Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Golf Update: Clemson Golf wins fifth straight tournament
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Golf Update: Clemson Golf wins fifth straight tournament

Apr 9, 2017, 8:20 PM

Clemson Golf wins fifth straight tournament

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Golf Update: Clemson Golf wins fifth straight tournament

Apr 9, 2017, 8:50 PM

Collegiate golf rankings aren't something that I really track, but I decided to look it up after reading about the 5th straight tourney win. Surprised to see we were only ranked 15th. Guess we haven't played much competition yet. The only other ranked team in this tourney was GT at 21st. Keep clawing Larry.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dig a little deeper

Apr 10, 2017, 8:04 AM

To the comment, "Guess we haven't played much competition yet.":

Given that golf tournaments are not 1 on 1 events, in the current run by the golf team they are 86-0 against all teams they have played. How great is that? For example, this weekend #8 Wake came in second to #42 North Florida, and barely edged out #31 Florida State and #44 Kennesaw State. At the same time, we destroyed #21 Georgia Tech, #34 Alabama, and #38 Michigan State. Not busting on Wake, it's just difficult to win.

So difficult in fact that the previous Clemson record of consecutive wins, going back to 1930, was 3.

Go win 86 consective games in any Div 1 collegiate sport - good luck with that. We go play, I would bet the farm that one of those 86 times I am going to catch you on a bad day, and me on a good one.

Clemson has three of the top players in the country, and those three are a total of 63 under par on the season. They ain't playing putt-putt neither. Other solid players are contributing in a big way.

Given that this current team broke a longstanding record of 3 in a row, and the fantastic history of Clemson Golf, it is a record that is not likely to be broken, unless of course we win again this coming week.

The last Clemson golf team to win 6, like this team has, won the National Championship. Can this team do it? Won't be easy, but we are fixing' to find out. If they don't, it won't be because they aren't an awesome team, it's just tough to do.

Apr 9, 2017, 8:52 PM

Simply.....
PHENOMENAL!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2017, 12:31 AM

Congratulations!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2017, 4:34 AM

Just go ahead and win a Natty in golf as well! CONGRATULATIONS to Tiger Golf and Coaches Penley and Byrd! Outstanding accomplishment.... 5 in a row and sixth title this year......with the ACC tournament down the road at Musgrove Mill. GO TIGERS

Incredible accomplishment by Larry, Jordan, and the

Apr 10, 2017, 8:40 AM

Players.........don't stop now guys!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic