Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Spring Game Observations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,655

Plyler's Blog: Spring Game Observations

Apr 11, 2016, 9:30 AM

Spring Game Observations

Spring Game Observations
Other than the extreme windy conditions and the back-up place kicker, Saturday couldn't have gone much better.

Maybe the most impressive thing I noticed Saturday was the record crowd. Some schools don't draw 50,500 for a regular season game. At Clemson, we jam

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am surprised that you were impressed with K Bryant...

Apr 11, 2016, 9:34 AM

Impressed seems a little strong.

Re: I am surprised that you were impressed with K Bryant...

Apr 11, 2016, 10:25 AM

I was impressed by how much Bryant has progressed since last season. Is he ready to lead us to a title? No, but he's much better than the last time we saw him. Still gotta work on his accuracy and decision making over the summer. Also his deep balls seem to float a little too much, but he's progressing nicely.

Valid, points. That said,....

Apr 11, 2016, 11:15 AM

I was very disappointed in his lack of passing ability. We are stockpiling the best WR's in the nation. He won't be able to utilize our strengths as of now. He may get way better, but right now he isn't the type of player that could lead us to an amazing season. My expectations for our offense vs quality teams next year wouldn't be too high for me if he was our QB and his passing wasn't vastly improved. He will run all over weak talent, but vs quality fast D's he won't do much. It would be similar to when Woody Dantzler went up against FSU and we were basically shutdown. I guess I am getting greedy and I want us to be a playoff contender every year. I know we will have another great one between Brice, Hunter, and Cooper, but I was just hoping that Bryant would be ready for 2017. I don't see it. Just being honest.

Re: I am surprised that you were impressed with K Bryant...

Apr 11, 2016, 10:49 AM [ in reply to I am surprised that you were impressed with K Bryant... ]

KB was definitely hindered by the touch rule on the QBs. When you tell a mobile QB he can't be mobile, he's going to not play as well.

I thought all 4 backup QBs looks decent, but not great. There were lots of passes that seemed to float, but I think this was more due to the wind. Israel has a much better day if Thompson catches those that went through his hands.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was impressed with Barnes..

Apr 11, 2016, 12:24 PM [ in reply to I am surprised that you were impressed with K Bryant... ]

I thought he was the best QB in the short passing game, his long balls were weak. Not impressed with Israel nor Bryant in the passing game.

Agree - "impressed" seems over the top!***

Apr 11, 2016, 3:14 PM [ in reply to I am surprised that you were impressed with K Bryant... ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tanner Muse blew his coverage on Trevion

Apr 11, 2016, 10:23 AM

on one play where I watched him. Trevion ran right past Muse and Muse did not pursue until Trevion was 5 yds past. Pass went to Trevion and woulda been a TD if not underthrown.

My own observations/opinions

Apr 11, 2016, 4:33 PM

1. The O-Line constantly got a good surge against by most accounts the nation's best interior line. This is very encouraging
2. IMHO right now there is separation between Choice and CJ and Dye. CJ looked to be carrying too much weight and did not have the burst that Choice and even Dye seemed to show. Dabo says CJ is the best in pass protection so this may keep him in the mix. If not, is it time to look at a move to Safety??
3. There is still time but right now I would say that Kelly Bryant is a major concern for our staff. He is just not ready to lead a team and do everything we need in this offense. In the horrific event of an injury I see Scheussler as the stop gap with Tucker eventually taking over. If there is no improvement this year is it time to look at a move to WR?? 2017 is probably a 3 horse battle between Cooper, Brice, and Hunter Johnson.
4. Jordan Legget is going to have a monster year. With Williams Cain and Ray Ray stretching the field vertically and Renfrow, Trevion, and Williams threatening the boundary and deeper intermediate there is just nobody left to cover J.L.
5.Our backup Kicker who is on full scholarship is a wasted scholarship. Hats off to Dabo and staff for honoring the young man's commitment, but a lot of schools would have suggested to this young man that he move on.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,655
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic