Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BKB Update: Brownell on grad transfer, new coach search
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

BKB Update: Brownell on grad transfer, new coach search

May 3, 2017, 6:08 PM

Brownell on grad transfer, new coach search

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BKB Update: Brownell on grad transfer, new coach search

May 3, 2017, 6:18 PM

When you can't recruit, you look for other schools left overs----LOL

Sometimes they are good though. It has worked for...

May 3, 2017, 6:31 PM

some other great programs.

May 3, 2017, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Re: BKB Update: Brownell on grad transfer, new coach search ]

For the first time this grad transfer is pretty good. He fills a real position of need. Legend has a long way to go.

There is a difference with BB

May 3, 2017, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Re: BKB Update: Brownell on grad transfer, new coach search ]

He will absolutely NOT cheat, unlike his counter-part down the road, to get players. basketball is worse than football in unethical conduct and recruiting practices and BB simply refuses to go that route. it may wind up costing him his job and he clearly understands that - just chooses not to lower his personal standards to make some fans happy or capture a few more wins on the court.

Sounds like a Clemson man to me!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is a difference with BB

May 3, 2017, 7:50 PM

Nobody is asking him to cheat. However, he better win next year and make the tournament. Winning is all that matters next year.

Coot Michael thought you had him fired this year?

May 3, 2017, 9:44 PM

What happened, no connections? LOL!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coot Michael thought you had him fired this year?

May 3, 2017, 9:49 PM

Like a lot of fans, I would have fired him for underperforming as a coach and team. Drad worries about too many non basketball things. Brownell is back so we will see if the changes results in more wins. The transfer is a good start. Let's see if the recruiting picks up or we still recruit mainly mid major players.

May 3, 2017, 8:43 PM [ in reply to Re: BKB Update: Brownell on grad transfer, new coach search ]

And when you can't find it to support your Clemson basketball coach, you act like a clown. Works out both ways I guess. I guess YOU could recruit better. I would put in an application if I were you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2017, 8:52 PM

I hope he pulls it off next year in basketball because I don't trust Drad in another hire. I'm just sick of hearing all this non basketball stuff off the court . All the good people and graduation priorities is important but winning and making the NCAAs is more important. The fans will judge Brownell on wins and loses next year. I hope the transfer from Michigan reverses some of those 12 losses in the ACC.

It is sad that you and others keep posting this crap.

May 3, 2017, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Re: BKB Update: Brownell on grad transfer, new coach search ]

Brownell is not a bad recruiter. If you knew anything, you would know that we signed some highly touted guys this class. Aamir Simms and Malik William were both highly regarded with offers from programs viewed as much better than ours.

And since you obviously haven't been paying attention, transfers happen a lot in college basketball today - 2 per team per year, on average. The grad transfer we just signed from Michigan is a skilled big man and was also recruited by several programs which, again, have much better winning traditions and clout than Clemson. How about giving Brownell credit for his recruiting successes rather than being like most of the simpletons here who always harp on his failures?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

May 3, 2017, 8:31 PM

Find a new coach that knows:
some inbounds plays
how to coach players to follow their shots
among other things

Exactly. Basketball can be won with basic skills

May 3, 2017, 9:23 PM

Look at Brad Stevens. Tell me he cheated for his success at Butler. A team that does well with inferior talent is way more impressive to me than a team that wins it all with 12 McDonalds All Americans.

Re: Exactly. Basketball can be won with basic skills

May 3, 2017, 9:39 PM

It doesn't hurt to have Parade All American talent either.

If it's so easy, why isn't every coach successful?

May 3, 2017, 9:47 PM [ in reply to Exactly. Basketball can be won with basic skills ]

You make it sound so simple! LOL.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

So anyway, hopefully this very avg recruiter & coach will be

May 4, 2017, 10:08 PM

met with respectful applause and minimal expectations at the Prowl & Growl. Attending the event should be an exercise in self-restraint and political correctness. Woo hoo! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic