Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 10 for best schools for football and education
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 10 for best schools for football and education

Jul 9, 2017, 9:51 AM

Clemson ranked in Top 10 for best schools for football and education

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 10 for best schools for football and education

Jul 9, 2017, 10:35 AM

I guess it's an honor to be rated in top 10 for athletics and academics, but not sure their order makes sense. I did see all sports are considered, which is why Duke was higher than the Tigers. Revenue to expenses seems a dominant factor too. Our small school has a lot to make up, but we do it well. Go alumni!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 10 for best schools for football and education

Jul 9, 2017, 1:04 PM

How in the heck did Baylor make this list. Guess they count the sexual harassment scandal as sex education. :(

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2017, 10:36 AM

How is engineering not one of our top programs? I wonder if they meant top majors football players do. If so I can see why engineering isn't up there.

Jul 9, 2017, 11:19 AM

That is what I was interested in looking at, and when I saw that Clemson wasn't in the top 10 in engineering, I was shocked bc, I have been forever believing that Clemson University was a solid top 10 school in engineering.

Here is where all of Clemson University bragging rights stand with the rest of the country. Clemson has a lot to be proud of beyond our FB program... Go Tigers!!!

http://www.clemson.edu/about/rankings.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2017, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 10 for best schools for football and education ]

But Clemson's offenses have "engineered" some pretty amazing drives in recent years. :)

Jul 9, 2017, 10:49 AM

No Stanford?

Jul 9, 2017, 11:01 AM

Stanford not being on the list is a massive oversight, IMO. When I see Clemson and Stanford in a player's final list of choices, that validates the direction this program is going.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah that's odd.***

Jul 9, 2017, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 10 for best schools for football and education ]

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2017, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 10 for best schools for football and education ]

Exactly what I asked myself?

Leaves out Stanford and includes Baylor.

Jul 9, 2017, 10:55 AM

and if it is just football - Duke????

JUST A BAD EFFORT!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 9, 2017, 11:11 AM

Did anyone else notice that the ACC had 3 schools(4 if you want to count ND),more than any other conference?

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Jul 9, 2017, 11:19 AM

Don't tell the State Paper that we're this good. It's comical for the media in this state to pretend not to know what the entire nation knows. And in spite of all their media propoganda and billboards saying welcome to "their" state with a chicken on it the nation's top recruits still flock to Clemson. And they wonder why.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ummm how about our Engineering department?

Jul 9, 2017, 12:13 PM

I know there aren't many athletes in it but still

Jul 9, 2017, 12:16 PM

Too bad for our little brother they didn't add bass fishing and equestrian to the matrix. Or as a coot would put it, "Two bad for are sports theme people didn't add no most importantly sports ever to they're adding up stuff."

I agree, the omission of Stanford is a glaring oversight. Interesting read, thanks for sharing.

Alabama? Thought this involved academics.***

Jul 9, 2017, 1:04 PM

Re: Alabama? Thought this involved academics.***

Jul 9, 2017, 2:36 PM

Yeah can't say I can put much credence in this report. Seems to me the metrics used were off. Doesn't surprise me that acc has 3 but what others have said are spot on. No Stanford and Baylor in along with bama. I can see whisky but not tosu.

Bottom line, we and others know Clemson is second to no one. Go Tigers!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This has to be really old

Jul 9, 2017, 7:23 PM

Baylor on here as "current head coach Art Briles" says it's not been looked at in at least a year.

^^^^^List has 0 credibility w/o Stanford***

Jul 9, 2017, 9:05 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^^^List has 0 credibility w/o Stanford***

Jul 10, 2017, 2:58 AM

You could also make a strong case for Michigan.

Jul 10, 2017, 2:27 PM

How is graduation rate not a criteria?? If it were, Dabo's team would be at or very near the top. Out of all the players nationwide that left college early for the NFL this year only 8 have their degrees. 4 of those 8 are Clemson Tigers. That's a stat that no other school can claim.

Jul 10, 2017, 10:43 PM

I call bs on duke and Baylor.
Duke because they have no good football history. And Baylor because of the school's willingness to hide sexual assault by numerous football players

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic