Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Brad Brownell: "We didn't show up once we got hit in the mouth"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

New Story: Brad Brownell: "We didn't show up once we got hit in the mouth"

Feb 6, 2017, 12:22 PM

Brad Brownell: "We didn't show up once we got hit in the mouth"

Brad Brownell compared his team’s performance Sunday against Florida St. to a boxer who steps into the ring, takes the first punch to the mouth and fails to put up much of a fight for the remainder of the contest. What does he say about his team's leadership? Photo by Melina Vastola / USATODAY
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BB says he's not worried about it, so I guess we're OK then.***

Feb 6, 2017, 12:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a feeling this will not end well***

Feb 6, 2017, 12:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

He just has no loyalty to his players and always blames them

Feb 6, 2017, 12:34 PM

for the losses. I wish that he would take more responsibility and take a bullet for his team and show them that he has their backs and try to build them up instead of tearing them down.

It does not surprise me that he would lose them given his eagerness to throw them under the bus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He just has no loyalty to his players and always blames them

Feb 6, 2017, 2:26 PM

Couldn't agree more! That post game interview still has me fired up!

How are players going to respond after throwing them

Feb 6, 2017, 12:35 PM

under the bus? I'm guessing it's not going to be well. I think he's got to be on the way out of the door...

Cue the gif of the dude eating popcorn***

Feb 6, 2017, 12:38 PM

Re: Cue the gif of the dude eating popcorn******

Feb 6, 2017, 12:39 PM

He said the dude not that pu$$y***

Feb 6, 2017, 7:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Folks this is a veteran basketball team.

Feb 6, 2017, 12:40 PM

Absolutely no excuse for a veteran team like this to fall apart at the seams. I could somewhat understand if it were freshmen and sophomores.

this is year 7 and coach says the team

Feb 6, 2017, 12:43 PM

didn't show up. Down by over 50 points. I'd have benched the regular rotation and put in all of the walking. It couldn't have been much worse and would have sent a message.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Walkons not walking. Grrrr***

Feb 6, 2017, 12:44 PM

Walking

Feb 6, 2017, 12:48 PM [ in reply to this is year 7 and coach says the team ]

Dead?

they were already on the court.***

Feb 6, 2017, 1:46 PM

reminds me of Jack and his no need to hit panic button***

Feb 6, 2017, 12:45 PM

No need to hit the panic button....

Feb 6, 2017, 12:48 PM

sorta remember that was one of George Armstrong Custer's last quotes...

Re: No need to hit the panic button....

Feb 6, 2017, 1:12 PM

I don't think Custer hit the panic button.....but he was wearing an Arrow shirt....

Ba-dum...

I'll be here all week folks...And don't forget to tip your waitress!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My thing is, if they're 'going off ###### ", what is he

Feb 6, 2017, 1:04 PM

doing about it? Unless it's so many players we wouldn't have anybody left to play, bench their a*# if they're not going to listen. It just sounds like he has no control.

Re: My thing is, if they're 'going off ###### ", what is he

Feb 6, 2017, 1:15 PM

They have stunk, still stink and will continue to stink for the foreseeable future. This sort of stuff has been going on with Clemson BB for, not years, but DECADES. Can you imagine how bad they would be had Blossingame gone pro? UUUUUGLy!

Re: My thing is, if they're 'going off ###### ", what is he

Feb 6, 2017, 1:36 PM [ in reply to My thing is, if they're 'going off ###### ", what is he ]

Brownell says no reason to worry, that everyone has a game or 2 like this every year....this guy is reminding me more and more of Red Parker when he lost the team in 75-76....I got a feeling that they will get off ###### one or 2 more times this year.... Leadership is a great quality but looks like the players and coachjes are very deficient in this area

Wow, sounds to me like brownlee just threw his team under

Feb 6, 2017, 1:12 PM

the bus and didn't take any of the responsibility for the loss.

The fact that he openly admits that guys are doing their own thing instead of listening to him and performing the game plan tells me all I need to know.

He's lost his team and he needs to be shown the exit as quickly as possible.

He's also lost what little bit of respect I had left for him by not shouldering any of the blame.

Nothing else to see here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

didnt know you knew so much about BBall!***

Feb 6, 2017, 1:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow, sounds to me like brownlee just threw his team under

Feb 6, 2017, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Wow, sounds to me like brownlee just threw his team under ]

I'm sorry, but he is not a good fit here at Clemson in MO! It's tough to watch this team play, even when they win games... it's just ugly? It'd be nice if we could get a coach who can recruit some consistent shooters to Clemson, my god! We need another Terrence Oglesby! For the record, I would not be against Dabo selecting our next basketball coach?

he's trying to motivate his players

Feb 6, 2017, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Wow, sounds to me like brownlee just threw his team under ]

You guys are clueless on how this works. Dabo does it all the time, albeit in a different manner. Good grief you act like a college player can't take some heat for performing bad.

Please, go back to your safe rooms and call Mommy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link to where I said they couldn't handle it?

Feb 6, 2017, 9:06 PM

The players absolutely deserve some heat. But at the end of the day it's solely on him to have his guys ready to play and put them in a position to win. He hasn't done that. Period.

And the fact that he openly admitted players are doing their own thing instead of listening to him tells me he's lost his guys. It's not like these guys are freshman who need to learn the ropes....These are veteran players on what should have been his best team to date.

Trust me I'm no participation trophy loving worthless millennial but after a 2nd lose like that in 5 games he needs to draw some ire and own up to it.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Maybe this is what he thinks his team needs right now

Feb 7, 2017, 1:10 PM

BB is a quality coach and man. He isn't going to make a comment like that in public without purpose. That is my point, he USED those comments KNOWING that he was challenging his guys.

If you want a new HC, go for it. I will not support getting rid of BB but if all Clemson wants him gone, I truly hope Clemson gets exactly what they deserve in the next basketball coach. And I mean exactly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why wouldn't you support getting rid of BB???

Feb 7, 2017, 1:39 PM

What has he done to earn the right to stay?

Everyone shoulders blame...

Feb 6, 2017, 1:17 PM

Everyone likes jumping on the coaches back on post's like these, and mind you there's plenty of blame to toss around. But ultimately it IS the PLAYERS!! They DON'T follow game plans, they put up terrible shots and they DON'T GET THE JOB DONE. Throwing them under the bus ??? They throw themselves under the bus! The coaches aren't out there playing. Been following Clemson basketball for most of my 52 years...and it's the same thing: RECRUITING. We get lucky once in awhile with a Blossomgame or McDaniel...and that's what it is, luck. For some reason we just can't land the guys I see playing at Top 25 programs. There's absolutely NO reason we should not have a program as strong as Baylor, UVa, West Virginia or FSU (using the current Top 25) Getting out recruited by WEST VIRGINIA just makes me mad. I think Brownell is great guy, but unfortunately, he hasn't gotten the job done. We deserve a better basketball program.

Yes but where coaching comes in to play is if they're not

Feb 6, 2017, 1:22 PM

going to do what there told them they don't play, unless like I said earlier and it's so many guys we just wouldn't have anybody left

Re: Everyone shoulders blame...

Feb 6, 2017, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Everyone shoulders blame... ]

WV has Bob Huggins. I think he could probably out recruit BB.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Everyone shoulders blame...

Feb 6, 2017, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Everyone shoulders blame... ]

Well said and my thoughts exactly. Brownell needs to go.

Re: New Story: Brad Brownell: "We didn't show up once we got hit in the mouth"

Feb 6, 2017, 1:44 PM

Rad, hit Brownell in the mouth with a termination! Time to move on! 2 largest margins of losing in his time here comes in his 7th season? Where is any progress? Nothing is exciting about Clemson Basketball... women or men. Oh wait... Littlejohn looks nice!

Feb 6, 2017, 1:46 PM

Rad, hit Brownell in the mouth with a termination! Time to move on! 2 largest margins of losing in his time here comes in his 7th season? Where is any progress? Nothing is exciting about Clemson Basketball... women or men. Oh wait... Littlejohn looks nice!

did he mention syracuse is a quick turn around***

Feb 6, 2017, 4:04 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No comprendo.

Feb 6, 2017, 5:33 PM

You can't get hit in the mouth if you don't show up.

They showed up, got hit in the mouth, and hit the deck like a manhole cover.

It just doesn't seem like BB can get a grip

Feb 6, 2017, 5:39 PM

on his teams when he needs to the most. At some point he has to look in the mirror and question what HE can do different.

Not ready to give up on this team

Feb 7, 2017, 3:38 AM

until they are really eliminated from tournament contention. I actually like this team quite a bit in several ways and I'm excited to get back to the tournament, so despite a couple flops i'm not too down on them.

I actually think we beat Syracuse tomorrow. Look, at 3-7 we're still projected to sneak into the tournament by most services. We're home-loaded at the back end of the schedule. Realistic scenarios I think at this point:

I think 9-9 gets us in without a problem. I think it's a monumental challenge to get there, but it requires holding serve at home and stealing a road win against Duke, Miami, or VT. More likely we end up 8-10. I really think we get in at 19-13. 18-13 could even be enough, but that's a much tighter squeeze.

Thoughts?

Re: Not ready to give up on this team

Feb 7, 2017, 4:26 AM

This team will not win 3 more games.
They will beat BC, Wake and maybe NCST

Feb 7, 2017, 9:52 AM

Who recruited our two and three stars who are outmatched in the ACC ?

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic