Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Oklahoma Offense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: Oklahoma Offense

Dec 28, 2015, 10:40 AM

Oklahoma Offense

Oklahoma Offense
Oklahoma enters the Orange Bowl with one of the nation's top offenses, but it was an October loss that turned the offense around.

The Sooners have scored at least 41 points in nine of their 12 games. They average 45.8 points per game which ranked third in the nation

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"frisbee catching dogs", credit The Pack Man***

Dec 28, 2015, 11:17 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oklahoma Offense - Really??

Dec 28, 2015, 12:54 PM

It's always good to talk nice about teams and give teams credit where credit is due but can you really give credit to the OK rush offense. Those numbers mentioned in this story fail to say what kind of rush defense they were up against so I'll state them here. 232 yds against KSU's rush defense of 53rd in the nation; 405 yds against Texas Tech's rush defense of 126th; 265 yds against Kansas' rush defense of 125th; 279 yds against Iowa St's rush defense of 86th; 241 yds against Baylor's rush of 51st; 333 yds against TCU's rush defense of 79th; and finally 344 yds against OK St's rush defense of 83rd. Clemson's rush defense is 24th in the country. Bring them on. My prediction, around 37-26 Clemson over OK.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oklahoma Offense - Really??

Dec 28, 2015, 4:36 PM

They have a very good offense and made some changes along their OL after the TX loss that has helped them. I realize you may not think much of them but it is a quality offense. Probably not as good as UNC's but not far behind.
The defense will need to play very well, which I think we can and will do. But OK will move the ball and score some.
I do think our DL will win more than they lose and if we get a solid game from our LB's, we will be in great shape.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oklahoma Offense - Really??

Dec 29, 2015, 8:13 AM

I'm basing my opinion on statistics. Why do you say they have a "very good offense"? I think they probably have a good offense but jury is still out as to whether or not they have a very good offense based on the defenses they have faced. I think if Clemson can limit turnovers (-2 for the season) they will win by double digits. Key statistic - OK is +10 in the turnover category! When it comes to experience, Clemson's D-line has much more experience (3.25 yrs in NCAA football) to 2.8 yrs for OK not to mention talent level (3.75 for CU to 3.2 Rivals star rating for OK) so they may have made changes but they are young and still played inferior defenses with those changes. I have it 37-26 Clemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic