Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: NC State Review
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: NC State Review

Oct 17, 2016, 10:37 AM

NC State Review

N.C. State Review
I am still asking myself how in the world Clemson won that football game Saturday? I know the final score was Clemson 24 NC State 17, but I am not sure how that worked out. In many ways, it didn't feel like a win, but we will take it and eight more just like it.

N.C.

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: NC State Review

Oct 17, 2016, 11:25 AM

Mickey, I watched the game Saturday and cheered another Clemson victory yet I'm very concerned about the discipline of my Tigers. We survived yet another turnover plagued game and part of me wonders if that is not starting to work its way into the mentality of this team where they may become complacent about carelessness with the ball. I honestly believe the talent is there to blow everyone out of the water yet they seem to make some careless mistakes with the ball. What do you think?

We are 2014 FSU***

Oct 17, 2016, 12:27 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are many much worse things to be compared to ...

Oct 20, 2016, 1:36 PM

... and maybe, just maybe we're actually more like 2010 Auburn.

Re: Plyler's Blog: NC State Review

Oct 17, 2016, 1:32 PM

Disagree with your assessment of this game. The offense rolled up almost 500 yds of offense albeit 378 of that was passing. Watson was on with his passing game and when you loose your starting RB, well, that has an affect. I don't think it was the blocking of our OL that was the issue but rather the timing of the backups finding and hitting the holes. Take away the turnovers and Gallman's injury and this game would have been a blowout. If they fix the turnover issue the FSU game will be fun to watch.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

on the bright side

Oct 17, 2016, 2:07 PM

Defense only gave up 10 ??

Re: on the bright side

Oct 17, 2016, 4:27 PM

Tired legs. I thought it looked like tired legs on both sides of the ball - especially the d-line. Hopefully, the week off will fix that.

Teasdall

Oct 20, 2016, 10:39 PM

NM

It really boils down to a few things

Oct 18, 2016, 9:00 AM

When fighting for yards, tuck the ball tighter.

Jumbo package will work even if they know it's coming.

Boulware is not great in man coverage, and OC's are figuring out when we are blitzing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the RBs did mostly fine..

Oct 18, 2016, 1:20 PM

except Dye's fumble. I give NC State much credit for bringing a great effort. They should've won. I re-watched a couple times. Choice follows and sets up blocks nicely. Fuller is secure and takes a good initial cut. Both are secure. Dye disappointed. He looks so good at times but has to secure the ball. I have to believe coaches didn't trust Feaster with protection.

I really like Choice as #2 back. Everyone seems to have their favorite. Fuller went up for me after this game to #3. He was good all-around. NC State played very good run D. Dye and Feaster are tied at 4th string for me.

Gallman is clear number #1 but his running style is catching up with him. He's wildly violent. I really should not blame the victim of a helmet spear, but he definitely saw him coming. He gotta dodge that fool! Like I said, it is pointless tough to criticize from the stands. I hope he is OK; I hate the thought of him accumulating concussions. He's got his whole life ahead and he's gonna need that brain.

The O-line is going to need to get after it; All starters and subs are on alert. The offensive coaches are looking for improvement.

Agree. Our narrative is that without the turnovers the

Oct 18, 2016, 4:03 PM

score would not have been that close - I think that is true of the UL game but not necessarily of this one - but what we know happened is that they were more aggressive than we were. I'm not down on the team or on anybody, and we are in a great run, but the story of the game is that they took it to us and we escaped.

It does seem that after Gallman the remaining backs basically hit the assigned hole and take what is there, and right now that is not much. Is Feaster really that much further behind?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree. Our narrative is that without the turnovers the

Oct 25, 2016, 6:00 PM

My 2 cents worth - first 3 games esp. 2 & 3 think wee were guilty of spending too much time basking in last year's success. Then Louisville was a better team than we expected. NC State almost always plays us tough and we just might have been looking ahead a little..then we lose Wayne..
We are wearing the defense out by having short drives and turnovers. I wish I had an answer for them but I don't.
We have got to have someone we can count on to handle punts, period. Doesn't matter if he has potential to take it to the house if he can't catch it. I think Ray-Ray is trying to sneak a look before the ball gets to him and he is losing it.
Feaster- there is a reason or reasons that he doesn't get carries. No matter what we think, what the coaches see in practice Determines who plays and how much unless game is out of reach.
Watson seems to have lost some of his touch on deep balls. He overthrows too many. My guess is he hasn't compensated for the extra muscle he's put on, but it's just a guess. The pick 6 just shows he is human after all.Happens to the best of them. We need a leader on the o-line to get after them like Mclean did last year. Our senior center needs to take charge.

Again, my 2 cents worth and that's probably overpriced. We better bring our A+ game Saturday. Wish the semi-holes had played this past week, but they will be rested too.

Things could be worse, we could be coot fans!

Wait, 1988 or 2016 NCSt review, I hear they're 1 in the same***

Oct 18, 2016, 4:06 PM

CAN WE ADD MACKEY TO THE PRAYER LIST?

Oct 27, 2016, 3:20 PM

EYE DON'T THINK HE'S COMIN BACK.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic