Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson's 2017 schedule: Ranking the opponents
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

New Story: Clemson's 2017 schedule: Ranking the opponents

May 16, 2017, 8:11 AM

Clemson's 2017 schedule: Ranking the opponents

The 2017 Clemson football schedule is loaded with early-season tests, a very winnable October and what head coach Dabo Swinney calls championship November. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Clemson's 2017 schedule: Ranking the opponents

May 16, 2017, 8:18 AM

I would put the Coots at 9
GT, Wake and The Cuse are better

May 16, 2017, 8:23 AM

GUESSING you waffled on the coots to be politically correct and keep them off your a$$. lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...but Clemson isn't South Carolina. Got that right***

May 16, 2017, 8:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

May 16, 2017, 8:54 AM

Right now I feel like GT and USuC are a dead heat , but with GT replacing their QB and USuC bringing back the all-world Bentley I can see the argument that GT should be ranked just behind the Coots .
The argument in favor of the Jackets is that the QB pozition means very little in their offense so long as the new guy knows which side the hand off/pitch is going to take place on .
Either way , we're going to eviscerate both of them in their own stadiums this year .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 16, 2017, 1:25 PM

Not exactly. Clemsnon hosts Tech.

May 16, 2017, 11:35 PM

So we'll have them a 3rd straight season at home ? Could've sworn we played them at home in 2015 and 2016 .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Road Thurs. nighter last year.***

May 17, 2017, 12:02 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Road Thurs. nighter last year.***

May 17, 2017, 12:23 AM

Right , that's right . How'd I forget that beating ?
I must be getting the senile dysfunction.

DB23

May 16, 2017, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson's 2017 schedule: Ranking the opponents ]

You did a lot better with eviscerate than I did with Clemson. :)

I stopped reading at the Coots at #6.....Come on Pard.***

May 16, 2017, 8:59 AM

Re: I stopped reading at the Coots at #6.....Come on Pard.***

May 16, 2017, 10:57 AM

Obviously you forget...
#neveragain
#gameon

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2017, 9:01 AM

I agree on the first three because two are national powers and one is on the road . Louisville may be overrated. The rest of the schedules order doesn't matter. We are better than all of them and wins are expected for the elite program that we have become.

May 16, 2017, 9:04 AM

If our starting QB loses his job to another in our stable of QB's, it will be done between 9-2 and 9-16, what do you think?

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2017, 9:13 AM

No way!

We will know by the second half with Auburn***

May 16, 2017, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson's 2017 schedule: Ranking the opponents ]

I'd rank $CU below GT, Wake, and Cuse...

May 16, 2017, 10:14 AM

Those three opponents would be toss-up games, at best, for $CU.

GT and Cuse would have a field day with $CU's lousy defense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Agreed!!!

May 16, 2017, 12:50 PM

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2017, 10:24 AM

Replace SC with Citadel

I think Louisville should #1

May 16, 2017, 12:30 PM

I know our defense will be on point this year, but they will still have Lamar and will find a way to score. I'm not sure if we have enough on the offensive side of the ball to keep up.

If we can get past Louisville we will be in the driver seat to win the ACC and get back the CFP

Re: I think Louisville should #1

May 16, 2017, 3:42 PM

Louisville lost most of a dismal offensive line. Lamar will have to be more of a 1 man show this coming year and I don't see that happening. Louisville is exactly where they should be and only because of Lamar. They also lost a lot on defense. I think it's close only because we haven't been able to put them away easily since they entered the ACC. Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way, those dorks have never beaten us and they won't

May 16, 2017, 4:13 PM [ in reply to I think Louisville should #1 ]

beat us anytime soon. Coach "motorbike" Pitino, Lavar Jackson and all those loser fans will be lugubrious in Lexington once again.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Too much.***

May 17, 2017, 12:07 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2017, 4:16 PM [ in reply to I think Louisville should #1 ]

I agree....game 3 right after Auburn and in Louisville will be a real challenge. I realize Louisville is not the same team as last year but they're still pi$$ed about last year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i don't think we will know until we find out if we can score

May 16, 2017, 10:59 PM

or not.

to beat louisville at their place even with a good defense you're still gonna have to score 30 points. Can we trade blows? or are we anemic. I know one thing. You can't keep giving LJ chances or he will eventually figure something out.

No one knows at this point. I see alot of people on here talking about how we have 4 capable of winning type QB's. I don't know. first year? Thats tough to do. Maybe next year they'd be ready but we gonna show some growing pains. and having Auburn and Louisville away early on is not a good thing.

Auburn we may be able to stifle their offense and score low and still win. Louisville will still score no matter who they lost. 21 points aint gonna do it. we shall see. Maybe we move it right down the field all year like it aint nothing. sure hope thats the case.

May 16, 2017, 11:39 PM [ in reply to Re: I think Louisville should #1 ]

A wise person once told me :

" Being angry and not as good usually leads to losing and being angrier " .

DB23

May 18, 2017, 2:00 PM

I like that - hope it happens in L'ville.

please rewatch 56-7

May 16, 2017, 8:04 PM

the game was not that close

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i will say that away is a bit different. they had a crappy

May 16, 2017, 11:04 PM

team the year before and dang near came back with that Perry Orth kid. We definitely have a better team but if we are scoring like we did when we had Cole Stoudt then a rivalry game is fair game. Hope our players don't think they can just show up and win any game this year.

Dabo seems to keep their heads on straight even if he can't do it with the fans.

It wasn't just home/away.

May 17, 2017, 12:21 AM

The tone was completely different in 2015.

2015: South Carolina has zero hope of making a bowl game and they know this relatively early on. The Citadel game is irrelevant to them (and they cockily believe they can win on talent alone), so they use both weeks to prepare for Clemson. This is obvious during the game with the Bulldogs. Clemson, on the other hand, is shooting for perfection. They know that losing THIS game would be the absolute worst outcome possible.

South Carolina is as prepared as they possibly can be for the biggest game of their season. Clemson plays tight.

And yet the Gamecocks never had the ball in the second half with the opportunity to take the lead.

2016: South Carolina has to beat WCU to qualify for a bowl prior to the Clemson game (thanks to a weak ### schedule and an upset of Tennessee), so they prepare for and barely get by the (2-9) Catamounts. They think they have found their QB of the future. Clemson has regained a once-waning focus after losing to Pitt and being granted a second chance by virtue of various other upsets. South Carolina talks trash all week, including calling *Clemson* the 'little brother.' They got the attention of the best team in the country. They did not want what they thought they wanted.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic