Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Florida commit wanted Clemson offer "for a long time"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

New Story: Florida commit wanted Clemson offer "for a long time"

Jun 20, 2017, 7:01 AM

Florida commit wanted Clemson offer "for a long time"

Jaquaze Sorrells has been committed to Florida for a year and a week, but that didn’t stop the big-time 2019 defensive tackle out of Largo (FL) from being excited about an offer from the defending national champs. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Florida commit wanted Clemson offer "for a long time"

Jun 20, 2017, 7:53 AM

Looks like a great Tiger, esp if Venable's impressed. Can we steal from the SEC once again. Nice.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2017, 8:17 AM

Florida = dream school

That's usually the kiss of death

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Long before Florida became my dream school"...

Jun 20, 2017, 8:26 AM

CLEMSON....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2017, 8:05 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Florida commit wanted Clemson offer "for a long time" ]

Can't remember the DB's name from Texas who rode a bus to Clemson on a visit...said Clemson was his dream school. Said DB did not commit to Clemson. You never know...

Jun 20, 2017, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Florida commit wanted Clemson offer "for a long time" ]

I find it unusual that he's pinned the announcement of his Clemson offer to the top of his Twitter page. I guess a Clemson offer is def a badge of honor these days.

Jun 20, 2017, 9:33 AM

If this young man likes Clemson enough to have all the good things that he says he feels about Clemson, then why hasn't he ever visited before now. It's not like he needed a personal invitation to come down and check us out. I mean all the kind words and how he has followed Clemson FB program for sometime and has never been on campus. It's the out of the blue, and suddenly all the love that I'm wondering about. Do a kid have to have an offer from a school before they can add that school to one of their 5 expense paid visit to a school???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2017, 10:50 AM

He's only a rising junior, this is when most recruits his age start their unofficial visits to get a feel for schools!

Jun 20, 2017, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Florida commit wanted Clemson offer "for a long time" ]

Not all young men have the money to travel. He has a poignant post on his page:
"2 yrs ago if you Googled? my name all you would see are my father's mug shots, now you see my accomplishments".

Pretty meaningful.

Jun 20, 2017, 9:40 AM

My question is, "is he really interested in being a Tiger, or does he just want to be able to say that he got an offer from Clemson"? I hope there really is interest, and he would consider un- committing from UF in favor of us. I guess we will see.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2017, 10:46 AM

Looks like he'd be a great addition to the D-line. An added bonus would be to hear Spurrier's whining if he flips. I'd love to see Dabo and the paw haunting the old ball coach!!!

Jun 20, 2017, 10:47 AM

Flip on over to a class that's prob going to be top 5 minimum for the 19 cycle with full numbers and our recruiting on fire!! Plus I'd love to steal them from gators always want to play them so we can beat them and claim another sec power but a recruiting win will work for now.

Jun 20, 2017, 10:51 AM

6-3 250. KInd of light, wonder what he comes in at after his senior year?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2017, 10:54 AM

I'm guessing 6-4 280 by the time he graduates.

Jun 20, 2017, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Florida commit wanted Clemson offer "for a long time" ]

I thought that for a second, and then realized he's actually a pretty big kid for his age. I think we all may have gotten a bit spoiled getting in physical marvels like Big Dex in here. Especially if he comes in and RS as all but a few do on line. Still, this sounds like a Gator. I think a lot of these kids just like having the top programs make an offer, and frankly who can blame them. It is the last time they will have any say in where they play until they become NFL free agents. Good luck young man and enjoy the process.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2017, 10:54 AM

"The academics, the environment, the love and the family hospitality that I’ll get from the university and the people around it.”

If this is what he is basing his decision off of, then consider him already a Tiger.

Jun 20, 2017, 10:58 AM

As long as our Tigers have another good year on the field the season, our 2019 recruiting class could be very special. Showing recruits that there won't be a huge drop off after DW4 era will be important

Jun 20, 2017, 12:23 PM

Two TUs for the mention of after the DW4 era. That is what is on most recruits mind right now. Can we win another NC without DW4. My answer is H&ll yes bc, I believe that Trevor Lawrence will be just as good or better. Clemson hasn't seen the last of our NC runs quite yet!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly what I thought while reading the story

Jun 21, 2017, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Florida commit wanted Clemson offer "for a long time" ]

This kid seems like he's ours to lose at this point... we shall see!

Jun 20, 2017, 2:29 PM

I wonder what the definition of "committed" is to this teenager?

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic