Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Disappointing Start
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: Disappointing Start

Dec 21, 2015, 9:40 AM

Disappointing Start

Disappointing Start
Losing to the arch rival is never good, but losing to the Gamecocks two years in a row is hard to take.

It is hypocritical for me to criticize the fans for not going Friday night. I will admit that I was not in Greenville for the game Friday night because I had a pre

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmmm, I wish I hadn't read that. The Tigers start is worse

Dec 21, 2015, 9:44 AM

than I thought!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: Disappointing Start

Dec 21, 2015, 9:44 AM

EpiDummy ain't gonna like this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Go get Gregg Marshall...........

Dec 21, 2015, 9:46 AM

His team at Wichita State is going to have to be rebuilt after this year.

Marshall is making 3.3 million this year.

Dec 21, 2015, 10:05 AM

Isn't that about triple what CBB makes?

Re: Marshall is making 3.3 million this year.

Dec 21, 2015, 10:13 AM

We could ask Dabo for a loan?

Re: Go get Gregg Marshall...........

Dec 21, 2015, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Go get Gregg Marshall........... ]

Well, the coots have not lost but look at who they played. Nobodies. Yet they could only win 6 against possibly the worst team in the ACC. When the coots start playing somebody, they will begin losing some games. That is the way the coots schedule in every sport.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For the umpteenth time, Marshall isn't an option BUT

Dec 21, 2015, 10:11 AM

there are still some very good coaches out there.

Some find it hard to fathom, but Wichita State is a better

Dec 21, 2015, 11:00 AM

B-ball program and coaching destination than Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uhhh...no.... it's not....

Dec 21, 2015, 11:21 AM

but it is a more challenging job; particularly from a recruiting and competition standpoint.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's better, but it is more difficult.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

$CU will face ONE RANKED OPPONENT ALL SEASON....

Dec 21, 2015, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Go get Gregg Marshall........... ]

(Kentucky), unless some other weak-a$$ $EC basketball team can manage to crack the top 25.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Clemson basketball = Scar football

Dec 21, 2015, 10:19 AM

Both programs have had a few seasons where they were good but no ability to sustain any success.

I was at the game the other night in Greenville. From looking around and listening to the crowd noise, it seemed like there were almost as many Scar fans as there were Clemson fans. I told a friend of mine that this is what Gamecock fans must have felt like in Williams-Brice this year. I'd love to be proven wrong but I suspect this is going to be the pattern in Greenville this year. Small crowds and lots of fans of opposing teams. I sure hope the renovations in Littlejohn are worth it.

As to Brownell, I am torn. I think he is one of the best Xs and Os guys we've ever had. But recruiting is the name of the game and I haven't seen any sign that he can recruit at a level to have us competitive in the ACC on a consistent basis. I have absolutely no inside information but my gut feeling is that he is safe this year, considering his contract and the playing in Greenville situation, which would be a bad deal for even the best of teams. But he probably needs to win next year or I think we'll be on the hunt for a new coach.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. Until Clemson goes after real coaches with real names

Dec 21, 2015, 1:44 PM

and some real recruiting power... we will never be any better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This!

Dec 21, 2015, 1:49 PM

Nothing wrong with Clemson having football as the priority, but basketball needs to be a much stronger 1b rather than a distant second. We need to stop with this fascination with being a "football school" at the neglect of everything else. Sadly, some of our fans pride themselves on that!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Dead on Judge!***

Dec 24, 2015, 5:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2015, 10:28 AM

Captain Obvious. The answer is better recruiting, better coaching. I like BB, but he isnt the answer. No, he doesnt shoot or rebound but its obvious his UNC-W style of recruiting isnt working here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look at the schedule, we

Dec 21, 2015, 10:37 AM

need to win tomorrow night. After that we may be on a streak well in to January, and not a good one.

Re: Look at the schedule, we

Dec 21, 2015, 10:49 AM

Brownell is a dead man walking. I have no idea how long Clemson lets him stagger forward, but he is done.

Brownell seems like a nice guy and his x's and o's are solid. But college bb is entirely about recruiting and he has not sold Clemson well enough to retain his position.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we were just playing tic tac toe, then we would be great.

Dec 21, 2015, 11:15 AM

Heard CBB is good with X's and O's.

Seriously, I have not seen a consistently well coached, fundamentally sound basketball team in CBB tenure. Most nights CBB's team plays solid half court defense. We consistently struggle on offense. There is very- little transition offense - albeit maybe more to lack of quality recruiting.

Recruiting has been limited in bringing in the quality and quantity of ACC caliber players.

I have been a Clemson Basketball fan for 35 years. They have become hard to watch .... even though as players you love 'em for their effort and the uniform they wear.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2015, 12:24 PM

Ben Jacobson

Previous engagement? The schedule has been out for

Dec 21, 2015, 3:10 PM

months...Would you miss a Clemson-South Carolina Football game for a "previous engagement"? If not then you're part of the problem...You sure come off as fair weather

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Previous engagement? The schedule has been out for

Dec 21, 2015, 9:22 PM

Agree 100%. I don't buy the previous engagement bull crap.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He needed an excuse since it's harder to get to games

Dec 22, 2015, 12:42 PM

that aren't played in his backyard...Now that he has to drive for 45 minutes, he sees what the majority of us do, only he couldn't say THAT

Your blog got off to a disappointing start as well***

Dec 21, 2015, 3:11 PM

Can't wait to play BC!***

Dec 21, 2015, 9:16 PM

nm

Twice!***

Dec 21, 2015, 9:23 PM

nm