Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One of the greatest quotes of all time
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

One of the greatest quotes of all time

Jun 25, 2017, 8:11 AM

I just took em for a little ride.

- Mike Williams

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One of the greatest quotes of all time

Jun 25, 2017, 8:15 AM

love it too!+1 TU

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Another one of my favorites...

Jun 25, 2017, 8:23 AM

When asked about the song "2001 A Space Odyssey" Tommy Bowden said, "I really like that song. Every time I hear it, I win."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jun 25, 2017, 8:38 AM

I really like the Williams quote but this is my favorite from Dabo himself. Posted the whole story to show context of Dabo's quote. When the board of trustees invites you to their breakfast, and you're a 38-year-old with no head-coaching experience who's presented the chance to lead a major program, you go. So Swinney arrived for the 7 a.m. breakfast on Oct. 17, 2008.

He smiled as board members he didn't know pledged their support. One tried to dispel a perception that the board only valued academics and said that Clemson could also excel athletically. Then, the trustee listed several schools that seemingly had achieved that balance. Florida was one, Georgia another.

Swinney immediately began fighting with himself, whether or not to respond.

"Literally in my mind, it was like, 'Do it. Nope, don't do it. Do it,' " he said recently in his office. "It was one of those battles where I was like, 'Well, this might be a short tenure.'

"But it was what I felt."

A few moments passed. Then, the interim coach made a statement that deserves a permanent place in Clemson lore.

"You know what?" Swinney told the group. "That's not my vision for Clemson at all. My vision is for this school and this school and this school to want to be like Clemson.

"I want to become the model." AND NOW THEY DO AND WE ARE THE MODEL!!!!!!!!

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Jun 25, 2017, 10:14 AM

THE QUOTE AND THE HIRE TOOK GUTS. and it has come true

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This will go down in the lore of Clemson Football history

Jun 25, 2017, 10:39 AM

And it happened only a few feet away where MW suffered his neck injury.

Suck it, coots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: This will go down in the lore of Clemson Football history

Jun 25, 2017, 10:51 AM

What was #24 doing while his buddy #7 was getting that piggy-back ride from Williams ?
He certainly wasn't tackling .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Worried about his status as a future wimmin's basketball scout.***

Jun 25, 2017, 11:01 AM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Worried about his status as a future wimmin's basketball scout.***

Jun 25, 2017, 11:09 AM

Lady College Basketball < Sweetgrass Basket Weaving

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

#24 looked like he was ....

Jun 25, 2017, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: This will go down in the lore of Clemson Football history ]

just trying to get out of the way , the entire time...lol...he wanted no part of it ..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This will go down in the lore of Clemson Football history

Jun 25, 2017, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Re: This will go down in the lore of Clemson Football history ]

Best "7 on 7" football action I've ever experienced.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was scared and didn't want to get involved.***

Jun 25, 2017, 6:09 PM [ in reply to Re: This will go down in the lore of Clemson Football history ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, that was going into the West Endzone, he was injured in

Jun 25, 2017, 4:19 PM [ in reply to This will go down in the lore of Clemson Football history ]

the East Endzone

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO.

Jun 25, 2017, 5:25 PM

1:20 of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXY-Ulh08r4

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: No, that was going into the West Endzone, he was injured in

Jun 26, 2017, 8:59 AM [ in reply to No, that was going into the West Endzone, he was injured in ]

Nope.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, that was going into the West Endzone, he was injured in***

Jun 26, 2017, 9:05 AM [ in reply to No, that was going into the West Endzone, he was injured in ]

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Nice try lunger.***

Jun 26, 2017, 9:46 AM [ in reply to No, that was going into the West Endzone, he was injured in ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Jun 25, 2017, 10:50 AM

He took us all for a little ride in 2016 . Talk about coming back for redemption .
Thanks #7 !

DB23

Jun 25, 2017, 11:28 AM

The guys who will replace Williams and others will have the talent to that too! Will they have the heart, the desire, the toughness, the spirit? Ability will not get it done..... unless they are all in!

Jun 25, 2017, 1:40 PM

"Agreed, that is the greatest quote of all time" - Abraham Lincoln, 1864

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way man. This is the greatest quote of all time

Jun 25, 2017, 7:00 PM

"You went full ###### man, never go full ######"

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2017, 8:33 PM

After the championship game, didn't he say something like "we're national championship, there ain't much left to say!"? I like that one too. He seems to be a fan of brevity.

Jun 26, 2017, 11:08 AM

Dear Coots-

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

Benjamin Franklin

Jun 26, 2017, 11:29 AM

"When are we going to recruits cars? Let's start using that SEC Network money to good use"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic