Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It Takes Two to Tango!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,104

It Takes Two to Tango!!!

Mar 20, 2017, 5:47 PM

Clemson has NEVER had more than a mediocre BB team/program. We have never had a great coach. We have never had great players. We have never had a great program. So, we have nothing to offer the best recruits. We can't entice great recruits based on the history of being a great program with great potential such as winning a Natty in BB. We have never had a great successful coach who could tell great recruits "come to CU and play for me because I CAN and HAVE put great teams on the court and have won Championships and gotten far into the NCAA finals".

So, we can't recruit great talent because we have nothing to offer. W/O great talent, we are going nowhere. A mediocre coach from a low level program coming to CU with our past history has nothing to offer recruits. A top tier coach with a proven past at a high level is the only way we will ever get past our history of mediocrity. We can't recruit based on our program. We can only recruit based on the shoulders of the coach. Thus, we must pay at least 5-7 million a yr. and try and get the best coach in America. Until that happens, we are stuck on being in the bottom tier of the ACC forever.

It takes great players plus a great coach. It's not one or the other. We have never had either. Go figure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely correct! Until the BOT realize this and commits

Mar 20, 2017, 6:08 PM

we will continue to be mediocre. This is the only way to change the culture and even then it won't be easy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Absolutely correct! Until the BOT realize this and commits

Mar 20, 2017, 6:10 PM

It's like I said, and you pinged it, Clemson has very little history in basketball to bring in top notch recruits. It WILL take a big name, but the big names are set where they are. Will be hard to get a TOP NAME to come to Clemson. Alabama has the same problem.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama went the NBA route

Mar 20, 2017, 6:21 PM

and it appears to be working. Especially in recruiting

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is almost exactly what the SCar gameplan has been

Mar 20, 2017, 6:23 PM

in football for their only periods of moderate success, having two "names" come in and draw off just that plus having a little coaching chops left in the tank.

We just spent $65 Million on brand new practice space and the arena enhancement - so there's at least some kind of financial commitment in there somewhere. It won't necessarily take an old plum like SCar's route, but we definitely can and should invest in something of a "star" at the first available opportunity. When the right chops, personality, and loyalty connect with the basketball program, buoyed in the outset by a little name sizzle, I expect something special.

There is something special in these hills.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It Takes Two to Tango!!!

Mar 20, 2017, 6:26 PM

I really hate to type this, but much like USUCK football we need a name like they had to go with in Spurrier to even get talent to look. We have no winning history to bring the talent in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It Takes Two to Tango!!!

Mar 20, 2017, 6:27 PM

https://youtu.be/phOW-CZJWT0

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Coot Logic 101^^^***

Mar 20, 2017, 6:52 PM

NM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,104
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic