Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Former Clemson OL Jake Fruhmorgen chooses new school
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 62
| visibility 1

FB Update: Former Clemson OL Jake Fruhmorgen chooses new school

Mar 9, 2017, 3:19 PM

Former Clemson OL Jake Fruhmorgen chooses new school

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK, Jake.

Mar 9, 2017, 3:20 PM

Don't lose to the Coots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Why the whole song and dance?

Mar 9, 2017, 3:25 PM

if he knew he was going there from the jump? so weird

I think Jake likes to be recruited. He likes being told how

Mar 9, 2017, 4:42 PM

great he is. When Dabo criticized his play, instead of responding like a man and working to improve...he quit.

I wish him well, but won't miss him. I don't think he has the mental maturity to do what it takes to win Championships.

Re: I think Jake likes to be recruited. He likes being told how

Mar 9, 2017, 4:44 PM

jake is a quitter plain and simple. he didnt like being pushed by players as good or better.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 9, 2017, 5:04 PM

Yeah I'd be willing to bet he may be a bit of a "whiner" too.... cry baby if you will. just from the looks of him and hearing he's a quitter. Hey you know maybe the sec is the right place for him! He'll make friends like him and fit in real nice with the crowd over there.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 9, 2017, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Re: I think Jake likes to be recruited. He likes being told how ]

Holy ####. Derp with a negative post about something that relates to Clemson. I'm in shock.

Mar 9, 2017, 7:47 PM

it did not relate to clemson at all . jake has not been a tiger for months. i aint the one that walked out on my team mates.

I bleed Clemson orange...

Mar 9, 2017, 7:57 PM

...but Clemson isn't for everyone. I have dissuaded people, my little sister included, from attending Clemson. Not because I didn't love it, but because I wanted what was best for that individual. No one place is for everyone. As far as I can tell, Jake wasn't happy. The truth is, none of you know why. Let's just take him at his word and be happy for the kid. He will always be part of the National Championship team.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obviously not that big a deal. We won it all

Mar 9, 2017, 4:50 PM [ in reply to I think Jake likes to be recruited. He likes being told how ]

Without him. Good luck with that potent Florida offense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Obviously not that big a deal. We won it all

Mar 10, 2017, 4:01 PM

He would make a very formidable running back for the Gators. :)

Mar 9, 2017, 5:24 PM [ in reply to I think Jake likes to be recruited. He likes being told how ]

I'm sorry but, he will never be a Tiger again to me, not unless the the gators has changed their name to the Tiger gators. When you quit a job, you are no longer a part of that company. When you quit on a team, you're no longer a part of that team. If Jake would have completed his committed obligation to the Clemson Tigers, then moved on to another school that offered a class that Clemson didn't have, that is a different situation. That wasn't the case at hand, he flat out quit on his team and left them hanging, and I will no longer ever consider him to be a Tiger. Good luck to you Jake, and good bye. You did the easiest job on team, and that was quit!!! There are guys on the same Clemson team from States all around the US that are home sick and left their Girl friends, but they are sticking with the commitment they made to Dabo and their team mates. Those guys are true Tigers, our Tigers, and I totally appreciate them, and I thank them from the bottom of my heart for sticking with their team and not quitting. There are those guys that are so far down the depth chart that will never get any meaningful snaps at Clemson, and they should transfer to a team to where they can play as a back up or hopefully a starter, at least have chance to play. I'm happy that they made Clemson their first choice, and I thank them for trying their best while at Clemson....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2017, 12:16 PM [ in reply to I think Jake likes to be recruited. He likes being told how ]

Great post, he couldn't take the criticism and then daddy got involved, good riddance.

CONGARTS JAKE YULE ALWAYS BE A TIGER***

Mar 9, 2017, 3:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wish him nothing but the best

Mar 10, 2017, 7:11 AM

Hope it works out for him down there,but he's going have to work a little harder.

Beat SCAR.***

Mar 9, 2017, 3:38 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Why no explanation still? It vexes me. I am terribly vexed.

Mar 9, 2017, 3:45 PM

nm

Re: Why no explanation still? It vexes me. I am terribly vexed.

Mar 9, 2017, 3:56 PM

I hate being vexed on a Thursday!

What game was it when Dabo chewed his ###, pulled him out of the game

Mar 9, 2017, 4:04 PM

And the whole thing was shown on espn? I know it was a road game, maybe BC. He was never seen again after that. My guess is he couldn't nut up when the pressure was on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was lazy and when the coaches got onto him...

Mar 9, 2017, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Why no explanation still? It vexes me. I am terribly vexed. ]

about stepping his game up he quit

Re: FB Update: Former Clemson OL Jake Fruhmorgen chooses new school

Mar 9, 2017, 3:50 PM

good luck and I agree, beat the coots!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably shouldn't say this but

Mar 9, 2017, 3:57 PM

If we ever play your new team - hope we smash you into the ground. If you left for personal reasons, family, depression, girl, whatever, then so be it, wish the best for you.

However, if you left because you weren't getting playing time or someone said you $ucked when you did $uck, then grow a pair and Good riddance. Maybe coach mackavane will pat you on the head and tell you it'll be ok and u can get a participation trophy.

Can we never have another story about this fella... No longer relevant.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Probably shouldn't say this but

Mar 9, 2017, 4:52 PM

I disagree. He was good enough to be recruited, so he had something in him to be on the team. Unfortunately, he couldn't finish. I would be curious as to how he fares as a gator. Call it justification. ...I hope he does well, and finds his gonads, just not against us if we ever play them.

There is a story because of guys like you.

Mar 9, 2017, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Probably shouldn't say this but ]

Pathetic

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: There is a story because of guys like you.

Mar 9, 2017, 6:50 PM

Hmmmm. I'm glad you allow others to have their own opinion and their ability to express themselves. Pathetic? Who? What? The kid is? Dabo and co. recruit the kid and everyone is excited and now he's pathetic? Or maybe I'm pathetic because I hope the kid finds his gonads and overcomes an overbearing father. Or are you? As far as I'm concerned, your attitude is ....so go shove it up your pie hole

Mar 9, 2017, 3:59 PM

Can we pass a new TigerNet policy where we don't report on players that quit the team?

A month ago everyone told themselves Adrian Baker was transferring to "be closer to his child", to "be a better dad". Yet he's visiting Oklahoma State (March 4), Iowa State (March 10), Wake Forest (March 17) and Arizona State (March 30) - so how does that make sense?

Then we hear Scott Pagano is transferring to a school "on the west coast", to again "be closer to family". Well his parents and uncle moved to SC and love it, yet Scott was at Notre Dame 2 days ago.

G-Hop quits without a word, goes back to NC to work at a barber shop and somehow, after us winning a national championship without him, he gets to come back and catch passes at Clemson's pro day on March 16th.

Still no official explanation about Hobby leaving for NFL, etc. Smh.

If you quit, let's quit talking about it. Just my opinion.

Mar 9, 2017, 4:26 PM

I completely agree.

Btw--G-Hop has 0 chance at the NFL anyways.

Mar 9, 2017, 4:52 PM

All the more reason why he shouldn't be taking targets or attention away from Wayne, Jordan, Mike or Artavis.

Jordan & Mike could watch from the sideline and still go round 1 or 2 by default. But Wayne & Artavis both need to shine on 3/16 for the scouts in attendance. And I just don't think it's fair for the guy that left over a year ago to get the same exposure that both of them deserve and worked hard for.

I agree but keep in mind that...

Mar 9, 2017, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Former Clemson OL Jake Fruhmorgen chooses new school ]

...it a "human interest" story.

What ever happened to such-n-such and where did he end up, etc.

WATN

Mar 9, 2017, 4:42 PM

Obed®

Re: I agree but keep in mind that...

Mar 9, 2017, 4:49 PM [ in reply to I agree but keep in mind that... ]

Google has been solving "human interest" since 1998. If you quit, you're not a Tiger. But like I said, just my opinion.

Not always a Tiger it seems in that scenario. He is a Gator****

Mar 9, 2017, 4:02 PM

Jake bro...you not ALL IN?

Mar 9, 2017, 4:30 PM

Well, best o-luck to you....

Just one favor Jake, maybe two....

Mar 9, 2017, 4:34 PM

1). Don't block your own Offensive Lineman....

2). Don't lose to suckerlina.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I made like Jake and quit

Mar 9, 2017, 4:35 PM

Reading this article half way through

Mar 9, 2017, 4:37 PM

Hmm, wrong shade of Orange BRO.

Bye Felecia!

Mar 9, 2017, 4:56 PM

Best of luck with the Gators...

i dont understand the ill will..good luck, jake!

Mar 9, 2017, 5:01 PM

we won..life's too short.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Curious, did he get a natty ring?***

Mar 9, 2017, 5:15 PM

Re: Curious, did he get a natty ring?***

Mar 9, 2017, 5:27 PM

why would he????????????? HE QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Curious, did he get a natty ring?***

Mar 9, 2017, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Curious, did he get a natty ring?*** ]

If he did, I hope he never wears it, bc he sure as h&ll didn't earn it, and sure as h&ll don't deserve it. He wasn't helping to keep those guys from Bama, from targeting DW4. In No way shape or form does he deserve a ring!!! National Championship Rings are won, and Jake didn't win jake or jack sh!t!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a little extreme don't you think?

Mar 9, 2017, 6:52 PM

He was part of the team. He did play last year. He was a Tiger. Wish him well and move on.

Re: That's a little extreme don't you think?

Mar 9, 2017, 10:06 PM

I wish the kid well, sometimes things just don't work out how intended and places aren't right. But I do have to agree in the fact he was NOT part of the team come Champions hip game. He did not travel with the team there, was not on the sidelines in any form of support or awaiting to be in, and he even was missing not only in the playoff game that fit them there, but in several games prior during the regular season. He might have been pay off the team at one time, but just like how deon missed out last year on the bowl prizes, Jake should not receive a ring for a game he wasn't even at.

Re: That's a little extreme don't you think?

Mar 10, 2017, 11:43 AM

That is something that I wondering about, and that is was Jake ever seen with the team or his friends that he had made on the team while he was in Clemson. I'm thinking that I saw that he was from Tampa, the championship game was in Tampa. Him transferring or not, I would think that he would have contacted his friends on the team. I know a lot has to do with what kind of person someone is but, if I would have left the team regardless of the reason, I would have been there for my friends regardless of who liked it or not. I don't think that any of this would have been an issue if Jake would have done it in a Man up way. Like hey everybody, I first believed that Clemson was the best place for me, and it would have been perfect if it wasn't so far away from home and my life in Tampa. It's 575 from Tampa to Clemson, and 129 miles from Tampa to Gainesville Florida, and the gators is where I'm going to transfer to. The move for Jake would be understandable if he can't get over his home sickness. Just don't know what he will do if he gets drafted some where all the way across the United States, turn them down I guess, and tell them that he can only play for a Florida team so that he can be close to his mom,dad, and girl friend!!!;)

Why should he get a ring? He quit...

Mar 9, 2017, 7:29 PM [ in reply to Curious, did he get a natty ring?*** ]

on his team, mid-season, and all he could say is "Clemson wasn't for me." He's not a champion. He's not a Tiger. He is now, at best, a punching bag for the bama defense. That's if they make the SECCG. If not, he's just another player on a mediocre SEC east team.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never heard of her!***

Mar 9, 2017, 5:49 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo can be tuff on players but plenty of love too

Mar 9, 2017, 6:36 PM

We've seen a few game time instances when Dabo was very tuff on his players, e.g. uncalled fake punt last year, Frumorgen's false starts when he got benched. I guess Dabo thought Jake needed to wake up. I trust Dabo to know when his guy isn't 'all in' or needs extra discipline and would always defer to coach on that.

Some guys (like Boulware) are able to handle that and some aren't because low self confidence, etc. Seems that maybe Jake resented it and decided to move on. Maybe Jake needs to grow up a little but Good Luck to him.

Re: Dabo can be tuff on players but plenty of love too

Mar 9, 2017, 6:51 PM

Hopefully he's fully recovered from that bruised ######.

Lets face it.....

Mar 9, 2017, 7:16 PM

He was a big #### cry baby.....quitters never win and winners never guit....period!!!!!
He doesn't deserve a Natty ring....the privilege to receive and wear that ring belongs to the "true" Tigers that stuck it out regardless of how tough it got.
That's my opinion and if you agree or don't agree....well I could give a rats azzz less about that as well.....????????????

Godspeed young man. Best to you.***

Mar 9, 2017, 7:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Non story. He's gone. More concerned about the ones HERE

Mar 9, 2017, 7:25 PM

that are working hard whether they are walk-on practice squad or starters.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Mar 9, 2017, 7:29 PM

He couldn't tear himself away from at least wearing a bit of orange!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Headline scared me for a sec, thought Mitch was transfering

Mar 9, 2017, 7:30 PM

or something.

haha UF. Enjoy getting crushed by FSU. I hope he doesn't like the coaches too much because Bucky is only a few more beatdowns from getting run out of town. Jimbo wont lose to that goober.

Mar 9, 2017, 7:39 PM

This thread is depressing due to all the grumpy old men bitching about a 19 year old kid who decided Clemson wasn't for him. Sometimes it just doesn't work out. We have no clue what the reason is, but everyone here seems comfortable making up their own story. Some of you guys are pathetic.

Best of luck Jake.

Ok I'll just say what we all mean.....

Mar 9, 2017, 9:08 PM

Bye Jake good luck. You won't be missed, remembered, or forgiven in about 24-48 hours from now. So in closing if you got a ring (if you did I'm surprised) flash it around with Lamar Jackson and his trophy it would be about the same.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2017, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Former Clemson OL Jake Fruhmorgen chooses new school ]

Some of these "Grumpy old men" that pay thousands and thousands of dollars to Iptay each year, attend every home game, spending several hundred bucks each weekend while there, attend at least two away games a year and support numerous other Clemson activities.....so yes....we'll voice our opinions just as "devoutly" as you or anyone else......if this depressed you...talk to your "shrink".....????????????????

Mar 10, 2017, 11:58 AM

I really got a laugh out of that. And if you have worked hard all your life and have got it like that, you certainly have the right to voice your opinion as you wish. And I'm sure that if you are that invested with IPTAY and the university, your voice is just as valid as those of us that can't afford to invest at your level of investing. Just understand this, at my age if I had it like you, I'm sure that I would be as vested in Clemson as you bc I can't think of anything at my age better to invest in. But being poor don't make my love for Clemson any less than yours!!!!

I wish him well. I don't know what happened to make him

Mar 9, 2017, 8:39 PM

leave Clemson, but I know Dabo was very complimentary of Jake right up until he left, and that's good enough for me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Mar 9, 2017, 10:11 PM

Fruh gives a crap?

Good luck Jake at new school.***

Mar 9, 2017, 11:18 PM

Mar 10, 2017, 8:13 AM

Best wishes for the future JF. You are still young, despite your size. There are lessons to be learned in this change. Admit your mistakes...correct them. Graduate!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This may have been asked But...

Mar 10, 2017, 8:31 PM

Does Jake get a NC ring? He did leave in the middle of the season. Just askin'
for a friend. I am not trying bash him but is it fair to reward him when he bolted
on his teammates when going got tough. I am not sure there is a right or wrong answer
but I would like to know what the team thought about the situation.

Mar 10, 2017, 8:42 PM

His loss-our gain. He was a very highly thought of contributor with a national championship team. Now he will be with a team that is trying to be relevant, but probably still won't be. He hasn't chosen wisely. We have, though. We will be just fine without him. He won't be as well off at UF as he would have been at Clemson. Good luck, but good bye!

Replies: 62
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic