Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Roy Martin: Clemson - USC Preview
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 777

Nov 18, 2005, 10:51 AM

Roy Martin breaks down the USC game and makes his prediction on the winner. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Roy Martin: Clemson - USC Preview

Nov 18, 2005, 11:35 AM

Amen brother man! Come on with it and talk about it. However, I wouldn't totally buy into the fact that we run away with it in the second half. Spurrier is too good of a ball coach to not make good adjustments at half. Also, you must remember, the 2nd half is where the coots have won 4 of their last 5 games, also against teams with a lot more depth than they have. In the end we still come away with a victory...if the coaches play to win and do not try and preserve a lead but attempt to broaden a lead... Clemson leave Columbia elated once again after taking this one 34-27

Using an encylopedia and a dictionary...

Nov 18, 2005, 12:49 PM

Uh, Roy...

Lou was brought in when the Coots were in the midst of an 11 game losing streak. And when he came in, he continued to lose.

Oh, and hemorrhage means this:
# To bleed copiously.
# To undergo a rapid and sudden loss

I agree with the rest of your article.

and did you decide to use chess match or street fight, b/c

Nov 18, 2005, 1:04 PM

you forgot to delete one or the other...

I would consider your writing very thoughtful if it weren't for the little mistakes that distract my attention. Suggestion: just have one person read it, hell, I'll read it for you if you ask.

That said, thanks for contributing to Tigernet.

“The best moment was on draft day when (N.C. State’s Mario Williams, Manny Lawson and John McCargo) all got picked in the first round,” said Dustin Fry. “That was kind of nice knowing we ran for 254 yards against three first-round defensive linemen.”

Wrong...

Nov 18, 2005, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Using an encylopedia and a dictionary... ]

The coots were in the midst of a 21 game losing streak. They were currently on a 10 game losing streak when Lou was hired.

reread the sentence and tell me what you think it means

Nov 18, 2005, 5:56 PM

"Lou Holtz was hired in the winter of 1998 to revive a program that was in the throes of a 21-game losing streak. "
He was hired during the thoes of a 10 game losing streak which continued after his hiring. The implication of the original sentence was that he came to fix a team that had lost 21 in a row.

The sentence, and the article, could've used an editor...

Kinda like you mispelling "throes"***

Nov 19, 2005, 3:12 AM

Chuck Norris frequently signs up for beginner karate classes, just so he can "accidentally" beat the s*it out of little kids.

ummm coby

Nov 19, 2005, 8:48 AM

Throes is the correct spelling. wow. And you're in college?

nice try, Mr. Brain... use a dictionary much?***

Nov 19, 2005, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Kinda like you mispelling "throes"*** ]

Haha 31-17 has been my EXACT prediction the whole time ******

Nov 18, 2005, 4:12 PM

Nov 19, 2005, 9:45 AM

I can live with that roy, and i'll be sure too pull hard at the game.

Nov 19, 2005, 9:48 AM

Besides the fact that I see the game in a similar manner I think you have done a very good assessment. Clemson Depth and superior atheletes vs opportunistic Carolina Team.
Some excellent match ups in Rice Vs Kelly and seeing how Tremaine Billie Plays vs the lost and forgotten Demetrius Summers. Agree totally this is ACC Speed vs SEC bulk and we see the new under Clemson program under Tommy Bowden dominate. The Team can not have a Ga Tech melt down. They have to play together. They have to keep there mind on business. I read quickly and saw your mention of Reggie but missed James Davis and not to forget little Kyle Browning that always seems to have Carolina's number. Look for Davis to have a big day and Browning to score. I think Charlie plays enough to get the win and we will see Will Proctor for at lease a quarter and he puts up 10 to 14 points. I do not see us holding Spurrier under 20 points and I see Rice with at least 1 TD and one blocked point. Kelly or BaHam should get a couple of deep threats and Tye Hill gets a pick and can miminimze the Rice threat. Lastly I have Clemson scoring in the 30s but we have to wear down the Carolina Bend and don't break defense. This can be done if we eliminate turnovers. Look for USC to attack Davis cast.
Clemson 34 Carolina 21 in the South Carolina Love Vest - Be careful to wipe your hands to avoid bird flu

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

Replies: 11
| visibility 777
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic