Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
All the baseball complaints are pretty funny today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 75
| visibility 1

All the baseball complaints are pretty funny today

May 24, 2017, 8:28 AM

Monte Lee in year 1 wins an ACC Championship, then follows that up with getting us into the top 5 in year 2. Monte is a genius and D-Rad made the right move by asking Jack HOF to step aside and hiring Lee. But then the season continues, the team finishes the regular season playing poorly and flames out in the ACC Tournament. Log into tnet today and the team sucks, Monte is stoic and "NEVER" shows any emotion, the tournament format sucks, D-Rad sucks and Monte sucks.

Could it be that the first half of the season while we were winning, often in dramatic fashion, that we were ignoring some weaknesses on this team because of all the W's being stacked up? Maybe we ignored the fact that this team, who was possibly overachieving was about to hit the 2nd half of a back-loaded schedule? This team probably isn't quite as good as the record reflected when our Tigers were ranked #3 in the country, but it's also not as bad as it has been as of late. The answer, as usual, is somewhere in the middle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

The answer is yes

May 24, 2017, 8:35 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=21601530&start=0#21601530

I agree 100%

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm convinced Clemson baseball posters are actually

May 24, 2017, 8:39 AM

Louisville football fans in the fall.

You really can't tell them apart.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Some people just can't handle the harsh reality

May 24, 2017, 8:40 AM

That we aren't going to win every game in every sport every year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree 100%. Another thing we know is that the same posters

May 24, 2017, 11:52 AM

are going to moan and groin about something in every game in every sport win or lose. Thankfully they are not neighbors!!

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!***

May 25, 2017, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Some people just can't handle the harsh reality ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All the baseball complaints are pretty funny today

May 24, 2017, 8:52 AM

38-18 last year. 39-17 this year with just about the whole team back. A 1 game improvement. That's the issue. Not to mention on of the worst late season collapses in a long time if not ever.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tigers o well***

May 24, 2017, 8:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

The team has not

May 24, 2017, 9:03 AM

Continued to improve during the season. Duke is not a team we should lose to in a must win situation. We should not drop pop flys and make base running mistakes this deep into the season. The star players are not getting the job done down the stretch. Name one area where we have improved since the early games. I don't know why the team is so uptight but they definitely are
Tell me your thpughts

My thought is...

May 24, 2017, 9:07 AM

Tigers o well (recently banned) and charlies are one and the same.

Re: My thought is...

May 24, 2017, 9:17 AM

You are the biggest troll of all time. And who the hell is tiger o well

No personal attacks***

May 24, 2017, 9:20 AM

Re: No personal attacks***

May 24, 2017, 9:22 AM

How can it be personal when nobody on here knows anybody else? You are a troll with your little fingers popping up on everybody threads yet never adding anything to the topic of conversation

I thought we had a very good baseball conversation about

May 24, 2017, 9:24 AM

the infield the other day.

Re: I thought we had a very good baseball conversation about

May 24, 2017, 9:27 AM

You and very good baseball conversation don't seem to go together from what I've noticed so far. I'm going to ignore you now. This is the last time I'll respond to you

Hey tigers o well, can you ignore me too?

May 24, 2017, 9:29 AM

TIA

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Hey tigers o well, can you ignore me too?

May 24, 2017, 9:31 AM

Done

do you like italian sausages?

May 24, 2017, 9:45 AM

they sell them at some ballparks

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Oh, me too, me too!

May 24, 2017, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey tigers o well, can you ignore me too? ]

thanks

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Are you referring to this TigersO?

May 25, 2017, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Tigers o well*** ]

I have no other screen name and I have never been banned or lost posting privileges in any way.

If you were not referring to me, then carry on and I shall take you with a grade of slaw.

May 24, 2017, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Re: All the baseball complaints are pretty funny today ]

nice post tiger sowell

Disregard my previous comment on thread

May 25, 2017, 9:52 AM

I get it now. Sorry I was away for a while.

May 24, 2017, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: All the baseball complaints are pretty funny today ]

definitely work to be done. we won a tournament and had early season success and the board here went crazy. expectations were way over the top

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2017, 9:19 AM

I think expectations should've been high for this year with all the veterans we have. This team hasn't overachieved like most people keep saying. How did you feel before the year started?

Here's the thing, time and time again you have proven

May 24, 2017, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Re: All the baseball complaints are pretty funny today ]

that you don't really understand the game of baseball. Hth

Re: Here's the thing, time and time again you have proven

May 24, 2017, 9:20 AM

Are you going to teach me? Ha

No***

May 24, 2017, 9:31 AM

Anything he said would be over your head. Sorry.***

May 24, 2017, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Here's the thing, time and time again you have proven ]

Bless your heart !!!!***

May 24, 2017, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Re: All the baseball complaints are pretty funny today ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Bless your little pea pickin' heart !!!!

May 24, 2017, 9:11 AM

As Tenn Ernie Ford used to say

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On point.

May 24, 2017, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: All the baseball complaints are pretty funny today ]

Not only losing 10 of 11 ACC games, the bullpen flamed out, the team stopped hitting with runners in scoring position, and now they are dropping very catchable balls. Something is wrong.

Re: On point.

May 25, 2017, 12:10 PM

U are going to catch hell for telling the truth om here!! that is simply not allowed!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Biggest Concern I See Lies in Mental Mistakes, Errors and

May 24, 2017, 8:57 AM

Very coachable things that fell apart in back half of the season. Early season this team won because they played clean. Very sloppy in last 20.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with most of that

May 24, 2017, 9:04 AM

However, I'd argue that the mistakes were there in the 1st half of the season but they were overcome by timely hitting and late game heroics. Think about Game 1 at FSU. we got off to a big lead then almost lost. I didn't think much about it at the time because it was still a win and sometimes that's just baseball. But in hindsight, the team never seemed to mentally recover after that. Obviously there's still time, they can get back to campus after the next meaningless game and regroup. Our bullpen needs to man up though, and quickly.

I wouldn't call the UVa game completely meaningless....

May 24, 2017, 9:44 AM

In terms of the ACC Championship, it is meaningless, but a win over a solid and nationally ranked Cavalier team may re-solidify a Regional hosting opportunity for Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wouldn't call the UVa game completely meaningless....

May 24, 2017, 9:51 AM

I think the die on us in post season is pretty well cast by now whether we win or lose.

Correct.

May 24, 2017, 1:04 PM

Clemson will be a very strong No. 2 seed somewhere, but will still make a quick exit. 101 days until Kent.

Yes, that's true. My meaningless comment was really

May 24, 2017, 9:51 AM [ in reply to I wouldn't call the UVa game completely meaningless.... ]

directed at the conference tournament, but you're correct as far as the bigger picture is concerned. Plus some momentum would be nice.

I though the win v. NC State would be the momentum...

May 24, 2017, 10:53 AM

but clearly I was wrong.

Re: I agree with most of that

May 24, 2017, 9:44 AM [ in reply to I agree with most of that ]

Has the thought crossed the collective minds of posters that the team has endured key injuries, had a limited bull pen all along and perhaps just lost an edge due to the grind of the season? Nobody, especially those actually playing and coaching, is pleased by recent lapses, but look at what Monte has to work with and who is not available.

None of the above are excuses, however it is easy for us to complain. Dabo had a rough second campaign and yet his efforts paid off as he stayed the course. Let Monte build his program over time.

Go Tigers!

Absolutely, I agree completely***

May 24, 2017, 9:49 AM

Re: Biggest Concern I See Lies in Mental Mistakes, Errors and

May 24, 2017, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Biggest Concern I See Lies in Mental Mistakes, Errors and ]

So glad you said very coachable things. If they're coachable then why aren't they being fixed? So it does come back to Monte. Unless you mean having a whole offseason to coach them and fix things. I understand you can't just flip a switch.

Coachable = Teachable

May 24, 2017, 9:36 AM

If you've ever made less than a 100 on a test, does that mean the teacher failed you, or did you fail the teacher? Or maybe sometimes you and/or the teacher just make mistakes because we are human?

Re: Coachable = Teachable

May 24, 2017, 9:43 AM

Thank you Francis. A post that addresses the topic. And yes coaching is teaching which is why I understand that it takes time. Plus the guys that hurt us the most are the younger players so they need time to improve. Maybe we just need a veteran team of only Monte Lee players. Idk. Just seems like it will hard to put together another veteran team the next 2 years. Especially when we lose beer after next season

Your pledge to ignore FM didn't last very long***

May 24, 2017, 9:45 AM

Re: Your pledge to ignore FM didn't last very long***

May 24, 2017, 9:48 AM

Well he finally responded to one of my posts with something reasonable instead of trying to be the tnet comedian. You on the other hand asked tigers o well (which isn't me) but still directed towards me, to ignore you and I said "Done." Yet here you are...Do you miss me already or do you need attention? Jokes on you. Think it through next time

do you ever think its quite possible

May 24, 2017, 9:50 AM

that the topics you want to discuss no one wants to discuss with you because you're a tool bag?

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: do you ever think its quite possible

May 24, 2017, 9:56 AM

You are a cyber bully hahahahaha A freaking internet bully. what a man

Re: do you ever think its quite possible

May 24, 2017, 10:00 AM

how is stating a fact being a bully??

charlies must have wandered away from his

May 24, 2017, 10:06 AM

safe space for a while.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Your pledge to ignore me didn't last very long***

May 24, 2017, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Your pledge to ignore FM didn't last very long*** ]

He reminds me more than just a little of NAT...

May 24, 2017, 12:41 PM

...rest his soul.

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

do you know what else is teachable??

May 24, 2017, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Coachable = Teachable ]

####

You lost me at

May 24, 2017, 9:04 AM

"over achieve". Post-modern lingo. We become victims of our own hyped expectations, based on maybe some regular season games against weaker opponents, then we say we "overachieved." But you can only "achieve", and give a hundred percent. It's impossible to give 110%.

Re: You lost me at

May 24, 2017, 9:06 AM

then no one could touch the rock

Well in that case your reading isn't very good

May 24, 2017, 9:08 AM [ in reply to You lost me at ]

because I didn't say "over achieve" I said "overachieving." Hth

take it to the football board

May 24, 2017, 9:15 AM

;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

orange pumper = points***

May 24, 2017, 9:36 AM

May 24, 2017, 10:04 AM

I agree for the most part with what you are saying. There were a lot of us that tried to temper the enthusiasm when we were what 30-8 etc. I would say that most people are just hurting and disappointed. None more than the team and Monte. We tend to lash out at those moments because we know this team CAN do better.

True we've never lost 9 games in the acc in a row. That is unacceptable - Monte knows that. I was confused when he took Charlie out but was explained during the presser. I know the op posted a recent tnet link and I'll post another that was roughly posted a week ago. It's all about recruiting. In that, I would disagree with this team overachieving. I would say they achieved to their potential.

It is natural to expect improvement from a veteran team but if you don't have the players... and we lost just enough of power coupled with injuries to NOT be the hitting team we were last year.

Bottom line, it's recruiting and I am confident that Monte will get er done.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1697721

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2017, 10:05 AM

Oh, forgot to mention that the Tigers wear concrete shoes and our opponents wear rocket boosters. Hence, maybe we just need a new shoe contract. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2017, 11:00 AM

charlies = TigerSowell = pathetic chicken troll loser who knows jack #### about Baseball.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

More pititful than funny

May 24, 2017, 11:06 AM

to me.

Semantics***

May 24, 2017, 11:45 AM

May 24, 2017, 11:17 AM

I agree with your post.

I will say that there were some questionable coaching decisions that Monte made during the season but those had little to no impact at all on the outcome of the season. I do believe that this team overachieved early in the season and just got hit in the mouth to hard the second half to get back up. The issues that we had earlier in the season was covered up by great pitching and and some of us knew and even called that it would come back to bite us in the a$$...and it did...Things like 3-4 errors a game, inability to hit LH pitching, base running blunders, untimely hitting, and lack of bullpen depth. I don't think anyone can jump on Monte's back here and if they try it would be downright ridiculous. He's had one full recruiting class of his own and the kids LOVE to play for him. I think we will be ok...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Agreed, and I think more than anything the bullpen depth

May 24, 2017, 11:38 AM

hurt the most. I have confidence Monte will address that as the team moves forward. As for questionable coaching decisions...over the course of a season every coach has those.

Agreed...and Monte has already addressed the pitching issues

May 24, 2017, 11:46 AM

He already has 53 pitchers committed, right?

null

Yes, but 2 of them are expected to jump straight to the pros***

May 24, 2017, 11:57 AM

Re: Agreed, and I think more than anything the bullpen depth

May 24, 2017, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Agreed, and I think more than anything the bullpen depth ]

Losing Crawford and Miller didn't help either. I hope Higginbotham can pitch again one day. Tons of coaches make questionable coaching decisions. It comes down to who has their team prepared to play

When you said you were going to ignore me, did you mean

May 24, 2017, 4:40 PM

starting tomorrow?

Re: When you said you were going to ignore me, did you mean

May 24, 2017, 6:06 PM

I already forgot it was you. I'm over it.

So going forward then you're going to keep your word and not

May 25, 2017, 8:16 AM

respond to me anymore? Fingers crossed...

It's unreal that 3 years ago

May 24, 2017, 11:21 AM

we were on the verge of not making the tournament. Now we've won an ACC title, back to back 40+ win seasons, may host a regional, and it's still not good enough fast enough. Our program is in good hands. It's fine. Lighten up and get a hobby.

I love CLEMSON Baseball, but this bored is torture during the season.

May 24, 2017, 6:37 PM

Give Monte more than two years to win the World Series, people.

Give him time and have faith in him. He will get the job done.

He's just as disappointed as we are with the team's performance. Unfortunately, you can't add new players to the team right now. Let him recruit and build depth in the bullpen and add some better hitters and we'll be just fine. He's in year 2. Be patient. This team is still LIGHT YEARS better than what Leggett produced his last few years. It's a process and we're getting better.

~JKB

Re: I love CLEMSON Baseball, but this bored is torture during the season.

May 25, 2017, 2:39 PM

But we're not getting better. The whole team except 3 players was back and we didn't improve. Going to be the same result as last year except we won't have an ACC tourney championship

Re: I love CLEMSON Baseball, but this bored is torture during the season.***

May 25, 2017, 3:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

May 25, 2017, 2:45 PM

Well you know how it is around here. If Dabo loses a game next year, some idiot will post on here about wanting to fire him.

Replies: 75
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic