Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2/3 of Americans Want U.S. to Join Climate Change Pact
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 6

2/3 of Americans Want U.S. to Join Climate Change Pact

Dec 1, 2015, 11:04 AM

Seems like america is the outlier with only one stubborn party adamantly opposed to climate change science...

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/01/world/americas/us-climate-change-republicans-democrats.html?_r=0

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is the Climate Change Pact?***

Dec 1, 2015, 11:09 AM

Re: What is the Climate Change Pact?***

Dec 1, 2015, 11:15 AM

http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/29/flashback-abc-news-envisioned-apocalyptic-world-triggered-by-climate-change-video/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only real question is how much control over

Dec 1, 2015, 11:21 AM

America's energy industry do Obama and the liberals want.

Re: The only real question is how much control over

Dec 1, 2015, 11:25 AM

Right... i'm sure that's what the rest of the world is concerned about regarding climate change too...

Fact is, we are the only major country that i'm aware of that has made this a partisan issue. If we disregard America's opinion here, it's pretty clear cut what the consensus is.

Don't you know? How much control do they want?***

Dec 1, 2015, 11:31 AM

Re: Don't you know? How much control do they want?***

Dec 1, 2015, 11:54 AM

I can see you don't have a real argument here...

I can see you don't want to talk about the real objective.***

Dec 1, 2015, 11:57 AM

Re: I can see you don't want to talk about the real objective.***

Dec 1, 2015, 12:03 PM

Ok, so it's more likely that you are right and this is a giant money-grabbing scheme where over 90% of world scientists colluded to say that this is a real issue?

I just don't get your position, i'm sorry.

My position is giving gov't control of our energy companies

Dec 1, 2015, 7:12 PM

will not solve anything.

Re: My position is giving gov't control of our energy companies

Dec 1, 2015, 7:45 PM

So you agree with the problem, just not the solution.

Ok, well that is fair enough then.

Do I agree the climate is changing? LOL... has been since

Dec 2, 2015, 10:30 AM

there was a climate.

Re: Do I agree the climate is changing? LOL... has been since

Dec 2, 2015, 1:02 PM

And will continue to do so. Whether we are here ..or not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll join too, if it don't cost nothin'

Dec 1, 2015, 11:15 AM

2/3 of Americans think "American Idol" puts out a pipeline of musical talent, and that the Kardasians are "our" version of the Royal Family.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll join too, if it don't cost nothin'

Dec 1, 2015, 11:17 AM

Do you apply that logic to other areas of your life? I'd be willing to be you put your money towards things you think are important.

I'm not falling into another one of your brickwall debates

Dec 1, 2015, 11:31 AM

been through that.

You're the smartest guy in the room. Always have been and always will be.
That's ultimately what you want to convey to everybody; I'm just saving time here.

Re: I'm not falling into another one of your brickwall debates

Dec 1, 2015, 11:40 AM

Oh jesus christ, god forbid I debate my political positions on a political forum. Why do you even post here?

been watching folks like you crash and burn since 1995

Dec 1, 2015, 1:25 PM

we get a new enlightened brainiac like yourself in here most every year, chock full of letting everybody know just how backwards and wrong their world views are. Post after post of repetitive rhetoric and tired old talking points, nothing of substance that could ever change anyone's mind.

You last a year, maybe two. But you all eventually flame out and go back wherever you came from.

Except for the one old addled codger.

Re: been watching folks like you crash and burn since 1995

Dec 1, 2015, 6:44 PM

What's up with the "enlightened brainiac" complex you have going on there. You can't debate without feeling inferior or something?

I find it a bit funny that a GOP supporter would say anything about rhetoric to anyone else... that's all you guys have.

> Post after post of repetitive rhetoric and tired old talking points, nothing of substance that could ever change anyone's mind.

The way I see it, one party leans towards science (which is verifiable, repeatable) and the other leans towards religion (which has few redeeming qualities, not to mention not verifiable).

I'm sorry if you feel that science is "nothing of substance that could ever change anyone's mind". That sounds like a personal problem to me. You should be able to change your mind to suit new information. Try it sometime, it's fun not having to think like your party leader or pastor does.

More than 90% of scientists say climate change is real and is man made. There is only one very vocal dissenting group against this.... you guessed it, the American republican party...

I think i'll take logic and reason for $1000 on this one trebek.

I feel like this should be a scene in a comedy movie

Dec 1, 2015, 11:27 AM

World leaders congregating in one location via private jets and SUV convoys to discuss how everyone needs to limit their carbon foot print. It doesn't get much more laughable than that.

I saw this somewhere, and I think it kind of illustrates my feelings on the situation: "I'll start worrying about climate change when the people telling me I should be worried start acting like they are"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Algore part deux.***

Dec 1, 2015, 11:32 AM

Re: Algore part deux.***

Dec 1, 2015, 1:24 PM

I believe climate change is real but I also believe some of the climate change mongers are as hypocritical as the Pastor that preaches against adultery while being an adulterer. ;)

Those naysayers that deny climate change but support the

Dec 1, 2015, 3:57 PM

billionaire Rep. crazy presidential candidates that crisscross the USA spreading bovine manure and toxic fumes are the real perpetrators. Don't you think. They don't, they support each other.

Go all Tigers, don't support billionaire toxic fume spreaders who also dispense bovine and coot feces. :(

Re: I feel like this should be a scene in a comedy movie

Dec 1, 2015, 11:34 AM [ in reply to I feel like this should be a scene in a comedy movie ]

champagne dreams and caviar wishes

Only your

Dec 1, 2015, 4:00 PM

zany Rep. presidential candidates should be cast in that movie.

Go all Tigers, don't support naysayers.

^^ doesn't understand the issue

Dec 1, 2015, 11:56 AM [ in reply to I feel like this should be a scene in a comedy movie ]

It's hard to tell when you are being serious....

Obviously these world leaders don't understand the issue

Dec 1, 2015, 12:16 PM

either, otherwise they'd be communicating remotely instead of further polluting the environment with their jets and SUV's.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Obviously these world leaders don't understand the issue

Dec 1, 2015, 12:27 PM

That settles it, not a real threat because our leaders are not on skype. Your ignorance is staggering.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol the fact that you dummies don't see the ridiculousness

Dec 1, 2015, 1:12 PM

In this dog and pony show is what's staggering. Keep on keepin on sheep.

Re: Lol the fact that you dummies don't see the ridiculousness

Dec 1, 2015, 6:16 PM

what is more ridiculous, admitting that our activities are warming the planet, or that there is some global conspiracy being committed by 97% of the worlds climate scientists in all countries? What is funny is that you do not have one leg to stand on, just shooting from the hip and not backing your argument up with anything other than this fantasy that a parade of SUV's in route to the climate summit is some how proof of your argument.

Re: Obviously these world leaders don't understand the issue

Dec 1, 2015, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Obviously these world leaders don't understand the issue ]

The fact that you think their jets and SUVs are the problem is an issue in and of itself, but i'm 99% sure you are joking.

If your boss announced company wide pay cuts

Dec 1, 2015, 2:49 PM

in the name of saving the company, and held the announcement ceremony at Cowboys stadium, then proceeded to drive a Bentley on stage to give his presentation, you wouldn't find that a bit...shall we say, tacky?

Re: If your boss announced company wide pay cuts

Dec 1, 2015, 6:36 PM

of course, but how does this validate your argument?

Re: If your boss announced company wide pay cuts

Dec 1, 2015, 6:45 PM [ in reply to If your boss announced company wide pay cuts ]

Sure but what does this have to do with the summit? Your argument doesn't make any sense.

Nope, 2/3 of the people who answered the telephone poll

Dec 1, 2015, 3:37 PM

want to join the pact....do you not understand anything? Ask yourself who is at home answering the call for these polls....

Re: Nope, 2/3 of the people who answered the telephone poll

Dec 1, 2015, 6:47 PM

Not sure but they sound more intelligent than most republicans...

Here's a fact, more than 90% of scientist think climate change is not only real, but that it's man made. What's your rebuttal to that? You don't have one and you know it.

IMO,

Dec 2, 2015, 10:07 AM

Your first sentence is correct. They cannot help it though, their political leaders are the guilty parties: Clintons are bad, Obamas are bad, climate problems don't exist, all Muslims are very bad, etc., etc., etc.

Go all Tigers, think independently and be sure to vote next November.

Thank you sneaky bleep,

Dec 2, 2015, 11:11 AM

for re-enforcing my effect on bleeps.

Go all Tigers, don't be bleeps.

Replies: 37
| visibility 6
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic