea, you have to strap on the helmet and play, but the preference is NOT to open up with two conference games on the road against two of the top teams in your division. No other team in the ACC opens up their conference play on the road against two divisional, contender teams. There is a big difference in the order, time and location that one plays games. Obviously, you are not a Clemson fan if you can't see the inequities of the schedule and think it is fine and fair. Did you help the ACC come up with this?

And four days rest is tough on both teams, but it is Clemson traveling not Va Tech.

Quit being a gutless, political pandering journalist and call it like it is. Another dose of anti-Clemson scheduling by the ACC and Swofford. Until people tell it like it is and expose it and protest it, Clemson will continue to get it heaped on them. It is similar to what they did to the basketball team just recently when Clemson had to play 3 games in 8 days with the final 2 games on the road and the last game at North Carolina.

Now do you think that was accidental. Show me anybody else who had to play that schedule.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic