Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
General Update: 99-year old Clemson legend to walk in Bataan Memorial Death March
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

General Update: 99-year old Clemson legend to walk in Bataan Memorial Death March

Mar 15, 2017, 11:46 AM

99-year old Clemson legend to walk in Bataan Memorial Death March

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When Men were Men. God Bless you COL Skardon

Mar 15, 2017, 11:58 AM

and Thank You for your service!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Amen to that.****

Mar 15, 2017, 12:08 PM

Re: When Men were Men. God Bless you COL Skardon

Mar 15, 2017, 7:38 PM [ in reply to When Men were Men. God Bless you COL Skardon ]

My favorite prof at Clemson. Sensational man! God bless!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: General Update: 99-year old Clemson legend to walk in Bataan Memorial Death March

Mar 15, 2017, 12:01 PM

RING of HONOR...favorite prof by far!

Re: General Update: 99-year old Clemson legend to walk in Bataan Memorial Death March

Mar 15, 2017, 12:07 PM

Skardon is truly a Clemson legend but also much more, a national legend. I spent the morning interviewing him at his Clemson home for an article I wrote several years ago. There aren't enough words to express my admiration and gratitude for what this man endured and for his service to country.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2017, 12:07 PM

My English Lit. professor in 1977. Great American and great teacher! Dressed in a suit and bow tie many days for class.

Always wanted to know if we could speak Geechee.

:)

Mar 15, 2017, 12:08 PM

Incredible story, an awe inspiring representative of the Greatest Generation.

Mar 15, 2017, 12:11 PM

Prof for both my mom and dad in 1966. Knew about his story but not the most recent stuff. Awesome.

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

Mar 15, 2017, 12:18 PM

His Legend will never die !

The book, "Ghost Soldiers" should be required reading...

Mar 15, 2017, 12:55 PM

...for every American.

The book details the horrors these men endured.
If you ever think you have it bad, read this book. It will give you a new outlook on life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2017, 1:18 PM

Why am I not surprised that a man of this character, faith and integrity graduated from Clemson? Back in the time when men were men and honesty was your creed...We could all learn a lot from his example... May God always hold him in the palm of his hand ??

Love you Colonel Skardon. Great teacher and even better person.

Mar 15, 2017, 4:17 PM

Learned trchniques in his technical writing and public speaking classes I still use over 30 years later.
He is an inspiration and proud he is a Tiger!

God bless this man and those of that era

Mar 15, 2017, 4:48 PM

We don't see many like this any longer.They are out there, it will just be years before their stories are told.

Mar 15, 2017, 4:49 PM

Pssst. These entitled millennials aren't good enough to carry his brief case.

My uncle, my father's oldest brother, survived the Bataan

Mar 15, 2017, 5:57 PM

Death March. His other three brothers also served in various theaters during WWII...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2017, 6:27 PM

Wow. I expect a video and full recognition at Military Day this season! No excuses!! Just do it.

Mar 15, 2017, 6:28 PM

Wow. I expect a video and full recognition at Military Day this season! No excuses!! Just do it.

Mar 15, 2017, 7:05 PM

I had that dude as a professor in a Technical writing class. He was a hard ###.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, what an incredible man.***

Mar 15, 2017, 7:33 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#ACCFTS

Mar 15, 2017, 9:23 PM

Just joined to post here after reading TigerNet for years. Hah, TomTom--you definitely were a student! You all who had him as students should try to go to the March--it's an honor to meet wounded warriors, etc. Also, 100th birthday celebration this summer (hopefully!).

Extraordinary courage, unbelievable what he survived there!

Mar 15, 2017, 10:10 PM

Proud of this remarkable Clemson Grad., My Father graduated with help of GI Bill(Marine in worst battle in Pacific at Okinawa) in 1951, My Uncle Jack a Fighter Pilot in Europe graduated in 1952, my brother Johnny grad. and got Masters Degree there in 1970 and I graduated B.S. in 1966. My Brother Barry was killed in Vietnam in 1969 as a Helicopter Pilot. GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Today's Snowflakes could learn so much from thisQ***

Mar 17, 2017, 4:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic