Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BKB Update: Report: Brownell lands Michigan grad transfer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 60
| visibility 1

BKB Update: Report: Brownell lands Michigan grad transfer

Apr 28, 2017, 10:27 AM

Report: Brownell lands Michigan grad transfer

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Following the Trevor Pryce route I see.

Apr 28, 2017, 10:30 AM

Looks like a really good pick up.

Reload?

Apr 28, 2017, 10:30 AM

Or is it unload?

Snowflake Basher........Out

Hard not to like this pickup

Apr 28, 2017, 10:47 AM

Fills a glaring need at backup center for us. Played in the Big 10, which has traditionally tough inside post play. Welcome to Clemson!

Re: BKB Update: Report: Brownell lands Michigan grad transfer

Apr 28, 2017, 10:49 AM

A Coordinated backup center? I'LL TAKE IT!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3.9 points and 2 rebounds per game.

Apr 28, 2017, 10:54 AM

Here is a Michigan article on his leaving Michigan a year early.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2017/02/regarding_mark_donnals_final_d.html

and his stats:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/66187/mark-donnal

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 3.9 points and 2 rebounds per game.

Apr 28, 2017, 11:08 AM

At this point, beggars can't be choosers. I'd much rather trot him out there to spell Thomas than Robertin.

Robertin will have to play too. Donnal is not a rebounder.

Apr 28, 2017, 11:27 AM

We lost 48% of our rebounding to graduation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 3.9 points and 2 rebounds per game.

Apr 28, 2017, 11:28 AM [ in reply to 3.9 points and 2 rebounds per game. ]

Hope he can raise his game for the Tigers. Welcome aboard.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's a backup big man.

Apr 28, 2017, 12:27 PM [ in reply to 3.9 points and 2 rebounds per game. ]

We weren't trying to sign our next superstar. Relax.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Just providing some facts. No opinion in this post.

Apr 28, 2017, 12:33 PM

Relax. Don't get so defensive so easily.

Apr 28, 2017, 11:00 AM

Welcome to the Clemson family Mark! Look forward to a good year next year!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will definitely get a chance to play significant minutes

Apr 28, 2017, 11:09 AM

No matter where Thomas plays--I hope the '4', The Legend just isn't & Donnal is surely smart, technically sound and more than likely can catch the ball and have a post move or two. Skara is a big guy too, but all I hear is he wants to play Euroball on the wing like Dirk Nowitski. Only issue left to decide if Brownell can finally implement an offense and the guards will pass him the ball. Looks like a positive addition...now we need a GOOD assistant coach for post players to replace Wienicki.

Lack of recruiting bigmen is showing up again

Apr 28, 2017, 11:19 AM

Brownell better go out and get a recruiter bc he's spending more effort getting transfers to fill the void. I hope this kid is much better than on paper. 3.9 points is terrible

Are you sure?***

Apr 28, 2017, 11:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Re: Lack of recruiting bigmen is showing up again

Apr 28, 2017, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Lack of recruiting bigmen is showing up again ]

Good lord you are a joke.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Brownell better go out and get a recruiter bc he's spending more effort getting transfers to fill the void. I hope this kid is much better than on paper. 3.9 points is terrible

Are you sure?***

Apr 28, 2017, 11:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Are you sure?***

Apr 28, 2017, 11:21 AM

Isaac Asimov

Are you sure?***

Apr 28, 2017, 11:21 AM

Isaac Asimov

Re: Lack of recruiting bigmen is showing up again

Apr 28, 2017, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Lack of recruiting bigmen is showing up again ]

I am not shocked you are also too stupid to use the board.

Hope he likes doing community service

Apr 28, 2017, 11:24 AM

Since he already graduated from Michigan, will Brownlee get credit for him in terms of what percentage of his kids graduate?

THIS IS ALLSUM MAN WE ARE STAKING UP ON GUYS

Apr 28, 2017, 11:32 AM

THAT HAVE PROVIN THEY CAN AVERAGE LESS THAN 5 PTS PER GAME CBI HEAR WE COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: THIS IS ALLSUM MAN WE ARE STAKING UP ON GUYS

Apr 28, 2017, 11:48 AM

You realize he is going to be a backup right? 6'9" big guys that can give you minutes to spell a starter and are willing to do that don't just grow on trees.

Not sure why I wasted my time replying.

He could end up being one of our best 5.

Apr 28, 2017, 11:58 AM

We got some holes to fill on a poor rebounding and defensive team. We only have 5 guys with any real experience. He would be one of our most experience players.

Re: He could end up being one of our best 5.

Apr 28, 2017, 12:10 PM

Possibly. I expect Mitchell, Reed, Grantham, Skara and Thomas to start but maybe not. I say Skara because he's been in the program a year.

Where will our rebounding and defense come from with

Apr 28, 2017, 12:19 PM

that five? We have a bunch of perimeter players, but nobody that has the skills or the want-to to do the dirty work inside.

Of course, those are problems regardless of who starts, but a 6-9 240 pounder MAY help in both of those areas.

Hope those freshmen are more productive than our freshmen of the last 7 years.

Re: Where will our rebounding and defense come from with

Apr 28, 2017, 12:36 PM

Didn't the coaches say Skara was the best defender on the team in practice last year? Mitchell, Grantham and Thomas definitely start. Reed or Devoe start at the other guard spot. I'm going with Reed but either way those are your guys. The Skara spot is really the only question mark.

I look for Simms to push Skara at 4

Apr 28, 2017, 2:41 PM

his strength is rebounding. Skara is a stretch 4 and probably starts to begin the year, but unless he's willing to mix it up down low, we'll need a guy to come in and bang.

Lol Brownells Christian Laettner?***

Apr 28, 2017, 11:33 AM

Apr 28, 2017, 11:54 AM

Pathetic how many "Clemson fans" are eager to attack this guy simply due to their hatred of our coach.

Sad really.

This dood is quite different from the rest of the team but

Apr 28, 2017, 12:05 PM

can't put my finger on it.

Oh yeah, he's from Michigan.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Apr 28, 2017, 12:16 PM

Needed help!

Apr 28, 2017, 12:30 PM

coachmac has spoken. nothing more need to be said.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's averaged just 14 minutes a game in 3 years at Michigan

Apr 28, 2017, 12:25 PM

His production really hasn't been that bad. Only 3.9 PPG last year, but his SO year he averaged 7.8 and 3.7 reb in 19 minutes. For his career: 14.2 min, 5.1 pts, 2.6 reb, and 57% shooting from the floor.

Last year Djitte averaged 6.5 points and 7.7 reb in 23.5 min. If this guy gets 23-24 minutes per game he might be good for something like 8 and 5 per night. That's not bad considering our glaring need for bigs.

One more thing to add... i do wish he was a stronger

Apr 28, 2017, 12:27 PM

rebounder. That doesn't really seem to be his strength and we really struggled on the boards last year.

I truly hope most of you aren't real Clemson fans.

Apr 28, 2017, 12:37 PM

Because the comments in this thread are disgusting. All I see are negative, critical, whiny comments about how this player isn't very good, Brownell can't recruit, etc. What is with you people?!?

If you don't like where we are as a basketball program, the best things you can do are:

1. Support the team. Stop posting negative crap online for current players, recruits, and the rest of the world to read. It makes you and our fan base look stupid.
2. Go to more games. We would recruit better if our fans supported the team better. Stop patting yourself on the back because you camped out for tickets one time years ago or went to a game where we had lots of fans. Our fan base for basketball is pretty crappy, and it's time we accept that fact. Yes, we have sold out Littlejohn at times. Yes, we have been loud at times. But we don't do it consistently, and it's not all on the players and coaches to get fans to show up and be involved.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I truly hope most of you aren't real Clemson fans.

Apr 28, 2017, 12:45 PM

Start winning big games and the fans will be back. Brownell has to prove himself big time next year.

Apr 28, 2017, 12:46 PM

Worry about your on team dirt ######.

Apr 28, 2017, 12:51 PM

Clemson is my team. Our basketball program is like any other business. Put out a quality product and people will pay good money for it. We will gladly pay to watch Tiger football or baseball because we win. We did support basketball in the past because Barnes and Purnell won big games. Brownell has yet to reach their levels.

Apr 28, 2017, 2:31 PM

You are fooling no one with your new account that does nothing but post negative #### about Clemson 90% of the time.

Apr 28, 2017, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: I truly hope most of you aren't real Clemson fans. ]

hey! look everybody - the cocklover who plays wii sports is commenting. lets listen in....

tell us nancy, besides being an f'n idiot and calling out players, and before you get the banhammer - and you will, tell us - how do you type with balls in your mouth? k thx

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

those are just bandwagon fans***

Apr 28, 2017, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Re: I truly hope most of you aren't real Clemson fans. ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: those are just bandwagon fans***

Apr 28, 2017, 1:01 PM

Not bandwagon! The only way the ad will ever understand that a program needs to improve big is the fans showing their financial dissatisfaction. Ken Hatfield did a poor job in his last years at Clemson. Only when ticket sales went down did the administration make changes. Brownell has done nothing in seven years. What's wrong with higher expectations for basketball?

only supporting the team/showing up when we win is the very

Apr 28, 2017, 4:47 PM

definition of bandwagon dumba$$

Re: only supporting the team/showing up when we win is the very

Apr 28, 2017, 5:02 PM

Actually you're wrong. A bandwagon fan is someone who's never pulled for a team before but starts because they accomplish something significant....

Interest and attendance will naturally decline among a fanbase when a team giving mediocre results especially over a long period of time like our basketball program has.

would you prefer fair weather?***

Apr 29, 2017, 12:38 AM

Apr 29, 2017, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Re: only supporting the team/showing up when we win is the very ]

True!

Apr 29, 2017, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: only supporting the team/showing up when we win is the very ]

Poor Skeeter3

Apr 29, 2017, 1:27 PM [ in reply to I truly hope most of you aren't real Clemson fans. ]

Preach it my friend! +1

At least he'll be able to watch an elite football team play some games now***

Apr 28, 2017, 12:58 PM

Take that Creighton! Wooooooo!!!***

Apr 28, 2017, 1:22 PM

You do realize Creighton is a darn good Big East

Apr 28, 2017, 2:44 PM

program

Probably not.

Apr 30, 2017, 2:58 PM

These people only think we recruited a good player if he's a 5 star who chose us over UNC, Duke, and Kentucky.

Making mediocrity even less, BB is good at that!***

Apr 28, 2017, 2:16 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, those new facilities are paying off big time!***

Apr 28, 2017, 3:56 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad you recognize that.

Apr 30, 2017, 2:59 PM

I'm sure you also realize that he chose us over several programs with much better basketball history than ours.

He's a seasoned player

Apr 29, 2017, 1:40 PM

Just what we need. Be thankful for BB's successes. Last year was a razors edge season. Painful but not a disaster.

Re: He's a seasoned player

Apr 29, 2017, 2:00 PM

Brownell has made one NCAA tournament in seven years. He lost badly to Oakland at home. 4-12 in the ACC! Disaster yes!

Replies: 60
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic