Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Smith and Fields show
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,781

Smith and Fields show

Mar 3, 2016, 8:35 PM

Next years DB core is a big gray area headed into 2016. I can see these two reserves upping their game and playing a big part in taking us to Tampa. Fields has electric speed and comes from a lineage of knock out hitters. Smith played w a vengeance in extended playing time against Miami and showed moments of brilliance. Hope these Charlotteans help bring back the no fly zone.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fields will either remind

Mar 4, 2016, 12:21 AM

Us of alexander by the time hes got some experience. Hes def extremely aggressive and emotional player. Anyone else see him flip on dabo after a penalty during acccg? He bold for a freshman

He's got the speed to be as dominant as

Mar 4, 2016, 2:10 AM

Mackenzie was. It's important IMO for a DB, and even more so for a CB, to believe he's better than anyone he guards. Great coaching will go a long way in developing him as a true shutdown corner, but he has the skill set, and the grit I personally love in a CB. Hopefully all DB's put in the same time MA did in the offseason, weight room, and in the film room the past 3 years. Josh Norman from Carolina, IMO, is best CB playing the game currently, and it's almost like it's a head game the way he and MA talk trash as much as anything else to who they're covering . It works well for them! One gets his teams franchise tag, and MA is a legitimate possible 1st rounder after only 2 actual years of playing CFB! There's seems to be something to a being a "trash talking CB, like it or not.....and being really really good doesn't hurt. :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Word is Fields is dialed in. Will start out as the boundary AND field CB #2.

Mar 4, 2016, 3:38 AM

Physical and great open field tackler. Likely to bump Baker down if he can't improve in said area of his game.

Also was the most impressive at punt returns.

Justin Miller Part II?

Also, Ryan Carter was moved to Safety, his HS position. Physical head hunter with great speed and ball skills. I like the move.

Re: Smith and Fields show

Mar 4, 2016, 5:30 AM

I believe Fields will really make a name for himself this year. Tankersly showed enough last year to make teams aware of him, so the other corner will really be tested. If Fields is even the starting corner, Baker will have a say in that. Thought it was very interesting to listen to Venables practice interview and hear his comments about Fields. He said and this isn't exact, "you can ask him, a lot of the reason he wasn't on the field last year was because of him". i hope he puts it all together, he is lock down. And tackles very well.

Tanner Muse hopefully puts it all together this year also. He's a stud, hopefully he steps up and takes charge over a position

Re: Smith and Fields show

Mar 4, 2016, 7:34 AM

When CBV spoke the other day, he mentioned Smith as "solid"(?) I think, but nothing like I expected. I actually think Smith is possibly the most under-rated player on D. Fields will be awesome with some added experience as he tends to make some freshmen mistakes at critical times. He can easily fix that, so I expect great things from him too.

Good post. TU.

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,781
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic