Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

Aug 12, 2016, 9:36 AM

Friday Email Bag

Friday Email Bag
Each Friday I publish your comments and answer your questions. To submit a comment or questions, please email me at mickeyplyler@hotmail.com.

Mickey,

The best way to predict future performance for Clemson football is their past performance. Clemson generally

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good grief...Clemson "struggled' with NCSt, Syr & usuck.....

Aug 12, 2016, 9:58 AM

chickenfans can't disguise themselves any better than their lame-azz football team plays. It just destroyed them that the Tigers went undefeated in the regular season and were ranked number1 in the country for a couple of months, blasted Okla in the bowl game and they finally breathed a sigh of relief when their 'Bama won by 5 in the national championship game......and for months now....Clemson has been picked by many as the #1 team pre-season and certainly an odds-on favorite to make the play-offs again......there are so many Clemson players named to pre-season watch lists that you need a software application to keep tabs.

Meanwhile, back at the roach, chickenfans are debating whether they'll win enough games to go to a bowl against a weak SEC schedule (when Ky beats the chickens again this year---how many times in a row will that be???) and watching with horror as their rival just a hundred plus miles up the road has turned into one of the top programs in America---regardless of conference affiliation.

Good luck trying to achieve 4-8 chickens....an improvement of one game over last season ONLY because the chickens don't have to face El Cid!!

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

Aug 12, 2016, 10:55 AM

Point # 1. All teams struggle on the road unless they are a dominate team. Clemson was not dominate last year until the Notre Dame game, I think that game gave the team a confidence and a swagger that it lost when Mike Williams went down in the 1st game of the season. Even a dominate team might not beat a spread on the road when the home team is giving it everything they have and the dominate team is trying to rest some of their players who are dinged up.

Point # 2. We do not have any idea how good Auburn is. We do not know how good our defense is. I think we will beat Auburn, but I do not assume a double digit win nor do I expect it. Auburn is one of the 2 teams on our schedule that has recruited as good as we do or better over the last 5 years and we should respect the talent on the field. Neither of the teams on the field is the same as last year. I hope we are better on Offense and as good on Defense. I expect Auburn to be better on defense and offense than last year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

Aug 12, 2016, 11:04 AM

as to #2 we also do not know how good we will be. each season is a new deal

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think cautious optimism is wise when facing a road game

Aug 13, 2016, 1:23 PM

against an opponent that we haven't beaten in their place since 1950.

We have the superior team and we certainly should win.

In fact, we should win handily ... but, it's nothing we can just take for granted.

This is a huge opportunity for Clemson to do something we haven't done in over half a century.

Winning this game by any score will be fine with me. Winning it by a big score will help further cement the growing national credibility Clemson football is beginning to enjoy.

I suppose it may be worth noting that the last time we did win a game at Auburn, we beat them 41-0 ... so ...

Go Tigers ... whip those War Eagles!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic