Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't care who you are...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 69
| visibility 1

I don't care who you are...

Aug 27, 2016, 11:00 AM

If this was my team, you'd never wear my uniform again. And it wasn't even his first time doing it.

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/8/27/12669890/colin-kaepernick-49ers-nfl-national-anthem-seated

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't care who you are...

Aug 27, 2016, 11:13 AM

If he won't honor this county, he can leave for all I care. This is not a utopian society, but watch the news and find much worse. If I were a 49ers fan, I would want him gone.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thats what I wonder

Aug 27, 2016, 4:05 PM

what country in the world has better race relations with a sizable minatory than the USA? All you have to do is do a tiny bit of research and see that other countries handle minority populations much much worse.

Bay City politicians will throw him a confetti parade...

Aug 27, 2016, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't care who you are... ]

...and give him amnesty.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

He is an AZZhole....he should leave the USA then. Unreal

Aug 27, 2016, 11:16 AM

He sure does not mind cashing his paycheck every week!

What a disgrace

Aug 27, 2016, 11:18 AM

I hope he fails reaching any of his goals in life.

Re: What a disgrace

Aug 27, 2016, 3:43 PM

IMO, it's a disgrace to trivialize our flag and anthem by its use at sporting events.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What a disgrace

Aug 27, 2016, 3:47 PM

Care to elaborate?

You mean events where thousands of free

Aug 27, 2016, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: What a disgrace ]

people in America can celebrate their freedoms and liberties while being entertained and supporting their community and team?
Yeah, sounds trivial to me...

I'll help him elaborate....

Aug 28, 2016, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Re: What a disgrace ]

I don't see the necessity to link football and jingoistic support for military, nationalism, etc.

It is pretty hypocritical for college/nfl football fans attending games, who by and large are far whiter and wealthier than the average American, to criticize a black player who most likely didn't grow up with the advantages of the 80,000 people sitting in the stands for having a different perspective when it comes to politics.

If "love it or leave it" is the end of your thought process, maybe you ought to do a little more reading and thinking.

Deshaun Watson could wipe his butt with little American flags every day and I'd still want him to win the Heisman and lead us to the playoffs again.

Re: I'll help him elaborate....

Aug 28, 2016, 9:20 AM

^this guy gets it.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is about more than football

Aug 28, 2016, 9:38 AM [ in reply to I'll help him elaborate.... ]

If this guy were born in Afghanistan he would never have had the opportunity to be playing football, driving a Porche and screwing models. Stand up and show some appreciation for the blessings that this nation has given you and the men that died to make it possible. Anything less than that shows exactly how ignorant, classless and selfish your rotten soul is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is about more than football

Aug 28, 2016, 10:37 AM

No, it isn't about more than football. If you want to celebrate our military's accomplishments, then go to an air show or a parade or a museum or a battlefield park.

I go to a football game to watch football and have a good time. The 84,000 people in Death Valley have Clemson football in common. We do not all have our politics in common. Nor do we all have love of the military in common. Believe it or not, we could have a perfectly good football game without a national anthem, flags, prayers, color guards, and jet flybys.

It isn't America's military victories that have made it a great nation. Have our military failures in Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, Nicaragua, Cuba, Korea, Canada, Libya, Syria, Lebanon, and Somalia made us a sorry nation?

I'd also argue that our two vast oceans and our two peaceful, weak neighbors have also had a lot to do with preserving our nations's freedoms (this despite us having invaded and conquered/attempted to conquer said peaceful, weak neighbors). Why don't we have Vast Oceanic Barriers plus Canada and Mexico Suck at War Appreciation Day along with Military Appreciation Day?

Re: This is about more than football

Aug 28, 2016, 1:41 PM

The games would not be the same without the Anthem being played, the flag saluted, the prayers etc. The Anthem reminds us we are all Americans and the Prayer humbly reminds us we are all Gods children. Without that we are enimies and would act like heathens. We differ ideologically that's for sure, your side of America sees no merit to values and I place a great emphasis on them. Without values we are lost.

Even if he isn't patriotic, he should have been a...

Aug 27, 2016, 11:19 AM

professional and done it. It's insulting to most fans.

I called him Knucklehead since day one

Aug 27, 2016, 11:29 AM

proof came our in the end. He'll be deep-fryin' chicken for a living, eventually.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: I called him Knucklehead since day one

Aug 29, 2016, 9:09 AM

That's not blatantly racist at all...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To each his own***

Aug 27, 2016, 11:33 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To each his own***

Aug 27, 2016, 11:45 AM

You post the same crap on two different threads?? Who / what are you? I don't care what his message is. It's foolishly ill-timed and disrespectful. Shame on you and Collin then, if what you think he did is "cool" for any American to do because of the liberties that we are afforded, (let alone one in his position).

May he break each leg in the first game***

Aug 27, 2016, 11:49 AM

Aug 27, 2016, 11:48 AM [ in reply to To each his own*** ]

Maybe he should spend more time learning his job. He hasn't been very good for several years now. This gives me a real reason to pull against him now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bull ####. If he doesn't love and respect the country that

Aug 27, 2016, 2:31 PM [ in reply to To each his own*** ]

gave him everything he has, then get the heck out.

Re: Bull ####. If he doesn't love and respect the country that

Aug 27, 2016, 2:35 PM

Popular at parties, are ya?

Mindless patriotism. The greatness of America is it's people, not it's institutions.

Freedom to speak or not to speak is still freedom. The problem with mindless patriotism is that it blemishes the very freedoms that it claims to honor.

The idea that our country is better than all other countries is propaganda.

There is a difference between loving the American people and being a sheep.

with all due respect Felix, and I understand where you're

Aug 27, 2016, 3:46 PM

coming from... there is great irony in your words as well. You seem to be saying that he is free to speak his mind and express his opinion... no matter how controversial...in a very public way, for millions of people to see... but we all need to just shut up, and not express our opinion that we strongly disagree with him.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

I've used this example many times on the topic of "free speech". Yes, you are absolutely free to get up in a company meeting and tell a racist joke or comment on how blazing hot the new receptionist is. Yes, you have that right. No one will try to stop you, and you won't be thrown in jail. You do have that freedom.

But you will also lose your job before the day is done. Not because your "right to free speech" was violated, but because you are not protected from the fallout. So, always speak wisely, and consider both the audience and the ramifications of your "free speech". This really isn't rocket surgery, seems like common sense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

so the "mindless patriots" and the politically correct

Aug 27, 2016, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Bull ####. If he doesn't love and respect the country that ]

Police Are one in the same or do they just want to silence the other? You seem to be a liberal but unaware that your fellow constituents are doing just what you are against. Silencing free speech.

I for one could care less what Kaperknik does. However, for action has a reaction. He will have to deal with the folks that don't approve of his actions.

He is perpetrating a myth that does not exist

Aug 27, 2016, 8:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Bull ####. If he doesn't love and respect the country that ]

He was abandoned by a black father, raised by white parents in affluence, and is a millionaire living in a free country. He has been given everything in a country that protects his rights to speak ignorance about it. He condones violence against police officers, and thinks of himself as oppressed. Sure, he has the right to say what he wants, but I also have the right to call him what he is: a ####### disgrace!

Re: Bull ####. If he doesn't love and respect the country that

Aug 28, 2016, 12:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Bull ####. If he doesn't love and respect the country that ]

> Popular at parties, are ya?
>
> Mindless patriotism. The greatness of America is
> it's people, not it's institutions.
>
> Freedom to speak or not to speak is still freedom.
> The problem with mindless patriotism is that it
> t blemishes the very freedoms that it claims to
> honor.
>
> The idea that our country is better than all other
> countries is propaganda.
>
> There is a difference between loving the American
> people and being a sheep.

There's also a difference between respecting the 58,195 names on the Vietnam Wall and completely spitting in all of their faces. You, and Kaepernick, are here and free because of them. Along with millions of others. Have some respect.

Aug 27, 2016, 2:52 PM [ in reply to To each his own*** ]

Respectable comment 864. If I could TU, I'll give you one.

The rest of these negative comments tho? And y'all wonder why he didn't stand up lol. Get y'all heads out your asz and quit acting like black oppression wasn't/isn't real. Once you realize and open your eyes America will become a better place. Until then we're gonna be divided.

CT93:

Aug 28, 2016, 1:16 PM

Colon Num-nutzduck may have done more to begin unifying us than he realizes. I have seen both sides note how utterly stupid his reasoning was, and this may have created a common ground for us all.

Dude averages $19 MILLION/year...

Aug 27, 2016, 11:58 AM

...I wish I was so oppressed!!

Pretty prevalent behavior in today's society, do or say ....

Aug 27, 2016, 12:00 PM

things to #### off others as if that in some way enhances your position.

Disrespecting the flag and national anthem is a throwback to the '60's protest movement. Seems history goes round and round with the same results. Ironic that the country whose flag and anthem are being intentially disrespected provides the freedom to do so.

Polarizing behavior and dialogue seldom bring constructive change. Any forum Colin had has been diminished

All that and he sucks as a fantasy QB.

Yeah....he has a right to do that, but he is still a moron

Aug 27, 2016, 12:01 PM

(sorry for the mis-spelling) for not honoring our flag which stands for a country and principles that have a system in place to correct injustices to our citizens. If he is looking for a country that has zero individuals that are not prejudice against people of color, national origin, or religion then good luck finding one!

who? LOL sorry dude, your 15 mins are long gone...***

Aug 27, 2016, 12:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw him and the 49ers***

Aug 27, 2016, 1:36 PM

The irony in this thread is breathtaking.

Aug 27, 2016, 2:28 PM

Condemning someone for not being patriotic enough in a "free country".

Geez

Do you dare to condemn those condeming

Aug 27, 2016, 3:49 PM

in a free country!? The ironic irony is breathtakingly breathtaking!

Re: The irony in this thread is breathtaking.

Aug 27, 2016, 8:11 PM [ in reply to The irony in this thread is breathtaking. ]

Say what u like but that's too much. People may have died for his freedom to chose but someone needs to put him in his place. That's over the top. He didn't win any respect doing that. Not a drop.

^^^^LIBTARD^^^^

Aug 27, 2016, 8:24 PM [ in reply to The irony in this thread is breathtaking. ]

If Kappernick's mindless rhetoric would have been speaking against radical Muslims, Felix would condemn him for that, but since it is just lies that separate Americans, then it is ok.

It is in the Libtard manual.

Re: ^^^^LIBTARD^^^^

Aug 29, 2016, 9:12 AM

Learn the difference between being critical and condemning.

Why always so outraged, TNET?

Aug 29, 2016, 12:03 AM [ in reply to The irony in this thread is breathtaking. ]

The majority of Americans just don't care about the adolescent 'political' actions and opinions of a 28yr old pissant.
He isn't influential in any meaningful way.
I think the outcry exceeds the event here, but that's just me.

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Amen! If you don't want honor or national anthem then he can you play football in

Aug 27, 2016, 2:33 PM

another country. What a jerk!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2016, 2:34 PM

This society that he can't stand so much is paying him millions to throw a d@mn ball around... d!psh!t.

Aug 27, 2016, 2:37 PM

> This society that he can't stand so much is paying
> him millions to throw a d@mn ball around... d!psh!t.

This society isn't paying him ####. Try to see the big picture. Our people didn't fight and die for a free county only to have that very freedom denied to those who don't agree with your idea of patriotism. People like you shame America.

Let me give you an example. Gabby Douglas won a gold medal for us in the Olympics. In the excitement of the medal ceremony this 20 year old forgot to put her hand over her heart. Because of that silly, mindless thugs like you butchered her over the internet.

Thank God you don't represent America and what it stands for. I don't think you even understand what it stands for.

Message was edited by: Felix2®

Aug 27, 2016, 2:48 PM

??

He is a "has been" QB. No story here, just a clown.***

Aug 27, 2016, 2:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

that dude wouldn't wear my uniform

Aug 27, 2016, 3:13 PM

Because he sucks ###. Nevermind that's a chump move. He has a right to his opinion but I wasn't aware the national anthem represented police brutality. This punk is taking something that represents the good ideals of this nation and is twisting for his own agenda. F this no good loser QB

Aug 27, 2016, 3:16 PM

I'm glad he done it. No black person should pledge allegiance to that flag.

Aug 27, 2016, 3:19 PM

> I'm glad he done it. No black person should pledge
> allegiance to that flag.

Even Obama?

I kind of like the leader of America to be into America. I'm glad he agrees.

"You glad he done it"

Aug 27, 2016, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't care who you are... ]

Educated fella are ya?

Yea, next please....

Give me a break Kap! You should be cut immediately!!

Aug 27, 2016, 3:20 PM

He is a dynamic athlete, but a complete joke of a player and an even bigger joke of a person and makes way too much money to be a washed up backup QB. I firmly believe he doesn't have any problems with being oppressed and race issues and that he's only doing this to draw attention to himself because he's basically done as a player and he wants the spotlight! He is biracial, was raised by white parents and has white siblings. But now all of a sudden he's being oppressed and hates his countrys flag and national anthem! Please save the 49ers a lot of money and just leave the Good Ole USA since you have it so bad here!!! GOD Bless Clemson, GOD Bless the USA and GOD Bless us all!!!

Re: Give me a break Kap! You should be cut immediately!!

Aug 27, 2016, 3:33 PM

I disagree that he should be cut...but considering that the NFL is a fan-driven game, and he did just make himself radioactive to a bunch of fans with this move, it wasn't a smart decision.

Go ahead, Colin. Take an adversarial stand that alienates most of the people who pay big bucks for your salary. The working-class joes propping you up are really going to be sympathetic to the notion that a kinda-black dude (he's what, 25% black or some such...whatever, he's a lot whiter than he is black) who was raised by white parents and earns $19 million a year feels racially oppressed. To the point that he hates America.

Okay, Colin. Not feeling loved? Not feeling like the fans are embracing you?

Shocker.

But yes, Colin lives in a free country. He should not be fired. He should not be jailed. He should not be subjected to legal or government-initiated harassment. And he has every right to walk down the street without fear of his life or safety.

On the other hand, because it's a free country, the fans are free to hate him too...and it is going to be very hard to win the fan base when at least half of them are lustily raining down boos every snap, which is what's about to happen.

The 49ers brass and locker room has to be doing a collective facepalm here. Some guys are just dumb.

thank you, my good man quozzel... perfectly said***

Aug 27, 2016, 3:55 PM

Re: Give me a break Kap! You should be cut immediately!!

Aug 27, 2016, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Give me a break Kap! You should be cut immediately!! ]

Well put Quozzel. But I would only offer this. Like most fans, if he starts taking the 49ers to the Super Bowl? Those fans won't care if his middle name is Hussein and he wears girls underwear.

They'll love him.

If Kap wears girly stuff and looks like

Aug 28, 2016, 1:20 PM

Hussein and the 49'er fans root for him......

That's California for ya'.

Kapernick is a Filthy Bag of Scheize

Aug 27, 2016, 3:46 PM

I wouldn't say this about any other players, but I would laugh heartily if he got Theismanned and was carted off on the meat wagon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I support free speech AND I support the right of opposing

Aug 27, 2016, 4:14 PM

defenses to light his ### UP.

Guaran-dayum-tee you if Ben B. were pro-ing he'd do some headhunting on this sumbish.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2016, 4:28 PM

Maybe Mr. Kaepernick's personal protest would seem a little more heartfelt if he also declined his overpaid salary, which is U.S. currency.
What a ######.

He was never any good anyway!

Aug 27, 2016, 4:49 PM

nm

Aug 27, 2016, 6:56 PM

Let's hope that someone hacks his financial accounts and cleans him out. And then no team allow him on their roster. Then McDonald's won't hire him to be the fry cook. I want to laugh in his face some day. Maybe he will understand oppression better when we parachute his ### over some deserted island. We'll drop him a flag (with the one-finger-salute on it) that he can call his own.

Aug 27, 2016, 8:07 PM

I agree. He should get canned and his reasoning was stupid and small minded. I hope he pays for his decision dearly.

Coots agree

Aug 27, 2016, 11:11 PM

242 posts on same subject. Their posts are on football forum.

Kaepernick is only half black

Aug 27, 2016, 11:57 PM

Shouldn't he just take a knee instead of sitting down?

Aug 28, 2016, 1:07 AM

You opinions aren't very American. He should have the, what do you call it? Ummm, free... Freedom! That's it's it freedom. He should have the freedom to choose not to have to stand during song, patriotic of otherwise. Too bad he doesn't live in like America or something...

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2016, 7:01 AM

You all are right that this is the USA and that we have freedom here.

However, I have the freedom to wish he would just get the ell out of this country.

To me, this is spitting on the graves of everyone who helped to build and defend this country.

Things are not perfect...but his so called protest does not do anything to help improve the situation. Him being in the spotlight allows him to be an example and to do things to help unify this county. He chooses to do the exact opposite.

Aug 28, 2016, 8:14 AM

He didn't divide America. America has been divided since its inception.

Aug 28, 2016, 10:08 AM

I did not say he divided America. I said he could be part of the solution. Not simply add to the problem.

Go Tigers!!! Beat Auburn!!! Suck it, Coots!!!***

Aug 28, 2016, 11:30 PM

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Aug 29, 2016, 7:47 AM

Really Great idea Colin. If you truly believe this, take some of those millions that you are being paid for playing a game(poorly of late) and set up a charity defense fund for those people that you say are oppressed and put your money where your mouth is like Jim Brown and Muhammed Ali did. Make a stand that costs you huge amounts of money and walk away from your career in your prime to prove your beliefs. Then I will respect your protests. Until then, you are just a privileged, spoiled brat. My two cents.

I think he is just too d@mned lazy to stand up, and

Aug 29, 2016, 11:07 AM

this is a convenient excuse not to.

Aug 29, 2016, 12:05 PM

This is a seriously misguided individual. He needs some perspective that reaches beyond the nose on his face. Smh

Replies: 69
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic