Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Five-star CB Cook chooses All In Cookout over Ohio St.'s Friday Night Lights
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

New Story: Five-star CB Cook chooses All In Cookout over Ohio St.'s Friday Night Lights

Jul 12, 2017, 7:01 AM

Five-star CB Cook chooses All In Cookout over Ohio St.'s Friday Night Lights

It took just one play for Anthony Cook to show why he’s considered by many to be the nation’s top cornerback for the 2018 recruiting cycle, and why top schools like Clemson, Ohio St., LSU and Texas are battling for his services. Clemson gets another shot to impress when Cook attends next week's All In Cookout.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yasssssss!!! Thank you Lowered!!!

Jul 12, 2017, 7:06 AM

??????

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Him and Eagles can ride together.

Jul 12, 2017, 7:14 AM

Both are in Houston.

Re: Him and Eagles can ride together.

Jul 12, 2017, 7:32 AM

That would be awesome!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Five-star CB Cook chooses All In Cookout over Ohio St.'s Friday Night Lights

Jul 12, 2017, 7:36 AM

We would love to have Cook as part of the family!

Our depth chart is muuuuuuuuch better than 0hi0's (they took a BUNCH of to db's last year that are already on campus there)

Cook would play early here and would have top DLinetalent putting pressure on QB's

He could own an island here

Re: New Story: Five-star CB Cook chooses All In Cookout over Ohio St.'s Friday Night Lights

Jul 12, 2017, 7:41 AM

He sounds like he fully intends on taking the island from anyone trying to impose their will on any island that he is standing guard on!!! Sign that man to a 3 year plan Dabo, and give him what ever jersey he wants. Give him two of them if that's what he wants, bc he won't be intimidated!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2017, 7:38 AM

sounds as though he is really interested

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2017, 8:06 AM

Big step in recruiting process. Bet OSt is grinding their teeth. A Tiger he'll be I'm thinking. Hope to hear an official announcement this weekend.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2017, 8:08 AM

This is great news! Mr. Cook - Mr. Mascoll and Mr. Thomas will make your job a whole lot easier.

Jul 12, 2017, 1:45 PM

Our D Line will take a lot of pressure of our secondary, and it will allow a couple of LBs to spit wide and catch anybody trying to sneak out of the back field and lower the slam on them. I'm really looking for out entire D to be a shut down defense. And I'm talking about no more teams scoring over two TDs a game and no more than a couple of field goals like it was back in the day when DV really meant Death to whom ever came in our place hoping to steal a win!!! And the way that is done, is to keep pressure on opposing QBs, with the noise level so high that it causes QBs to make mistakes bc they know there won't be any time to make an adjustment. The pressure and noise will be overwhelming to all that comes into DV. I want to hear again how coaches and players use to talk about how hard it is to play in Clemson Death Valley. When they are ask where is the hardest place to play, Clemson will be the first name coming out their mouth without a list of places!!! With the talent coming to Clemson to play FB, it can and will be that way again, the glory days are coming back to Death Valley. Teams will no longer stand at the bottom of our hill trying to intimidate us, bc they don't won't to #### our guys off!!! Gooo Tigerssss, dominate!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2017, 8:13 AM

You think if a Brian Dawkins was at the cook out he could help Close the Deal?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

or if Mackensie Alexander could drop in for a bit.***

Jul 12, 2017, 1:05 PM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Glad he's coming to the cookout. Looks like a playmaker.***

Jul 12, 2017, 8:14 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope he comes to a game in DV on a Saturday night

Jul 12, 2017, 8:27 AM

Then Clemson will makes it to his list of top one schools. :)

Jul 12, 2017, 8:39 AM

It's great that Mom, Dad, and Grandma are going to be here with him. Great time to go ahead and announce - get that recruiting process over. You're not going to find anything better. Wow, how far we've come. Just when you think it can't get any better, it does !!!

Go Tigers!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We definitely have huge advantage in the food category over those Ohioans????***

Jul 12, 2017, 8:49 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We definitely have huge advantage in the food category over those Ohioans????***

Jul 12, 2017, 9:02 AM

People from Ohio think "barbecue" consists of hot dogs and hamburgers on a grill with potato salad as a side.

Jul 12, 2017, 9:01 AM

Mama and Grandma in town? He's ours.

Well that story proves two things..

Jul 12, 2017, 9:03 AM

Cook has one of the two attributes of a great corner, the attitude of "you gotta prove you can beat me, I'm not giving it to you!" The second is "short-term memory" so you don't dwell on mistakes, file them away in your memory bank and don't let it affect you. I think this young man has both in spades. I want him at Clemson! The second thing it proves is that Amon-Ra St.Brown(cool name) is over rated. No good receiver should let a corner get "in his head " that easily.

Re: Well that story proves two things..

Jul 12, 2017, 9:09 AM

Amon-Ra, Equanimeous (ND), and Osaris (Stanford) St. Brown. I read a story on them and their parents' last name is just "Brown" but their dad wanted something different because "Brown" doesn't look all that cool on a jersey or on paper. I think they achieved that with those three names.

Re: Well that story proves two things..

Jul 12, 2017, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Well that story proves two things.. ]

That is the same attitude that Mackensie had, you got to prove you can beat him, and once or twice didn't prove nothing to him bc he was going to stop them more than they could get away!!!

Everything is bigger in Texas...

Jul 12, 2017, 9:40 AM

Including our 5* Cornerbacks!

Its only a short 12 hour drive Tony, have fun you'll love it.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

31 reasons to come to Tigertown. Zero to OSU.***

Jul 12, 2017, 9:58 AM

And PLEASE ask Jackson Carman to join you in Clemson!8***

Jul 12, 2017, 10:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2017, 11:31 AM

Heck yes I said I have a feeling we are going to land a premier cb this cycle and thought cook was that guy and looking good on my prediction. I just have a feeling the staff is going to land a big fish in the secondary!!

Exactly the kind of HIT MAN we need from the corner spot

Jul 12, 2017, 12:12 PM

Been a few guys lately that more into the less physical approach to tackling

Jul 12, 2017, 12:36 PM

seems having watson in houston will be great exposure for our program in that state.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2017, 12:59 PM

Good point

Nuk and DJ Reader had already put Clemson on the map

Jul 12, 2017, 2:52 PM

in Houston... Nuk made Andre Johnson dispoable and DJ made Vince Wilfork disposable... two all-pros that passed the torch to our Tigers, and now DeShaun is going to put the icing on the cake!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic