Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tommy Bowden Press Conference Quotes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Oct 3, 2005, 12:53 PM

Tommy Bowden met with the media on Monday to discuss what changes need to made before the NC State game. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kelvin Grant is back!!!***

Oct 3, 2005, 12:55 PM

Hamlin over Gaddis

Oct 3, 2005, 12:58 PM

Interesting, and I like it. I also like Duane getting some reps @ CB...

"Duty is the sublimest word in the English language."- Robert E. Lee
"Strike the tent." - Robert E. Lee's final words
"Better to remain silent and thought an idiot then to speak out and confirm that thought for everyone." - Mark Twain

Clemson Day at the State House:

Agree 100% Hamlin hits harder***

Oct 3, 2005, 12:59 PM

make you say hmmmmm!!!!!

Oct 5, 2005, 6:04 PM [ in reply to Hamlin over Gaddis ]

I saw Hamlin and Gaddis both neither played a good game, but putting the blame on a player for a loss is the worse thing for a coach to do. I saw Gaddis come out of the game several times and go back in. If he played that sorry why put him back in. I saw wake drive up and down the field the same way they have done for the last 3 yrs on a poorly coached defense. Gaddis was the number 2 quarterback in the state of N.c behind chris leak but he is playing defense. Great call coach

Loose Fan? HMMMM***

Oct 5, 2005, 6:15 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I would hate to loose him as a fan***

Oct 5, 2005, 6:16 PM

"I don’t why there is so much disrespect for Wake Forest.

Oct 3, 2005, 12:59 PM

I think they are pretty good team."

Probably b/c we are 55-10 lifetime verses them. You think that might be the reason?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it 55-16***

Oct 3, 2005, 1:03 PM

54-16 now but you are correct.***

Oct 3, 2005, 1:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks...I was counting our win from next year ;-)***

Oct 3, 2005, 1:11 PM

If WAKE was a good team then you would............

Oct 3, 2005, 1:03 PM [ in reply to "I don’t why there is so much disrespect for Wake Forest. ]

other teams getting beat by them. They are a better Wake team than 5-6 years ago but so is the rest of the acc. Nobody else has trouble w/ teams like Duke or Wake, but we do. THEY ARENt good

P.S. A&M scored 66 on SMU - and also if you kicked the FG

Oct 3, 2005, 1:06 PM [ in reply to "I don’t why there is so much disrespect for Wake Forest. ]

you could have kicked another and one by 2 not lost by 1. Ugh...take some responsibilty for the call THOMAS.

Any play you would change?

If I had known we were not going to call off probably would have kicked the field goal and lost by one and felt worse.

Your the head coach stop blaming the players. Good grief. I'm so feed up with Tommy's excuses. I am not calling for his head but please be accountable for your mistakes.

Re: P.S. A&M scored 66 on SMU - and also if you kicked the FG

Oct 3, 2005, 1:11 PM

For someone with so much "character" as so many of his apologizers are quick to point out, Tommy sure hasn't mastered the concept of accepting responsibility.

Oct 4, 2005, 12:56 AM

YOUR HANDLE SAYS IT ALL,JUST PURELY IGNORANT!

Oct 4, 2005, 1:52 AM

Good one...now, please explain how my statement is ignorant. I know what I said is correct, even though you don't want to admit it. You're one of those guys who thinks Tommy hung the moon b/c he has "character." Well, guess what, having character should be the default. It's a boxcheck on the list of attributes for a head coach. Tommy's getting way too much credit for having something every decent human being, in any profession, should have.

should be an interesting TNT

Oct 3, 2005, 1:11 PM [ in reply to P.S. A&M scored 66 on SMU - and also if you kicked the FG ]

I've always enjoyed it and enjoyed hearing your perspective on games and pointing out things that wouldn't be normally seen... can't wait for the post-WF TNT.

"Duty is the sublimest word in the English language."- Robert E. Lee
"Strike the tent." - Robert E. Lee's final words
"Better to remain silent and thought an idiot then to speak out and confirm that thought for everyone." - Mark Twain

Clemson Day at the State House:

Thanks for the support Treybeck. I will always be

Oct 3, 2005, 1:15 PM

accountable for the things I say and do on the show. The buck stops on TNT with me as Clemson football should with Tommy. If I make a mistake and someone points it out I'll acknowledge it and move forward. That's the first step in becoming more successful at what you are doing.

Being willing to admit you made a mistake.

Hey- be fair about it- selective listening is just as bad

Oct 3, 2005, 3:31 PM [ in reply to P.S. A&M scored 66 on SMU - and also if you kicked the FG ]

It’s my job to get the plays manufactured.

I just to find a way to keep the players’ noses to the grind stone and say hey the worm will finally turn.

I got to make sure yeah small things are magnified, one play here or one play there is magnified, therefore we got to continue to coach hard on the little things that are costing us in close losses.

What do you say to people who say to the guy who says you shouldn’t be losing to Wake in your 7th year?
I want to agree with him

Probably because they are 4-18 in their last 22 ACC games

Oct 3, 2005, 1:10 PM [ in reply to "I don’t why there is so much disrespect for Wake Forest. ]

2 wins against Duke
2 wins against Clemson

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and 1-3 for the season coming in, not a "good***

Oct 3, 2005, 1:40 PM

and 1-3 for the season coming in, not a "good" team***

Oct 3, 2005, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Probably because they are 4-18 in their last 22 ACC games ]

Re: Probably because they are 4-18 in their last 22 ACC games

Oct 4, 2005, 8:54 PM [ in reply to Probably because they are 4-18 in their last 22 ACC games ]

wow, i did not know that. that is embarrasing. and tommy seems to think they are a pretty good team. huh?

Re: might be the small Baptist university thing? or their

Oct 3, 2005, 5:59 PM [ in reply to "I don’t why there is so much disrespect for Wake Forest. ]

preference for roundball? or their high school stadium/atmosphere? they would be world-beaters if grobe had a westend zone project to make his team better!

Re: "I don’t why there is so much disrespect for Wake Forest.

Oct 4, 2005, 8:51 PM [ in reply to "I don’t why there is so much disrespect for Wake Forest. ]

That is what ticks me off about Tommy. He seems to give the other teams too much credit. There is no reason Clemson should ever lose to Wake. I don't care if they have 100 scholarships. With Clemson's tradition, fan support and atmoshphere, there is no reason a team who's fans could care less about football should beat us. I could understand a slip up once every few years, but every year we seem to lose a bs game. It is so frustrating.

At least we feel better in our losses***

Oct 3, 2005, 1:06 PM

Re: Tommy Bowden Press Conference Quotes

Oct 3, 2005, 1:08 PM

What do you say to people who say to the guy who says you shouldn’t be losing to Wake in your 7th year?

I want to agree with him, but I want to be respectful with the job Wake Forest is doing just as Stoops is respectful of the guy at TCU and the guy at Louisville is respectful of the guy at South Florida and the guy at Pitt is respectful of the guy at Ohio. They give 85 scholarships and everybody is well coached and you go on down the line. That’s not Clemson and that’s not the ACC. Those are other examples. So when you say look at the seventh year that’s all I can say. I don’t know what else to say. I don’t why there is so much disrespect for Wake Forest. I think they are pretty good team.

How do you explain the roller coaster ride of beating teams like Miami and Florida State and then losing to Duke and Wake Forest?

I don’t know. If I had the answer to that I guess I would have won those games and you wouldn’t be asking.

That’s the consistency you try to alleviate but we just haven’t put our finger on it right now why.

when he names the examples of other teams losing to lesser teams I want to say what my mom used to tell me when I said other kids did it too, she would always say, "I dont care what the other kids do"

who cares if they lose to wake? i dont..

BIG PLAYS??

Oct 3, 2005, 1:33 PM

big plays, big plays, big plays...I hear it every week, maybe the game has changed over the past decade, what ever happened to sustained drives? If big plays dont come around looks like we have little chance of winning.

Seems TB has no answers either.

Oct 3, 2005, 2:18 PM

Just round and round we go..where we fall of the ACC know on knows.

Oct 3, 2005, 4:14 PM

Quote from Tommy "If I had known we were not going to call off, probably would have kicked the field goal and lost by one and felt worse."
What kind of confidence is that in your defense? Why not pooch punt or kick the field goal and WIN by 3 or 6? Why not call more pass plays in the red zone instead of revertin back to the Ford or even worse, Hatfield eras of running the ball on 3rd and 7 from the 10. Our defense is not the problem - our play calling on offense is - where did you go Rich Rodriquez? Oh yeah West Virginia with a much more explsive offense - take notice Tommy at who the offensive genius was behind your success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sick and tired of other "examples" and excuses.

Oct 3, 2005, 4:48 PM

We have twice the talent as Wake Forest and get outcoached every year. Wake Forest is still Wake Forest. Vanderbilt didn't have a problem beating them. If it was an isolated incident, it would be different. This is getting very old. I know how USC fans feel and am learning how to deal with losing. That is what it has come to.

Re: Sick and tired of other "examples" and excuses.

Oct 3, 2005, 6:01 PM

ditto. who cares if stoops respects tcu? personally, i doubt that he does, lol. i cant wait for tommy to drag out the 'half of the teams lost today' excuse! or did he use that one last year?

Re: Sick and tired of other "examples" and excuses.

Oct 5, 2005, 12:42 PM

Hey, I agree. We don't root for those teams; we root for the Tigers. I guess a poor excuse is better than none.

Oct 3, 2005, 5:57 PM

tb's spin make my head spin. wake a 'pretty good team'? tex am puts 66 on pitiful team! i made a list of the crap he spouted and will let the wccp crowd anal-ize it/spin it some more. this is freaking unbelievable! i feel like mad max (from john boy and billy if youre not sure of whom i speak, lol)....

tommy is a tired tiger put him and us out of misery

Oct 5, 2005, 5:56 PM

Tommy is tired, we have been waiting for Tommy for years to turn in to a great coach, he hasn't done it by now and he never will. In the conference he said he is looking for big plays and waiting on them. I saw the type of big plays he wants during the loss to wake, I call it a fake field goal that is the real reason the game was loss. But instead of being a man and taking blame for his call he puts it on his players, next it will be coaches, then Charlie. When will the blame be put on Tommy.

You're a LOOSE Fan? HMMMMM Wrong site***

Oct 5, 2005, 6:13 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic