Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Since I care very little for BBall, this move does not
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,301

Since I care very little for BBall, this move does not

Mar 21, 2017, 12:02 AM

surprise or bother me. I would have preferred to do the buyout, try and find a new coach, and take my chances with him. But honestly, if I were DRad, I would have made the exact same choice. BBall at CLEMSON is just not that important. Football is king and is #1 in the nation. Baseball is #1 in the ACC and the new hire of Lee was solid IMO. BBall wins just enough games to keep the angry mobs from forming, and we just spent a ton on facilities. Nah - let CBB hang around 2-3 more years IMO, and limp thru some bad decisions that were made. IMO there is no way we can be worse next year than we were this year. And if not, the crowds will forget how bad we were this year. Even a gambler would bet on this as the risk is low.

Maybe t-net just needs to turn their focus to bball and fball and enjoy the ride for a few months. That's what I've done. This move was inevitable and a no-brainer IMO, so it's done - close the door.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Since I care very little for BBall, this move does not

Mar 21, 2017, 12:07 AM

1. This is a terrible mindset. A good basketball program is great for the schools' national publicity and can make more money than any program other than football.

2. College baseball does not matter for our national perception. I am a huge sports fan and could not tell you who won the CWS last year. College baseball just does not matter or make money due to minor league baseball.

3. Fans like you are the problem. Did you go to Clemson or are you a Walmart fan? It is perfectly logical to favor certain sports from a fan perspective but any Clemson graduate should want us to have a good basketball program simply for the way it would advance the University as a whole. We should aim to have an athletic department like Florida rather than be content as a 1 trick pony like so many other schools.

Re: Since I care very little for BBall, this move does not

Mar 21, 2017, 12:21 AM

Kearse4Heisman you are making us "ALL" look bad!!! Learn to get with it or please get lost..........

You do realize, that as an alumni, your words are twice as

Mar 21, 2017, 6:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Since I care very little for BBall, this move does not ]

impactpactful on Tigernet, don't you? I believe your words get to ride in the " word chariot" right past us common folk down here.

Look into it.

You are a huge sports fan.........

Mar 21, 2017, 7:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Since I care very little for BBall, this move does not ]

and don't know a team from SC won the CWS? Take it elsewhere, Chump

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Basletball is imortant to most of us, but just not to you.*****

Mar 21, 2017, 4:28 AM

BOZO POST OF THE DAY!****

Mar 21, 2017, 6:46 AM

For someone who doesn't care about basketball, you sure do post a lot about it.***

Mar 21, 2017, 8:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,301
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic