Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Make no mistake...ND is going to test us.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Make no mistake...ND is going to test us.

Sep 28, 2015, 10:11 PM

I don't know if they will have seen the likes of what will go down in our stadium Saturday night.

Having said all that, some early mistakes like an INT or a kick-off return for a TD could spoil all of that. Win the toss, defer, and kick it out (or at least stop them before the 30) then we are cooking with dynamite.

This game result belies the talk of Watson. Our defense and what Venables has in store for them is the heart and soul of this game. Their offense IS better than ours with Mike Williams out and new OCs Scott and Elliot being tested by Kelly. Our defense is what will win or lose it for us. The have a great rushing game which worries me more than anything.

Venables has had the time, this is the key. Survive and early punch or two and let our defense get to work. I hope Alexander is ready. Prime time is coming his way...soon.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Make no mistake...ND is going to test us.

Sep 28, 2015, 10:14 PM

We take the ball , we go down the field and score first . Set that tone .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nah Man, That crowd is going to be ROWDY to start

Sep 28, 2015, 10:26 PM

Lets give them the ball and see how loud we can make it!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2015, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Make no mistake...ND is going to test us. ]

I think it's best to get the ball the start of the second half always. You score at the end of the first half and boom you get it right back.

Sep 28, 2015, 10:17 PM

What defenses have they faced ? Texas ? UVa ? GT & UMass ?
That offense that looks so smooth and so strong will be floundering in the pressure cooker of Death Valley . They will score no more than 20 , bet . Tigers will win .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I like your idea

Sep 28, 2015, 10:23 PM

take it to them first. GO TIGERS!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2015, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Make no mistake...ND is going to test us. ]

I almost agree on ND not scoring more than 20. I'm a conservative type and was thinking not more than 21, even though you're probably spot on with them having issues in the Red Zone and kicking FG's. Awww - you're probably right with 20. Let's go with that.

Andre Williams won the Walter Payton award. Shut down. Perrine? Bottled.

Sep 28, 2015, 10:32 PM

Gotta think we'll take our chances in man press cover 1 (with Green or Kearse patrolling as the center fielder ready to pluck balls out of the air or lay the wood) and sellout to stop the run, which on pass plays, forces their QB beat us with his arm under heavy pressure and a rushed decision.

When they do pass, look for QB progressions not to factor in 95% of those calls (Fuller streaking down the sideline as far away from kearse as possible, screens, all fly patterns with a dragging speedster flashing 5 yards across the LOS, etc).

Kearse is better off just helping with the run and focusing on the win instead of proving a point. He's too long and capable of pucking off any ball thrown slightly off target, and to sacrifice a would-be turnover for a big hit could be the difference in the game.

Rant over.

Re: Andre Williams won the Walter Payton award. Shut down. Perrine? Bottled.

Sep 29, 2015, 12:18 PM

Huh?

Re: Andre Williams won the ***Doak Walker award. Shut down. Perrine? Bottled up.

Sep 29, 2015, 7:12 PM

Huh?

We'll Play like a Champion Saturday night

Sep 28, 2015, 10:34 PM

They will, and have the ability to test us, but let's not mistake this team for the 13' Noles team.

Not even close

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Sep 28, 2015, 10:50 PM

I'm really curious about their defense. I know a team can change a lot from one year to the next, but their defense was pretty bad last season, especially late in the year. The last 7 games of last season they gave up 43, 31, 39, 55, 43, 31, 49, and 28. To compare, we gave up over 30 points just 2 times last season, and gave up 20 or more only 5 times. Feel free to compare schedules in that stat all you want, but it's not like they played a ton of teams with a better offense than we currently have or anything. Stat wise they have looked solid on defense at times this year, and especially in the GT game, and I won't count the UMASS game against them too much. However, UVA was able to gain 416 yards on them which is the most UVA has gained this season. My point isn't really to tell anyone that their defense isn't good, but simply to say it's a question mark for me.

Sep 28, 2015, 10:57 PM

Don't forget we are the same team that was coached to also shut down GT's offense last season, worse than Notre Dame did...GT's offense scored how much? 13 points?...the other 15 came by their defensive turnovers (2 pick 6's, and a defensive turnover, stuffed by our D again and settled for a FG). Let's not forget, though the personnel is different, our D hasn't exactly looked dropped off either. Quite sure most domers aren't looking at that aspect...Clemson lost that game all on the O, that was missing Watson.

Sep 28, 2015, 11:04 PM

Yep, and the year before weren't we up like 24-0 on GT before we gave up any points? I know the final box score of that one didn't show it as GT ended up scoring a decent amount of points that night, but our defense flat out dominated them in 2013 until the game got out of hand. I think we would have rolled them last season if Watson doesn't go down. We were on our way to making the game 10-0 or at worst 6-0 before Watson got hurt.

Sep 28, 2015, 11:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Make no mistake...ND is going to test us. ]

U Mass got 22 first downs on ND and put 450 yds of offense on the stat sheet. Most of those yards came through the air. U Mass had 77 offensive plays to ND's 79.

http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2015-2016/umass.html

UL got only 264 total against us and only 50 or so on the ground.

If our offense or defense doesn't have a better game than we did against UL the ND game might be a close game, maybe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We should expect to be tested

Sep 28, 2015, 10:55 PM

We have a good team capable of rising to the task.

PBT had a dream and played the entire game....

Sep 28, 2015, 10:57 PM

impressive.

I like our rush defense against anyone.

Sep 28, 2015, 11:00 PM

I think we'll contain Prosise. I'm more interested in how we play our secondary against Fuller.

Half of the missed tackle on prozac are on him...

Sep 28, 2015, 11:11 PM

the other half is on the guys who try to strip the ball from him. He runs with the ball just above his hip and swings his hands as if they are both empty.

He won't pull that on a team who tackles with fundamentals as does Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he does that....Boulware will fix him. And I hope the QB

Sep 29, 2015, 8:25 AM

tries to run a little as well.

I agree. Its time for the Junk Yard Dog to play nasty***

Sep 29, 2015, 9:08 AM

No wonder tickets cost so much...

Sep 29, 2015, 8:52 AM

Deion Sanders plays for Notre Dame. Who knew ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our defensive line is so strong

Sep 29, 2015, 8:58 AM

We proved that in Louisville. My biggest concern is the secondary. This is the game where they need to step up and prove we are an elite defensive school and take back our #1 spot in total defense.

I think that DB's will really show their mettle this game!***

Sep 29, 2015, 12:38 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2015, 7:38 PM

Call Golson to see if he still has the answers to the test. Aka the cheater

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic