Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Summer breakdown: Yes, someone has to replace Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

New Story: Summer breakdown: Yes, someone has to replace Watson

Jul 13, 2017, 8:01 AM

Summer breakdown: Yes, someone has to replace Watson

Yes, someone has to replace Deshaun Watson. All eyes will be on Clemson's quarterback battle heading into fall camp as Kelly Bryant, Hunter Johnson, Zerrick Cooper, Tucker Israel, and Chase Brice all compete for a starting spot. The battle could continue into the season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very insightful

Jul 13, 2017, 8:09 AM

I loved the new take on the quarterback situation and the in-depth analysis on what each QB had proven and what they can provide.. quite riveting.

Snowflake Basher........Out

When did Deshaun decide not to come back this year?

Jul 13, 2017, 8:41 AM

I haven't heard the details yet, but it sounds like he really caught us off guard with his decision to leave.

/s

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: When did Deshaun decide not to come back this year?

Jul 13, 2017, 9:03 AM

He should have just stayed forever

Like Van Wilder***

Jul 13, 2017, 12:01 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: When did Deshaun decide not to come back this year?

Jul 13, 2017, 12:37 PM [ in reply to When did Deshaun decide not to come back this year? ]

He was always going to be a three and out. There was no surprise there. His high school team ran our offense, transitioning in his freshman year was a must for Coach Morris as he was "his guy" to make everyone forget about Boyd, remember him, the Manning of Clemson! As long as the line blocks, the running backs run, the receivers catch the ball and the Defense plays their assignments we will continue to be successful. Regardless, support the kids out there and the beloved Clemson University!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought the same...

Jul 13, 2017, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Very insightful ]

Normally like articles here very much. But that one had about the substance of a middle school newspaper.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very insightful

Jul 13, 2017, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Very insightful ]

I sorta thought the same thing. Really about all of these summer breakdowns. Just kind of listing the depth charts

Re: Very insightful

Jul 13, 2017, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Very insightful ]

Yea I thought so too. I think whoever takes over at QB will surprise the national media. They think NBC we lost Watson we will no longer be a national contender. Whoever takes over I think will have a very good season. We have a great problem where we have 3 very good and capable qbs to take over the reins. Amd I truly think any one of Bryant Johnson or Cooper will have a great season. Maybe not a Watson type season but I can see our qb being like hurts last year he was good but also they didn't need him to be the man he just had to be good and not create turnovers! And I think with our defense we just need the same thing, we don't need the qb to carry the team just play good and not mess up!

Nothing gets past you***

Jul 13, 2017, 3:32 PM

It's a good problem to have

Jul 13, 2017, 8:43 AM

If almost any other team in the ACC had Hunter Johnson on their roster, they would be shouting from the rooftops how he is going to take the team to an entire new level. The expectations would be through the roof. Yet at Clemson, it's not even clear if he will start. This is because we are elite from top to bottom. I watched my first ESPN college football talk show yesterday for this season. Clemson was not even in the conversation for national champs. Look, I understand that losing your QB and top WR to the first round of the NFL will have a major impact. But we are still elite and I think we have the QBs to take us all the way. I'm glad we are not in the Natty conversation. I hope the team comes in with a big chip on their shoulder. And BTW, who is going to have much success scoring on our defense?

Re: It's a good problem to have

Jul 13, 2017, 9:39 AM

No one will notice the talent that we reload with. They won't notice it until we end up knocking on the door of the playoffs for 4 or 5 years, and that will force them to look bc media bosses surely don't like anything sneaking up on their reporters time and time again. They will look if we maintain our dominance, or they will be writing for a radio station some where.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Summer breakdown: Yes, someone has to replace Watson

Jul 13, 2017, 8:43 AM

Yeah, it's a challenge to replace a QB like Watson, but the group we have is as good as any group, or better, than any group in the FBS . I have confidence in Streeter and Dabo to get us where we need to be.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2017, 9:02 AM

I am pulling for Tucker Israel to start! To me looked the best in the spring game. I have confidence in the coaches and the QB on the field. This is a team sport and any player on the field needs to be ready to play!

)% chance Tucker starts***

Jul 13, 2017, 9:16 AM

Is a )% chance half of a 0% chance?

Jul 13, 2017, 9:19 AM

If so, that's like a 0% chance.

Re: Is a )% chance half of a 0% chance?

Jul 13, 2017, 9:46 AM

If he doesn't have a chance bc of his height, he needs to be told that he will never start at Clemson, and sign his transfer to go where ever he will fit in, any where bc it would have been already determined that he doesn't fit at Clemson. I'm not saying that is the case, but lots of folks don't believe he has a chance, and if that is true, let him go to where he can play. Personally, I would like to see what he can do on a team in a real live game after being prepared to start!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2017, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Summer breakdown: Yes, someone has to replace Watson ]

it has been interesting to see him actually referenced in an article. you do want some one who has the most command of the offense back there, but still no insight as to his been 4th on depth chart after the spring game. I get it if coachez dont say anything (motivation factors and all that) but none of the writers really even posed the question. It will be interesting to see how we handle it when there maybe isnt a clear choice, new thing

Jul 13, 2017, 9:50 AM

He will get his degree, THEN transfer to playa 5th year. That's just my guess.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2017, 9:53 AM

My thought is that he's smart enough to know he will never be an NFL QB and perhaps wants to get into coaching. If that's the case, what a better place for him to stay and learn.

Jul 13, 2017, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Summer breakdown: Yes, someone has to replace Watson ]

I agree, from a passing standpoint, Tucker looked better than the other QBs at the Spring game!

Jul 13, 2017, 10:13 AM

Five of the best Quarterbacks in the Nation!!! Clemson will be great at QB!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, to be clear, we will have a QB for 2017?***

Jul 13, 2017, 11:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Jul 13, 2017, 1:17 PM

Is it just me or has this not been discussed at all?

https://twitter.com/ti8__/status/884890611454758912

Is Daniel Shirley Mackeys scok????***

Jul 13, 2017, 1:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Jul 13, 2017, 8:20 PM

Just rotate them like Auburn did against us. A different qb for each down.

Jul 14, 2017, 4:12 PM

How did that work out for AW-BURN? No, got to go with the best, whoever that may be.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic