Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Florida defensive end details Clemson offer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

New Story: Florida defensive end details Clemson offer

May 16, 2017, 2:16 PM

Florida defensive end details Clemson offer

Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables and running backs coach Tony Elliott made the trip to see 2018 defensive end Taylor Upshaw practice last week, and they were impressed enough to extend an offer.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Florida defensive end details Clemson offer

May 16, 2017, 2:26 PM

If Brent wants him, then so do I. I can't imagine him wanting to go to another school besides Clemson with our family, coaches and facilities, plus his brother is there too.

His dad was a heck of a player and one of my favorites to watch back in the day when I was a kid. We where a football family for sure.

I'm sure the biggest obstacle would be the grayshirt if pride gets in the way an other coaches will use that but we will use the Natty!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

May 16, 2017, 3:19 PM

The gray shirt idea is fine. KJ Henry is the big target. Get him first.

May 16, 2017, 3:49 PM

You are either a coot or the dumbest Clemson Fan ever

You are doing all you can to throw a monkey wrench in our recruiting

May 16, 2017, 4:47 PM

Not the dang Monkey wrench, LMAO!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coot Michael thought he had Brownell fired. Now he

May 16, 2017, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Florida defensive end details Clemson offer ]

has moved to football with the stupid posts on what Dabo should and should not do. WHO pays any attention to idiots on an internet site, especially for how to recruit and coach? Only a coot could be that dense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coot Michael thought he had Brownell fired. Now he

May 16, 2017, 5:10 PM

Okay here's what I mean. Henry wants to take his time but he's a Tiger. Salyer, Hill,and Carman are favoring us. Ross and Eagles are trending Clemson. Jeffries is leaning to us. Aren't we going after a few corners and running backs? If our dream scenario comes to be or close , who do you not take to sign Upshaw? I'm all Tiger . We have a chance to make history in college football recruiting even outdoing Alabama.

May 16, 2017, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Florida defensive end details Clemson offer ]

I got nothing against Upshaw. You don't turn down 5 star defensive ends to sign a three star player. We have 17 to give I think. If we get our dream list, it will be tight. Grayshirting him allows him to come to Clemson and us sign the elite players on our board.

I count 9 Seniors on the Roster

May 16, 2017, 6:27 PM

I count 9 Seniors on the Roster where do you count 17 scholarships available?
I think the staff is counting Christian Wilkins going early to the NFL and early round 1 as well. That makes 10.

Here

May 16, 2017, 6:39 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/view/scholarships/football.do

There are 5 walkons on scholarships to meet the required 85 scholarships.

Go to the redshirt juniors and assume that the majority of those that don't play (lower than 2nd team) this year AND GRADUATE will move along.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 17, 2017, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Florida defensive end details Clemson offer ]

What you are saying sounds like horse sh!t landing on concrete, and i'll tell you why. We have all these high profile recruit that we are 'recruiting, none are committed or signed. We have our DC BV that has been a major reason for the success of our FB program. BV has evaluated Upshaw, BV believes that Upshaw would become an asset for his defense and our program, and he feels that his offer to Upshaw will be scholarship well worth it in the near future. And he will never give up on getting the elite recruits to commit and sign. So in the future, please ease away from criticizing what one of the top DC's in the country, chooses to build his defense. A great prospect in hand is better to have than two you may not catch. To be totally honest, offering Upshaw has nothing to with us taking KJ Henry or any other 5* recruit. Dabo and his coaches has never left a recruit in a bad situation, and it won't start this year either. Dabo will find the right way to get them all in as promised without any violations. They knew what they were doing when an offer was offered to Upshaw!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's this only taking 10 recruits in 2018?***

May 16, 2017, 3:20 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's this only taking 10 recruits in 2018?***

May 16, 2017, 3:24 PM

I missed that. I thought that we had 16 or 17 to give.

Dabo doesn't offer scholarships he doesn't have

May 16, 2017, 3:53 PM

6 seniors, 4 scholarships under 85 right now (1 will go to a punter for a few years).

6 + 4 = 10

Re: Dabo doesn't offer scholarships he doesn't have

May 16, 2017, 4:49 PM

Don't forget the transfers!!! I think that we have had 4 or 5 in the past 6 months....

this year's transfers don't matter

May 16, 2017, 5:08 PM

as the players weren't expected to take a scholarship spot in 2018 to begin with. if more players transfer next year, that's why we keep a strong relationship with guys who will commit on NSD

May 16, 2017, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Dabo doesn't offer scholarships he doesn't have ]

Eight already committed ! There has to be more than 10 total. I can think of 9 to 11 key prospects that we want in the class. I thought it was 16 or 17 total.

right now, it's not. hope this helps***

May 16, 2017, 5:57 PM

May 16, 2017, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo doesn't offer scholarships he doesn't have ]

Dabo was counting 8 seniors in this class, I think 8 seniors are on scholarship. only 9 on Roster!
We are young.....
I think he is counting on at least one leaving early. Dabo does not want anyone to leave without a diploma! Gotta love the guy. Once they have diploma... then he may not extend scholarship for the 5th year. That might be the 10 he has to give now.

May 16, 2017, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Dabo doesn't offer scholarships he doesn't have ]

That would mean we have two left to give. That would make no sense.

Gotta be more like 15. Can't imagine only being 10. That's

May 16, 2017, 5:47 PM [ in reply to What's this only taking 10 recruits in 2018?*** ]

almost unheard of.

Re: Gotta be more like 15. Can't imagine only being 10. That's

May 16, 2017, 6:04 PM

I can't believe that we can sign only two more players in this class. This makes no sense. Upshaw must have meant maybe 10 more.

May 16, 2017, 3:50 PM

Once a tiger always a tiger

We hope you join us Mr Upshaw

May 16, 2017, 7:41 PM

I've said b4 that I like other De prospects more that we have passed on or quit going after. I've thought about it and watched more of his film As long as he doesn't take Henry's scholly (which I seriously doubt he will, coaches want Henry priority 1). Just thought maybe parsons or other might be better if we miss on Henry. But like I said I've thought about it and after thinking about it this offer might have nothing to do with Henry or other DE prospects I think Coach V might have LB In mind when he offered him. At 6-4 240 he has good frame and could be a really good LB bc he seems fast enough to play there. But I do trust our coaches we just won a natty and a walk on scored 2 tds and the came winning one so coaches know what they are doing.

May 16, 2017, 7:41 PM

I've said b4 that I like other De prospects more that we have passed on or quit going after. I've thought about it and watched more of his film As long as he doesn't take Henry's scholly (which I seriously doubt he will, coaches want Henry priority 1). Just thought maybe parsons or other might be better if we miss on Henry. But like I said I've thought about it and after thinking about it this offer might have nothing to do with Henry or other DE prospects I think Coach V might have LB In mind when he offered him. At 6-4 240 he has good frame and could be a really good LB bc he seems fast enough to play there. But I do trust our coaches we just won a natty and a walk on scored 2 tds and the came winning one so coaches know what they are doing.

May 16, 2017, 7:47 PM

Dude why is tnet posting my post mutiple times it's getting on my nerves!!!

10?!

May 16, 2017, 9:49 PM

Me thinks the young man misunderstood or heard wrong since it's got to be more than 10 recruits for 2018.

Hey, maybe it was 10..10 on the D side!

That's it..and about 18 total. Solved!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2017, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Florida defensive end details Clemson offer ]

Henry will have a scholarship if he decides Clemson is where he want's to be. I don't understand why some think that our coaching staff has forgotten what got them to where they are now. They will never not be able to take a 5* player that they really wanted, the moment they choose us, there will be a full scholly waiting on them!!! I would bet that Dabo prepares for just that type of a case every recruiting year!!!

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic