Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: WATCH: Swinney updates Clemson's quarterback competition
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

FB Update: WATCH: Swinney updates Clemson's quarterback competition

May 17, 2017, 6:34 PM

WATCH: Swinney updates Clemson's quarterback competition

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unless those three get better from spring, I vote Israel.

May 17, 2017, 6:53 PM

He may be a little short but he had the best spring performance in my mind. For the record, I'd say Hunter Johnson 2nd, Cooper 3rd, and Kelly "no-arm" Bryant 4th.

Re: Unless those three get better from spring, I vote Israel.

May 17, 2017, 7:08 PM

No way Israel beats out the other guys. I just don't see it. Like Israel but he isn't going to be the man.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2017, 7:22 PM [ in reply to Unless those three get better from spring, I vote Israel. ]

Israel just doesn't have the height. He can throw the ball for sure. I hope Johnson and Cooper are working hard to really challenge Bryant. The competition will make them all better. Don't count out Brice.

May 17, 2017, 7:23 PM

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Brice will redshirt, and Israel will man the clipboard, and transfer at the end of the year. You'll still have Bryant, Cooper and Johnson, and THEN Trevor Lawrence comes in. I know Israel loves Clemson and it will break his heart to transfer, but he probably will.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2017, 9:14 PM

Now there's a post I can agree with.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2017, 11:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Unless those three get better from spring, I vote Israel. ]

The only thing is, if Israel was going to tramsfer, I would have thought it would happen already, ubless he does a grad tramsfer for his senior year. Look, the kid can flat out sling it, and would have been a starter somewhere this season for sure imo. If he didn't announce a transfer coming out of spring I don't know if it will happen pre-grad.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't get a vote***

May 17, 2017, 9:15 PM [ in reply to Unless those three get better from spring, I vote Israel. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spring game performance means almost nothing ...

May 17, 2017, 10:33 PM [ in reply to Unless those three get better from spring, I vote Israel. ]

... what fans see from the stands in the Spring Game is not what the coaches are looking at.

Throughout clemson history would be heros have shined in the O&W game only to disappear once the real season began.

Honestly, about the only guy to ever make a move strong enough during the O&W game to ensure his future was Swag Kelly. ??

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2017, 11:09 PM [ in reply to Unless those three get better from spring, I vote Israel. ]

You dont know what kind of arm KB got!

What proof do you have to base that statement off of? The things people say about on here? Is that where you get your info from?

Can't wait till he shows all of you up

May 17, 2017, 11:36 PM

I think about this a lot too. It seems the judgement is out already on KB but he really doesn't have much of a body of work at all. Guy has never played a full game of college ball and so many people seem to think already he doesn't have a chance.

I'm not really a KB advocate. I think HJ has the most potential. But how can anyone say for sure already if Kelly will be a good QB for us or not this year??

May 18, 2017, 12:35 AM [ in reply to Unless those three get better from spring, I vote Israel. ]

I agree he has the best day and he's got a hand in the competition. But the spring game isxsuck a small sample size

Re: FB Update: WATCH: Swinney updates Clemson's quarterback competition

May 17, 2017, 7:26 PM

I would put them Game 1: KB, ZC, HJ, TI

By Game 3: ZC, HJ, TI, KB

By Game 6: HJ, ZC, TI, KB

No changes after that.

Not sure where Brice fits in though.

May 17, 2017, 7:39 PM

Auburn tried that last season. It did not work well for them.

May 17, 2017, 8:38 PM

While fundamentally I agree that rotating QB's is not ideal.....

We.... are NOT .... auburn

May 17, 2017, 9:50 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: WATCH: Swinney updates Clemson's quarterback competition ]

we are not auburn, brainiac

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

All that swapping will mean we lost about 3 of the 1st 5 games

May 17, 2017, 11:26 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: WATCH: Swinney updates Clemson's quarterback competition ]

That would be the only reason to have 3 different starters in the first five games, unless someone is injured.

Message was edited by: longtallsam®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2017, 9:24 PM

When did stop gladiating....

May 17, 2017, 9:25 PM

When did you stop gladiating....

Bottom line: We're in good shape at QB, better than 95%

May 17, 2017, 9:51 PM

of the teams out there as far as talent and potential. The only think we are missing is a proven leader. We will miss DW for sure, just not as much as most teams would.

The competition is wide open and I don't expect a starter to be named, or even obvious, until game week, maybe game-time. Having said that, my money is on Bryant to get the start in the first few games, but I just have a feeling that Johnson makes an impact at some point. I expect all four to get some PT, and Brice should redshirt.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

May 17, 2017, 11:34 PM

For all those that said " Swinney had a plan " as I did. He'll make the right choice according to play, still a ways to go. Fall camp, etc. Either way, it looks like a good place to be in. With so much talent, and some more time to prove it. With a vaunted defense that can handle any team in the nation, we're going to be just fine. Capt. Dabo's got the ship, I'm just enjoying the sunset.

QB1 is K-Boogie QB2 is Zerrick Cooper***

May 18, 2017, 8:51 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Strange because Israel looked better than any of them. ***

May 18, 2017, 9:51 AM

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic