Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: The Window
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: The Window

Oct 21, 2015, 10:10 AM

The Window

The Window
We live in great times if you are a fan of Clemson football. Dabo Swinney has th

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice job Mickey!***

Oct 21, 2015, 10:22 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#ACCFTS

Re: Plyler's Blog: The Window

Oct 21, 2015, 10:28 AM

Great write-up!!!

Now that is a well written blog post.

Oct 21, 2015, 10:28 AM

Best one I've seen in months. Guess all of our constructive criticism paid off.

ROH

From your lips to God's ears!***

Oct 21, 2015, 11:21 AM

nm

It's even better than that.

Oct 21, 2015, 11:26 AM

Our OCs are rookies. They have not spread their wings yet. I think Dabo has a great deal of respect for them but he's still clipping their wings occasionally.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't let anyone at The State or The Post&Courier

Oct 21, 2015, 11:26 AM

see this blog. It'll prompt a "wet-blanket" response column designed to spare the feelings of their chicken constituency who are still trying to understand how Spurrier's quitting mid-season was the greatest act of humanitarianism in modern times

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1...***

Oct 21, 2015, 11:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2015, 11:57 AM

I wouldn't be too quick to claim that USC's program is done. They have had surprisingly good recruiting classes (usually top 25 ranking) in recent years. The players may be happy that they don't have to deal with Spurrier's flakiness any more. From what I can see his assistants relate well to the players - and they did win the first game sans Spurrier - (OK it was Vandy but they won). I think the game in Columbia will be very tough! (it will be their bowl game). If USC gets their recruiting staff straightened out, they may not miss too many beats. They may take a page out of Clemson's playbook and keep their interim coach.

SCAR's recent success on the field has depended on the

Oct 21, 2015, 11:15 PM

state of South Carolina producing a large quantity of high quality players and having those players come from a background of pulling for the gamecocks.

There is a distinct common denominator between Marcus Lattimore, Jadaveon Clowney, Alshon Jeffery, Stephone Gilmore, DJ Swearinger, AJ Cann, Vic Hampton, Brandon Shell, and Devonte Hollomon, etc.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2015, 1:53 PM

I think parents like this coaching staff... maybe not all parents but enough... they see Dabo sitting a player like Bryant for a bowl game for skipping study hall. They see how Dabo dealt a player going through depression and that player for the last 2 weeks is ACC OL of the week. I think we are recruiting young men whose parents want them to graduate, at the same time we are obviously instilling in them the work habits they need to succeed in the NFL or in other careers.

The most important thing is we have players who are leaders. When team leadership is missing the team will not achieve great things. Last year we had Jarrett and Anthony, this year Dodd, Boulware and Kearse. The offense has Watson and Scott and MacLain.

Its unlikely

Oct 21, 2015, 3:49 PM

there will be a window like USuC had open again anytime soon, if ever. A perennial doormat program needed all the stars to align just right at the exact same time to go on their little run, which in hindsight wasnt even all that great (only 1 east title, no SEC title, no BCS bowls). The SEC East is rapidly improving, Clemson is rapidly becoming elite, SC elite talent pool has dried up. The odds of ALL of these things turning in their favor again? Not real likely.

The Window - Let's Keep that thing OPEN!

Oct 21, 2015, 8:53 PM

So, what do we do to keep that thing OPEN!

We cannot do what we did in 1990. There are going to be problems some day. All programs have them. We need to prepare for that and have plans in place whether it be a rash of injuries, a rash of coaching defections or even more bad arrests some day. This egg must be taken care of and protected as best we can.

But we really need to enjoy this ride and NOT become complacent ever with 9 or 10 win seasons if that continues which I think it can. The formula is there, but Danny Ford had a formula that worked too and we see what happened there. Took us better part of 20 years to recover.

Wow, if we could lock in this staff for 10 years today, I would say DO IT! After the 2nd national championship we can think about what we do down the road with naming the stadium! For myself, for this point in time, I would be very happy to know that Dabo and BV and here until they retire and I know they would go out better than the jerk in Columbia did. Keep those 2 together for 10 to 15 years and I can see 4 to 6 ACC champs and 2 to 3 national championship games.

Re: The Window - Let's Keep that thing OPEN!

Oct 21, 2015, 9:18 PM

Stadium already has a name. Other than that, I agree.

Re: The Window - Let's Keep that thing OPEN!

Oct 22, 2015, 1:19 PM

Right the Stadium and the field has a name. And it should stay so.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic