Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Littleberry Dismissed from Clemson Team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Jan 17, 2006, 3:34 PM

Clemson sophomore defensive end Xavier Littleberry has been dismissed from the Tiger football team for a violation of team rules. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Littleberry Dismissed from Clemson Team

Jan 17, 2006, 4:13 PM

Like I said in an earlier thread Tommy had no choice once this story became public. Honestly, x-man should have been sent packing on the spot.

You can't dismiss someone for allegations. You have to wait

Jan 17, 2006, 4:28 PM

until all the facts come avaiable. then if it is proven or if there is a proponderance of evidence that supports the alleged incident you kick them off.

Otherwise all people would have to do is say, "joe shmo raped me." and What do you know, Joe shmo is off the team whether he actually comitted the crime or not.

I respectfully disagree. If there is enough smoke, then

Jan 17, 2006, 4:47 PM

generally there is a fire. I am sure that TB had due reason to dismiss X from the team. Why wait until there is proof of guilt or even god forbid a conviction which would blemish the program even more before you dismiss someone?

Look what Beamer has done to his reputation with the whole Vick situation. He let it fester until it was an open cancer. He should have nipped in the bud long ago.

I see your point, but it sets a bad precedent....

Jan 17, 2006, 4:52 PM

Players need to know that the University will back them if they are innocent and not just abandon them when there are accusations. Especially high profile athletes who might be looking at large monetary gains in the future. There are always unscrupulous souls looking to take advantage of naivete and make a quick buck.

Give someone the benefit of the doubt (like our legal system is supposed to) and take action when necessary.

Re: I see your point, but it sets a bad precedent....

Jan 17, 2006, 5:13 PM

> Players need to know that the University will back
> them if they are innocent and not just abandon them
> when there are accusations. Especially high profile
> athletes who might be looking at large monetary gains
> in the future. There are always unscrupulous souls
> looking to take advantage of naivete and make a quick
> buck.
>
> Give someone the benefit of the doubt (like our legal
> system is supposed to) and take action when
> necessary.
Well, there has been no trial..only charges..charges that Tommy knew of b4 he ever left Fla. The only thing different is now it's public knowlege. Don't you find it the least bit curious that he's dismissed on the same day it came out in the paper? Also, whoever brought up Ardley and Zachery forget it. Zach was a drug dealer and we all know that Ardley jumped in Tommy's face twice (the last time on national tv and even then he had told all that he was going pro b4 he was dissmissed. Forget those guys.

Re: I see your point, but it sets a bad precedent....

Jan 17, 2006, 5:43 PM [ in reply to I see your point, but it sets a bad precedent.... ]

Its quite a stretch to compare team discipline (or school discipline) to the legal system. Putting someone in jail due to allegation would be wrong, but putting them off a team is not even similar!
The players (especially the high profile ones) should understand that they are receiving tons of benefits as scholarship athletes. If they can not maintain excellent standing (even to higher standards) as players and students, then they lose the privalege and opportunity. There are other deserving athletes waiting for the same chance....
This guy apparently had a previous incident and was on probation of sorts from '04. Why keep giving him chances and wait for soemthing even more serious to occur or someone to get hurt???

OK...you guys need to read the whole post before responding.

Jan 17, 2006, 6:00 PM

I said IF they are innocent. Yes it is a big if, and it looks like in this case he may not be innocent. However, you shouldn't kick everybody off the team when they are accused of something. Players should know that their University will back them and not bow down to the court of public opinion if they have done nothing wrong.

I was not speaking of the Littleberry case in particular, I did not even mention his name. I think that TB is perfectly justified in doing what he did. I was responding to a post above that seemed to indicate (I may be wrong, but it is what I read into it) that accusations alone are justification for removal from an athletic team. This I do not agree with.

Can Someone inform me what he did?!?!(allegedly) *******

Jan 17, 2006, 7:44 PM

Me, too . . . Thanks ! ! ! ! (or a link)***

Jan 18, 2006, 10:39 AM

Re: Head Coaches have to decide - decide quickly and act

Jan 17, 2006, 8:29 PM [ in reply to I respectfully disagree. If there is enough smoke, then ]

Discipline is a must. Look at Lou Holtz. While thre are a number of issues over the years I beleive his biggest mistake was not dealing with Watson and dismissing him at least in round 2. As a result we saw the USC Clemson brawl because the USC players thought they could do anything. TB needed to send a message and I am certain he did hisbest to lean in favor of his player.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

Re: You can't dismiss someone for allegations. You have to wait

Jan 17, 2006, 10:56 PM [ in reply to You can't dismiss someone for allegations. You have to wait ]

no, I happen to know what he did, and you would be pleased to see that tommy made the right decision. It was very stupid and innapropriate. I support the decision

what he did was sick and innapropriate, they weren't just al

Jan 17, 2006, 10:56 PM

allegations

keep in mind, this s the 2nd "public" thing he has done***

Jan 17, 2006, 11:48 PM [ in reply to You can't dismiss someone for allegations. You have to wait ]

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic