Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson accepting Ring of Honor nominations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson accepting Ring of Honor nominations

May 17, 2017, 9:56 AM

Clemson accepting Ring of Honor nominations

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

C J Spiller and Tajh Boyd would get my vote

May 17, 2017, 10:14 AM

Both had such a tremendous impact on where Clemson Football is now

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

CJ Spiller YES. Tajh Boyd was 0-5 vs, SC so a big NO. ***

May 17, 2017, 10:20 AM

Hold on....about the Coots!

May 17, 2017, 10:23 AM

First, Tajh had to deal with them when it was the best run they had in a century..

The LSU game meant nothing?

The Ohio State Orange Bowl (first in 30 years) meant nothing?

First ACC Title in 20 years meant nothing?

Oh yeah..he stayed for his senior year and that probably cost him in the NFL because his stock was at it's highest after the LSU Game

You are focusing on one thing and not the body of work...

Re: Hold on....about the Coots!

May 17, 2017, 10:29 AM

Spiller is any easy yes for me.

Tajh though? Was Tajh ever even the best offensive player on the team at any one point?

Tajh put this team on his back many times....

May 17, 2017, 10:34 AM

How soon they forget...

He wasn't perfect but he played his #### off every week.

Re: Tajh put this team on his back many times....

May 17, 2017, 11:46 AM

Lots of Clemson players played their ##### off. Tajh is a great Tiger, but ring of honor? Come on.

Re: Tajh put this team on his back many times....

May 17, 2017, 6:05 PM [ in reply to Tajh put this team on his back many times.... ]

Cole Stoudt played his butt off too, you want him in the ROH?

May 17, 2017, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Hold on....about the Coots! ]

your NFL point is interesting. I dont know if it would have mattered given he never had any pro success but it is interesting to ponder.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2017, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Hold on....about the Coots! ]

His 1-5 record against usc and FSU is bad. If he's Ring Of Honor worthy, it needs to be 4-2 or better IMO

How does a QB lose 5 games to the coots

May 17, 2017, 10:39 AM [ in reply to CJ Spiller YES. Tajh Boyd was 0-5 vs, SC so a big NO. *** ]

with 4 years eligibility

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Against the best Coot teams in a century.

May 17, 2017, 1:56 PM [ in reply to CJ Spiller YES. Tajh Boyd was 0-5 vs, SC so a big NO. *** ]

Lots of NFL'ers on those D's Tajh faced.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spiller 100%. Tajh is borderline. Those are the only 2

May 17, 2017, 11:28 AM [ in reply to C J Spiller and Tajh Boyd would get my vote ]

who should even be considered as far as football players go. I would have no issue with Tajh being in the ROH. He was a tremendous part of our growth as a program, as was Spiller.

I've been pushing for John Heisman for years. Evidently

May 17, 2017, 10:38 AM

he didn't do enough for Clemson to merit consideration;)

If Spiller does not get ROH as soon as he is eligible,

May 17, 2017, 11:51 AM

it will be a travesty and a sham.

That being said, Spiller is not yet in the Clemson Athletic Hall of Fame so he is not currently eligible for the ROH.

Re: If Spiller does not get ROH as soon as he is eligible,

May 17, 2017, 1:43 PM

Spiller will be eligible for HOF in 2 years and then ROH the following year correct?

null

Me! I graduated and when I come back for games ...

May 17, 2017, 12:09 PM

... I yell real loud.

That's good enough, right?

Re: FB Update: Clemson accepting Ring of Honor nominations

May 17, 2017, 12:48 PM

Mike Echols

Mike Echols

May 17, 2017, 12:59 PM

For making the fields look great for every sport, every game!!

Glad to see they're filling the void left by

May 17, 2017, 2:06 PM

cutigerbob® when he was finally taken down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

It's time for Brian Dawkins to get in the Ring...

May 17, 2017, 3:46 PM

Off the Field Contributions: Check
On the Field as a Tiger: Check
On the Field as a Pro: Check Check
Clemson Hall of Fame: Check
Leadership: Check Check Check

Only DeShaun Watson has the kind of household name that BDawk has... I hope they complete his college circle and put him in the Ring, and then the NFL does the right thing and puts him in Canton...

Weapon X... nuff said...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's time for Brian Dawkins to get in the Ring...

May 17, 2017, 4:07 PM

That is a valid point. Brian Dawkins is often sometimes over looked like we are talking about cj spiller and Boyd and both did great things for our program don't think we would have won the natty without foundation they laid along with other players too. But both never had NFL success yes cj is still in NFL and will get a shot to possibly make a late career. Brian Dawkins was a beast for clemson and a beast in the NFL as well. I think he is best NFL as of right now to ever come out of clemson. He had I think 10 pro bowls named to all pro team mutiple times and like you said he does off the field stuff now helping kids and giving motivational speeches and represents the school great! Brain Dawkins gets my ROH vote I don't think anyone can argue Brian Dawkins with his clemson and NFL career, never got in trouble that I can recall and gives back now.

Re: It's time for Brian Dawkins to get in the Ring...

May 17, 2017, 5:05 PM

Well said. I hope BDawk is chosen.

Jim Phillips is more deserving than anyone...

May 18, 2017, 11:58 AM

Before you throw the "he didn't graduate college" argument at me...Jim Phillips was the voice of Clemson athletics for decades. The void STILL exists in the radio booth. There will never be another Jim Phillips, and if that one small detail keeps him off of the ROH it's a complete travesty and a mockery of what the ROH is supposed to be about. His voice and Clemson sports were one and the same for many generations of Tiger fans. PUT JIM IN!!!!

that one small thing is a very important detail...

May 18, 2017, 1:40 PM

...although I can agree that Jim Phillips probably could and should be considered out of the box of the typical football candidate. however, having the degree is critical to this particular honor, unlike Clemson Athletic Hall of Fame. I believe the ROH is the ultimate honor at Clemson and needs a distinction above the CAHF, which having the degree is a perfect distinction considering it is bestowed by an institution of higher learning and the goal of any college student is to earn the degree...

Re: that one small thing is a very important detail...

May 19, 2017, 11:11 AM

I respect your thoughts and I'm not saying you're wrong. But a piece of paper in a frame does not decide greatness. Greatness comes in all forms, college educated or not. When you're the best of the best...for generations, you deserve the acknowledgement. Maybe one day.

I agree with you, Jim Philips deserves the ROH...

May 22, 2017, 7:11 PM

however, that one requirement is probably his barrier at this point. but i believe that a petition to the athletic department with a finely worded justification would move the department to at least find a suitable honor for him if that barrier cannot be waived... i nominate you to start the petition, but make sure it is crafted so that the powers that be can be given a reasonable plan of how to get it done.

May 22, 2017, 8:32 PM [ in reply to Re: that one small thing is a very important detail... ]

Clemson's number one product is degrees.

I have had this argument before and degrees are more important in education than anywhere else.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 22, 2017, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Re: that one small thing is a very important detail... ]

whether or not a degree should be required to be in the ROH is one thing that can be debated... but, sir, my degree (both of them) is a LOT MORE THAN A PIECE OF PAPER IN A FRAME. it is a part of my life, a piece of my heart, and a treasure box of memories.

The Radio Booth is named for Jim Phillips.

May 22, 2017, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Jim Phillips is more deserving than anyone... ]

That's enough.

null

I didn't know that...

May 22, 2017, 9:08 PM

that's good to know and a well respected honor for him!

Brain Dawkins, Rodney Williams, William Perry

May 18, 2017, 3:24 PM

Would be my considerations, Dawkins as highest as he may be our first NFL HOFer

Re: Brain Dawkins, Rodney Williams, William Perry

May 22, 2017, 7:44 PM

Brian Dawkins for sure, Rodney Williams for decades was the winningest QB ever, and rather than Fridge, I would say Michael Dean Perry. Imo was way more productive, for a lot longer. Spiller, we shall see in due time, but Boyd, I would say no if I had a vote. For all those that stated a great case about his record, you are correct, but I also submit he had the best group of receivers to ever don the Tiger Paw. Sammy, Nuk, Bryant, Brown, Humphries, Allen, Ford. That my friends is an incredible group who bailed him out on a lot of balls. Also, for all those wins, several of those losses can also be put on him, as well as some terrible passes that could have cost the team the OSU Orange bowl. So while I respect what he did, he should not be on the Ring IMO.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic