Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

Apr 22, 2016, 9:20 AM

Friday Email Bag

Friday Email Bag
Each Friday I publish your comments and answer your questions. To submit a comment or questions, please email me at mickeyplyler@hotmail.com.

Mickey,

I just finished reading "From the desk of
flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

Apr 22, 2016, 1:20 PM

I think the proposal to charge the students for lower deck and hill tickets sucks. I think seniors should have priority to get tickets in the current student section not just those who can afford another $200.

Re: Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

Apr 24, 2016, 11:11 PM

Competing at the highest level against more well funded opponents is a challenge for schools like Clemson. Revenue is revenue, but we need to hold on to as many traditions as possible. Free student tickets is lower on the list of traditions to me. My proposal to the AD was the following:

-Hill remains GA, first come first serve for FREE
-Lower Deck "Block Seating" goes to student groups (FCA, Greeks, etc...) who will pay for their block seats.
-Combination of Points & Cash to get lower deck tickets. The more events you attend as a student, the more points you get. By the time you are a senior, you go to the games for free in the lower deck. This is for the lower deck only. Upper deck is Free for any student, any year.

If too much whining ensues, then the AD can opt for a "football ticket charge" to every student, but lower the cost of the charge to =$2M.

Upon arriving in Clemson in 1991, I never expected free tickets, but was pleasantly surprised they were free for any event. I thought our "activity fee" covered the tickets. 25 years later, I now know that the AD gets none of the "Activity Fee" from the University.

If Clemson wants to continue to be 10+ wins per year, we need to find the cash to keep up with other, wealthier schools. If we want to revert to 7 wins with an occasional 9 wins seasons, then lets not invest.

The Alumni are investing. How about the Students? What will you invest?

OT

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic