Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Women's Softball: Details begin to emerge on Clemson's newest addition
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

New Story: Women's Softball: Details begin to emerge on Clemson's newest addition

Mar 15, 2017, 9:57 AM

Women's Softball: Details begin to emerge on Clemson's newest addition

With Clemson’s surprising announcement about the addition of softball Tuesday afternoon, there were undoubtedly questions. Where will the stadium be located? What is the timeframe for hiring a coach?
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Women's Softball: Details begin to emerge on Clemson's newest addition

Mar 15, 2017, 10:40 AM

DRad, don't forget to search for a basketball coach as well!

Love the idea of Women's Softball. I thought that would have been a great idea back when they added rowing. Having SB and Rowing is a beautiful thing! Go Lady Tigers!

Re: New Story: Women's Softball: Details begin to emerge on Clemson's newest addition

Mar 15, 2017, 10:42 AM

Here is the location by the rowing facility

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Clemson+University/@34.6783174,-82.8532757,908m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x88585e1135ab658d:0x8d3219cb792a8e56!8m2!3d34.6711669!4d-82.8387079

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Wow... never knew there was a golfing area back there***

Mar 15, 2017, 10:46 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow... never knew there was a golfing area back there***

Mar 15, 2017, 11:06 AM

With an awesome clubhouse!

You should wander back there and have a look - it's an

Mar 15, 2017, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Wow... never knew there was a golfing area back there*** ]

impressive practice area and "clubhouse".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow... never knew there was a golfing area back there***

Mar 15, 2017, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Wow... never knew there was a golfing area back there*** ]

First time I have noticed the golf practice area. I will have to ride back there and look at it.

That would be an incredible location for the softball stadium.

Mar 15, 2017, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Women's Softball: Details begin to emerge on Clemson's newest addition ]

I like it; I like it a lot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not a good place

Mar 15, 2017, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Women's Softball: Details begin to emerge on Clemson's newest addition ]

I walk the dog through there

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

How does recruiting work for a new program?

Mar 15, 2017, 10:57 AM

Assuming we need ~20 players for the softball program, how does the coach balance recruiting? Can't get all freshmen as we won't have any other recruits for 3 years. Will the NCAA wave the transfer rules so players can start with our new program?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How does recruiting work for a new program?

Mar 15, 2017, 11:08 AM

How did the women's golf do it? Maybe recruit and play club type ball for a year?

Re: How does recruiting work for a new program?

Mar 15, 2017, 12:24 PM

My daughter went to a Duke softball camp in January. They are just beginning their program and have about 5 scholarship players on campus. They will be bringing in more this fall and will begin play next spring. I believe they were planning to bring in a mixture of transfers and freshmen so as not to have all leaving at the same time. Not sure if the ones there now give up a year of playing time or are redshirted.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2017, 11:11 AM

My only problem is with the timing. I hope that the older crowd like myself that has wanted a women's softball program like forever, will still be here with the living by the time our first season has been completed, and longer if possible... This is something that I have looked forward to having for a very long time. Now I hope this lady softball HC, Lonni Alameda of FSU, will be offered the HC job to get our program started off to a good start. I've watched her team play a few times, and they have won a lot of games under Lonni!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2017, 11:18 AM

I'm with you on that one. Well spoken !

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some of the top travel and club teams in Atl

Mar 15, 2017, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Women's Softball: Details begin to emerge on Clemson's newest addition ]

Will be lots of top level folks wanting this job.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

FSU is currently ranked #2 in the nation behind Florida

Mar 15, 2017, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Women's Softball: Details begin to emerge on Clemson's newest addition ]

Might be a tough sell to leave that program, but aim high!

Re: FSU is currently ranked #2 in the nation behind Florida

Mar 16, 2017, 10:23 AM

Maybe not, a resume with getting a new program off the ground from scratch and making it into a winning program makes a golden Resume for any HC. If Lonni Alameda was to come in and build our softball program, she wouldn't want to leave bc she would love Clemson just as every coach that joins our family!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boom. I was right. I should be a city planner or something

Mar 15, 2017, 12:46 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=21220283#21220283

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll bet Clemson has a city planning degree you could take.***

Mar 15, 2017, 1:31 PM

Excellent---My choice as well

Mar 15, 2017, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Boom. I was right. I should be a city planner or something ]

Easy access off of 93 & wouldn't have to change existing 'roads' already established in area. The other sites would/could have issues with the lights from the 2 fields if playing at same time.

there are problems with that site that aren't obvious

Mar 16, 2017, 10:34 AM

like 1) that area is a part of the Clemson Forest, under control of Clemson PSA.
2) Corps of Engineers can shoot down anything Clemson wants to build that close to the lake. That is why the soccer practice complex is not there now.
3) Ain't exactly level through there. Lots of terrain issues.

It's possible, but very unlikely to be built there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't do it Joe! Planners as as useful as ...

Mar 15, 2017, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Boom. I was right. I should be a city planner or something ]

fortune tellers and just as reliable. There is no measure to to their profession. Almost like meteorologists...

Stick to being a productive member of society!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol, don't worry. I am already a successful bean counter

Mar 16, 2017, 9:23 AM

and pencil pusher. Haha!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This post reveals no new details***

Mar 15, 2017, 8:42 PM

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic