Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: A Look Back: Tigers were destined to win the National Championship
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 4,109

New Story: A Look Back: Tigers were destined to win the National Championship

May 15, 2017, 8:28 AM

A Look Back: Tigers were destined to win the National Championship

Four months have passed since Hunter Renfrow carefully cradled the pass from Deshaun Watson and propelled himself into Clemson history. In many ways, it seems like it was yesterday. In other ways, it seems longer. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Except for that last TD reception, we forget the other plays

May 15, 2017, 9:36 AM

made by Hunter. He also caught another TD pass, he tackled the Bama much larger defensive player on the way to the goal, which looked like it turned the game around. On that last drive, he caught another (or two?) clutch passes. Now, I hear nothing about him being a star next year????

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Except for that last TD reception, we forget the other plays

May 15, 2017, 3:07 PM

Hunter will be overlooked again next year.... unless we meet Alabama again.... they know his name... and number...

Re: Except for that last TD reception, we forget the other plays

May 16, 2017, 4:10 AM

They knew Williams and DW's name and number. It didn't matter. Hope we meet next year. Means were like in the playoff.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YeP...

May 15, 2017, 9:37 AM

You're right on all accounts..from destiny, luck & more luck combined with the team's vision & desire to get back to Natty (hopefully vs Tide) and win it..

And it being fresh but seemingly a year ago but ready to Roar again!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: A Look Back: Tigers were destined to win the National Championship

May 15, 2017, 9:41 AM

As always, good article. I guess it's necessary to make your points with a few examples and Tiger fans can always offer other, perhaps better examples (ha ha). But I think you remiss in pointing out the tremendous defensive effort (how many 3 & outs?). And who could argue with Renfrow's touchdown saving tackle of a fumble. Thwared a big momentum swing. The memories will forevert be sweet.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: A Look Back: Tigers were destined to win the National Championship

May 15, 2017, 10:02 AM

Ask the players if the stars had anything to do with the wins. They did not. A team or a person is not able to perform miracles. Only God can do that. Like Coach Swinney said in the post game interview at Tampa, "Only God can do this". Ask the players if the hard work they put in, along with some answered prayers along the way had anything to do with it.

If Williams doesn't get hurt, we probably win in 16

May 15, 2017, 10:08 AM

For as much whining as I've heard about Scarborough's injury affecting the 17 game, folks tend to forget that we played 16 without 2 future 1st rounders and a 2nd.
Williams (#7 NFL pick 2017),
Shaq Lawson (#19 pick 2016)
McKenzie Alexander (#54 pick 2016)

We were also missing Cain in that game

May 15, 2017, 11:51 AM

So that was our two best deep ball WRs, a hobbled 1st round DE and completely lost our 2nd round, which was an injustice all its own, CB.

Good points by both of you. I wanted that 2015 championship bad!***

May 16, 2017, 12:21 PM

Clemson and Alabama deserve one title each.

May 15, 2017, 11:31 PM [ in reply to If Williams doesn't get hurt, we probably win in 16 ]

In 2016, I felt we were the better team, but the game went Bama's way.

In 2017, I felt we were the underdogs, but the game went our way.

If MW (and Mack and Shaq) hadn't gotten hurt, everybody gets their ring a year earlier.

Re: Clemson and Alabama deserve one title each.

May 16, 2017, 4:20 AM

Tigers were underdogs both years. Tigers outplayed them both years statistically. They were fortunate we didn't come away with two national championships. They beat us with special team play (onside kick and k/o return).

Don't know whether or not it was destiny? Think about this..

May 15, 2017, 10:10 AM

Right after our loss to Pitt it seemed like we would need a miracle to make the playoff again. Then wouldn't you know the stars aligned and both Michigan and Washington also lost that night which kept us in the running.

Re: Don't know whether or not it was destiny? Think about this..

May 15, 2017, 11:44 AM

Yes! We often forget about how three of the four top teams lost the same day, which helped keep the rankings exactly the same.

Re: Don't know whether or not it was destiny? Think about this..

May 15, 2017, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Don't know whether or not it was destiny? Think about this.. ]

That is the 1st thing to come to my mind about this past season. If either Michigan or Washington had won that weekend, Clemson would not have made the playoff. That speaks more of destiny to me than anything else!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am already calling CU vs Bammer in Round 1 of Playoff

May 15, 2017, 10:47 AM

I have called, weeks ago, CU vs Bammer in Round 1 of the playoff. Probably in Sugar Bowl. Final to be vs either the hairless nuts from Columbus or the real USC (possibly Warshington). Mark the tape.

Who's our QB?***

May 15, 2017, 1:23 PM

This article got my blood pressure back up. Remembering all

May 15, 2017, 10:49 AM

the close calls :)

Good stuff David

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

May 15, 2017, 11:17 AM

The exclamation point was the Gallman TD.....where Hearn broke the Bama dlinemen....he might as well have curled up in the fetal position at that point.

May 15, 2017, 11:17 AM

:)

FSU game was 2 weeks later, not 1...

May 15, 2017, 12:19 PM

Both Clemson and FSU had a bye week before that game. Good read though.

Best current position...... We know. Others don't.

May 15, 2017, 2:47 PM

Most of the outside world think we had a good run with a great QB (ala oregon - mariota). Had friends from all over the country kinda wink and say good run.
My reply "You have no idea what's coming"...............

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not to mention.... quite a few highly ranked teams

May 16, 2017, 12:18 PM

lost in the closing weeks letting us stay in the playoff hunt...

Sorry, didn't read all of the comments before posting

May 16, 2017, 12:23 PM

A few of you guys beat me to it!

Replies: 23
| visibility 4,109
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic