Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Recruiting

Jul 22, 2017, 9:43 AM

This is my first time posting on Tigernet although I have been following it daily for over a decade. I rely on this site to stay updated on recruiting and everything Clemson sports. Except for a few Coot trolls, we are all very knowledgable and passionate Tiger fans which is awesome. I just don't understand as adults, why we trash talk any potential recruit that is a high school kid just because he didn't make a BBQ ? I was lucky enough to be in high school and college before this internet and social media took hold and I thank God for that everyday. I can not imagine how hard it has to be to be a kid in today's social media world. Our coaches know what they are doing, and regardless if we get Slayer, Carmen, Henry or whomever, we will have an excellent product on the field representing our university. The foundation Dabo has built is about love for the players that decide to join the Clemson family and making them a better person and man before they leave the university with their degree. If he and his staff do that, football takes care of itself. Regardless who decides to walk on campus in the summer of 2018, the men that are already on campus will give everything they have on and off the field and represent our university well. Let's quit trash talking 16 and 17 year olds. Go Tigers !!!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting

Jul 22, 2017, 9:47 AM

Right , at least wait until they turn 18 .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I guess I missed the trash talking. At the beginning of the week

Jul 22, 2017, 9:48 AM

We didn't expect carman, Salyer, or hill to be there I don't think, maybe Salyer and the Cook kid had a death in the family. So really ok not sure we are any worse off than we were a week ago. Coaches will do their things and if they don't choose Clemson we will be ok.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I guess I missed the trash talking. At the beginning of the week

Jul 22, 2017, 10:00 AM

Not true at all Salyer and Hill were def expected to come they said they were bringing their moms( i think both confirmed they were bringing them) so yes we were expecting Salyer and Hill. I don't think it hurts us with Salyer, maybe hill is see him being uga bound. And prayers go out to cook and his family!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2017, 9:54 AM

Thankfully we have the best staff that could be assembled to recruit, train, and mentor the young men who join the Tiger team. This helps to insure a first class product will always represent our school.
Excited to see the next group of young studs who join us on this journey. Each will be a perfect fit for Clemson.

Jul 22, 2017, 9:55 AM

I totally agree we def should bash them for not showing up we don't know what happen , lot of ppl were saying bad stuff about cooks but turned out he had a death in the family if I read right. One other thing I notice that I really can't stand is when we are in top group for a good guy and ppl will talk about how good he be with us and ex. But when they commit to another school I see a lot of god luck, but you would have been bench player at clemson or he wasn't very good overrated. Also the big one we weren't recruiting him anymore( which I will admit does happen a lot) but I've seen ppl say that about guys we clearly were going after. I wish every guy we do and don't get have great careers other than against us if they go elsewhere haha! Go Tigers

Jul 22, 2017, 10:04 AM

I don't think there is any bashing them for not showing. It is what it is. I for one am not going to read anything in to it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2017, 10:55 AM

I have read some ppl talking bad about them but you always have those fans. I love how our recruiting is going and will enjoy the front seat to the building of a dynasty!! Thing that sucks but not really bc it comes with being elite is have a feeling this season there are going to be alotnof bandwagon fans that are going to come tailgating and claim they been here from start. And noticed a lot of those type of fans are the nastiest too. I just hope that with huge influx of bamdwagoners that it doesn't hurt our atmosphere where other team fans come up to me sayin this was best away game they ever been too and how inviting we are.

You said "should" bash and then go on to call out other

Jul 22, 2017, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting ]

posters? Agree that some posters, hopefully coots, post some stupid statements but their other posts are pretty stupid also.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You said "should" bash and then go on to call out other

Jul 22, 2017, 12:44 PM

He obviously mis typed genius.

Jul 22, 2017, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting ]

I have to agree with you bc a lot of today's Tiger fans aren't able to put their emotions in check long enough to let it play out during the recruiting process. And they will run their mouths with only angry words and turn these recruits against Clemson and turning their best friends against bc of the the anger being spewed all over them when it's absolutely un-called for. If they had been around long enough to see and watch how many times a recruit can change their minds bc they are young and life of recruiting isn't as serious as it is with some, they would have learned to keep their mouths shut and just wait and listen, they would see that it isn't over for these recruits until they have actually sign with a team on national signing day. The best and most solid Clemson fans will keep their ill feeling to them selves for the good of the team they are fans of. The immature childish fans that want it all right now not giving the recruits time to work out what is best for "them", are the fans that college programs wish they didn't have, and would absolutely be better off without bc they will always be negative Nancy's for our teams.

Talking shiot about any kid coming out of HS is the worst thing that can be done by the worst kind of suppose to be adults!!! For anyone talking shiot about these kids, and if you have kids that aren't at the same age as these HS recruits, put yourself in the same place as a parent that is hearing this shiot talk about their kids now, would you allow your kid to enter a school that has talked all that shiot about your kid under any condition. No you wouldn't, and if any of these kids that aren't sure right now, their parents don't want them any where that the fan base had been saying ugly things about them either!!! Keep your anger to yourself or, at least keep it off public forms, and it can't come back on us at the end of recruit signing day. Respect these kids choice, and it could end up being a positive for us with other recruits where that fan base had talked shiot about them before they were sure!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good Perspective

Jul 22, 2017, 10:26 AM

As I have watched this saga unfold I refused to reply to any threads. It's not that they were all bad but this is the right perspective on things. There were many times on here over the years where I debated on joining just to say something when some people on here were losing their minds over something silly. Look this staff has handled a lot of so called setbacks in recruiting before. We don't even know that this is a setback anyway. Our staff turns over every stone to find the guys they need to win when things go awry in recruiting. They don't need someone who is not going to be all in and they will find someone who is. It's like I said though, none of us really know what's going on here in this situation anyway. Whatever is going on whether it's good, bad or something that has happened just by chance this staff has done more than enough over the years to earn our trust in these situations. Let the kids be kids. Not everyone is a fit here at Clemson and that's OK. Wish them well and hope the guys that do come will beat them and their team on the scoreboard where it counts.

Link to trash talking?***

Jul 22, 2017, 10:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jul 22, 2017, 10:34 AM

Everyone just remember this. Dabo took a group of young men that when he recruited them to Clemson. Most of them wasn't seen as being the best players in the country as we have been bringing in of late. Dabo has taken the players he has brought in earlier, plus mix in the players of late, and has won the biggest game in the country, and has played for that game twice. So I'm now believing that our next National Championship win won't be as far off as before bc, we are now getting our best talent ever that will mix in with with what we will need, and we should be in and playing for another NCG in a year or so especially after TL has his fist season under his helmet and becoming a seasoned big time QB. So actually, I'm not all that worried about getting every recruit we wanted when we are getting the ones that we really needed. Clemson Tiger FB program is an elite program with championships directly ahead of us for the taking with the talent on board that can make it happen!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spot on man.

Jul 22, 2017, 11:28 AM

I've said on here a couple of times that Dabo didn't need a single #1 recruiting class to beat Saban's 4-5 #1 classes stacked on top of eachother. We should've had back to back championships. We had better players collectively both years. Probably even more so in 2015. Relax tiger nation. Dabo is a national championship coach because he knows what he's doing. Nobody gets their way all the time.

We can onlly go by what reporters are reporting. Having said

Jul 22, 2017, 10:34 AM

that, I thing it was made clear to the coaching staff by some kids that they had other obligations on the week of the scheduled event. However, I think there were some surprise no shows from people that as of Thursday said they were coming with family. Again, we can only go by what reporters are reporting. The only reporter I am going by is David. If someone no shows without a decent advance notice for an event in which they were invited to and they had confirmed they were attending, then that is simply inconsiderate. Someone else may have treasured the opportunity to be invited.

Not trashing any athlete because I really don't know if anyone did that or not. I am getting the feeling that perhaps someone did that. If that is the case, that might be writing on the wall that we don't need to ignore. Perhaps we should start looking at alternates for that scholarship.

Again, I have been following David's reports, but I really can't name names of players because I haven't followed it that closely until yesterday when this started being reported.

Makes no sense to trash someone, but might make a lot of sense to move on to someone else and not play games.

Re: We can onlly go by what reporters are reporting. Having said

Jul 22, 2017, 11:35 AM

All of the grown ups that have been that age, we all know how things like that have a tendency to work out. There are some that will call everybody telling of a bigger or better party right the street some where telling about who all will be there, and all of a sudden their plans have changed meaning nothing more than going just changing their plans, it's kinda like what Ray Ray done going to auburn when he knew it was wrong, but did it anyway. But he signed with and playing at Clemson.

Hi Bobby!

Jul 22, 2017, 11:45 AM

"Let's quit trash talking 16 and 17 year olds. Go Tigers !!!"

I agree 100%. Nice first post with reasoning and passion. I give it a solid 8. Would have scored your first post a 9 but marked you down for no paragraphs which is required for a detailed post.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who's bashing them? And how many?

Jul 22, 2017, 12:47 PM

Typical intraweb exaggerating perhaps?

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic