Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Notre Dame Tix
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: Notre Dame Tix

Sep 23, 2015, 6:59 AM

Notre Dame Tix

Notre Dame Tix
I realized that I was a fanatic many years ago and the older I get, the more I realize that not everyone is like me or believes what I believe.

Years ago I tried to fight a battle to have Clemson students fill up the student section and stay for a large majority of every g

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: Notre Dame Tix

Sep 23, 2015, 7:11 AM

I agree with you on every issue in this blog
My son is a money mizer - but he is so particular who he sells tickets to on the rare occasion that one of us can't make a game.
We raised him right

Sep 23, 2015, 7:21 AM

And if you do sell tickets to a Clemson fan, how about some of you d-bags lower your price to maybe a 500% profit level instead of a 1000%.

Sep 23, 2015, 7:26 AM

d-bags? wow!

I'm sure you went right to the top of the discount list.....***

Sep 23, 2015, 7:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: Notre Dame Tix ]

Sep 23, 2015, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: Notre Dame Tix ]

I am poor, not b!tching, it's just my plot in life. That being said, sure, no one can tell another how they should spend their money or how to live their lives but f you are financially fortunate enough to be able to afford Clemson Tickers you certainly can afford to sell them at a decent profit to Clemson fans. That's just a poor man's unwanted opinion. Go Tigers!

Agree....

Sep 23, 2015, 8:18 AM

I agree with you but you the people that are gonna complain and say we'll you donate and you will see its not just face you are paying ...I get that but like you mentioned if you are that bad off then you should reconsider what you are spending money on...I mean if you can afford all that donation and season tickets selling them for even 150 each or something is not going to kill you. I don't have the money and alot of the times work interferes so I am unable to make every home game, which is why I have to buy up at the stadium.

I had a great hookup from a couple a few years ago that were having health issues and they sold me two tickets lower level like 30 yd line 30 rows up for face to any game I wanted to go to...which that year included usc auburn and fsu I believe ...these Ppl wanted clemson fans to be honest that are more passionate when they get a chance to go like myself rather than selling for 400 a piece to people that will prob only stand up and open their mouth when we score. I get selling them and making a profit I do, but these ticket prices for the nd are stupid high, people are making every dime they donated and more from selling 2 or 3 of these lol...just my opinion I will be there looking right before kickoff and will more than likely get lucky like I have continued to do....but just meet new ppl there are a few genuiniely good ppl left out there I just happened to lose contact with them over the years...good luck and go tigers!

We can see what people are asking for tickets but how much

Sep 23, 2015, 9:33 AM

are they actually getting?

I checked on eBay and there are several pairs that have sold for $500 ish for the pair.

But the best prices are always around the stadium on gameday. You pay a premium to have tickets ahead of time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good question ....

Sep 23, 2015, 10:18 AM

I bet they are getting something very close...lower deck tickets are listed around 4 or 500 a piece...the cheapest I have seen is about 325 each in the corners of the lower...so I don't know but it wouldn't surprise me at all if these people are getting them just bc they have to have them before.

The way I look at it is I'm gonna be there all weekend regardless and I agree if you wait about 30 min or so before kickoff there are always tix for sale...I will wait for then and if I can find them at a decent price I either walk down to the esso or find a tailgate ....yes I would love more than anyone to be in there yelling but I like many can't afford to pay 600 at a min for 2 tickets to a football game.

Amen

Sep 23, 2015, 8:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: Notre Dame Tix ]

nm

Mickey's request to not sell tix to ND fans is about 2-6 months tOO late!

Sep 23, 2015, 8:26 AM

But he's right that his game is a program changer & maybe biggest game in Clemson home stadium history, but it won't be the last.

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hah, "profit", you must not understand how to get tickets***

Sep 23, 2015, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: Notre Dame Tix ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Milton Friedman says hello******

Sep 23, 2015, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: Notre Dame Tix ]

Sep 23, 2015, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: Notre Dame Tix ]

So you'd be willing to pay $85*500% = $425? Try here stubhub.com Tickets start at $200, and you can even get lower deck starting at $275. Sounds like a deal for ya.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Translation:

Sep 23, 2015, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: Notre Dame Tix ]

"I don't want to pony up the money to get tickets through IPTAY, but since you did it for me, sell me a ticket for face value!"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I thought we were ranked 11th?***

Sep 23, 2015, 8:09 AM

ROH

Re: I thought we were ranked 11th?***

Sep 23, 2015, 8:17 AM

Death Valley ain't Death Valley at nine oclock. It's just another game and the Tigers don't play their best in night games. When was the last big blowout at a night game.? Edge to ND in this one because of tv scheduling.

Sep 23, 2015, 8:28 AM

If I had four tickets in the lower bowl area I would sale them to a Clemson fan for 2k. There are fans out there that will pay that and that is to house payments for me. It doesn't make me any less of a fan but more economic. In 6 years they will be in the ACC in football and you will see them every two years. Plus, I can eat a 12 steak dinner and then catch the game at home with my family. No traffic!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well it's an 8:00pm game...

Sep 23, 2015, 8:34 AM [ in reply to Re: I thought we were ranked 11th?*** ]

And the reason we may "not play as well" is because when we get a night game it's against an actual opponent that doesn't suck. No one wants to see a blow out on prime time at 8pm. They schedule games they know will be close. ND does not have the edge because DV is gonna be loud. You sir can stay home that night though.

ROH

Re: Well it's an 8:00pm game...

Sep 23, 2015, 8:43 AM

I am fully aware of the starting time of this game and I appreciate the offer to stay at home but I believe I will attend this game as I have for every game for the last FIFTY years. Hopefully the throat surgery I having this morning will not detain me from watching the Tigers beat Notre Dame in DV..Go swimming!

Sep 23, 2015, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Re: I thought we were ranked 11th?*** ]

I hate night games too. I have nightmares of Tajh and crew getting murdered by FSU in 2013. I think that game(along with the Oange Bowl against WV) is the root cause of some of the media ignoring Clemson. For example, Kirk Herbstreet was really high on Clemson before that FSU game and ever since then, it's like we slapped him in the face. I'd much rather play in the 3:30 time slot. I'm weird, I know.

Re: I like that 3:30 slot too BUT Clemson has won big at

Sep 23, 2015, 8:48 AM

night against GT in 2006 and against FSU in 2003 and 2009.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I like that 3:30 slot too BUT Clemson has won big at

Sep 23, 2015, 8:56 AM

Don't forget UGA season opener.

Strange to hate night games cause of that one since

Sep 23, 2015, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Re: I thought we were ranked 11th?*** ]

we were 2-1 in home night games that season and won the huge opener at night against UGA...

GO TIGERS

I don't hate them but I do prefer 3:30 with Carolina

Sep 23, 2015, 11:43 AM

Sunshine and then Carolina Moonshine over Death Valley.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This game says hello ....

Sep 23, 2015, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Re: I thought we were ranked 11th?*** ]

https://youtu.be/iO3aj9IzBQw

IIRC, it was a night game against a highly ranked team....

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well we beat UNC by 15 at night last year

Sep 23, 2015, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Re: I thought we were ranked 11th?*** ]

and led by 22 at multiple points. We beat GT at home in '13 by about 27 points on a night game. There was also the Syracuse game last year at 7 pm, where we won by ten. Offense was bad but the defense completely shut them down.

GO TIGERS

Some of our biggest wins have come at night Grandpa,

Sep 23, 2015, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: I thought we were ranked 11th?*** ]

UGA in 13, GT in 06, FSU in 03

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some of our biggest wins have come at night Grandpa,

Sep 23, 2015, 5:24 PM

A few wins in the last TEN years and a large number of defeats! DV is a day time venue.

I disagree

Sep 23, 2015, 9:12 AM

It's not going to make any difference in the home field advantage whether you sell you tickets to a Tiger fan, an Irish fan, a Gamecock fan, or an oscillating fan. The stadium is going to be at least 85% Orange and a few specks of green or gold or whatever will not have any noticeable affect at all.

Make your money! It's your God-given right as an American!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Were you there for USuC in 2010 when more than 1/2 of the

Sep 23, 2015, 9:49 AM

stadium was garnet and a whole bunch of people got greedy selling their tickets to Cooters? Yeah, that was not good.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

There were a lot of them but it wasn't "half" the stadium

Sep 23, 2015, 10:41 AM

It was more like 16,000 Carolina fans and 65,000 Clemson fans. That still hugely outnumbers them.

GO TIGERS

Still a majorly negative impact on the atmosphere***

Sep 23, 2015, 12:20 PM

More than half the stadium? Not even close***

Sep 23, 2015, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Were you there for USuC in 2010 when more than 1/2 of the ]

AMEN!

Sep 23, 2015, 9:14 AM

AMEN!

Watch for tricky ND'ers lying about their team loyalty.

Sep 23, 2015, 9:26 AM

Ask a question only a Clemson fan would know to weed out the frauds.

Re: Gouge your friends not your enemies!!***

Sep 23, 2015, 9:38 AM

A Bad Notre Dame Memory!!!

Sep 23, 2015, 9:55 AM

Please sell your tix through Tiger Net and ask a few "are you a Tiger questions."
If people give you grief about trying to get close to StubHub prices, ignore that.
I was there the last time Notre Dame came to town, and it was ugly! I'll never forget all the drunken Irish fans dancing in the streets--our streets--after the game. And the language was worse than the dancing!
I hope our great fans will not look at making a few hundred dollars as a good exchange for allowing 20,000 Notre Dame fans to attend or to force your friends around your seats to endure hours of misery.
The same is true for parking lot passes. I saw that the last time, also. Some lots looked like South Bend, and that was a day game.
PLEASE, PLEASE don't open the Valley to a Notre Dame reunion party!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2015, 10:05 AM

Maybe I'm totally off base here - but I believe that most Clemson fans do want to sell to other Clemson fans. I also believe there are business interests who purchase season tickets for the sole purpose of selling them. You can't help that. They don't care who they sell to.

There are three seats right behind me that have different people in them for every single game. Most of the time they are fans of the opposing team. It's been that way for years.

Sep 23, 2015, 10:22 AM

I was very lucky that my cousin really wants to go to this game. About a month ago I told him i'd like to make it to at least one home game this season. My health has been bad the last few years so I haven't been able to go like I used to. He surprised the heck out of me when he bought us tickets online. Lower deck, 45 yard line, 5 rows from the field. I can't wait to get back in the valley and be loud and proud for my Clemson Tigers!

Sep 23, 2015, 10:28 AM

Know what I do..I give them away! To tigers I see holding up one or two fingers. When I was a young boy a family friend and fanatic tiger fan ...Mr Clyde Coward...took me to many games on Saturday mornings. We would often leave at 5am for the 1pm kickoffs in those days. My dad would would always try to pay him for my ticket but he would never accept. I asked him once why and he said "cause Son some day when I'm not here any more I want you to be the Clemson Man that makes sure some little Tiger gets a chance to see his heroes play. And when they say thank you just say... Go Tigers!"
You have no idea the joy I've seen in 10 yr old faces and the smiles on a dads face when he puts his money back in his wallet and his arm around his son as they walk into Death Valley. Could care less about stub hub. And to Mr. Coward (who will be watching Saturday night on that big screen in the sky) Thank you sir. Go Tigers!

That's a great idea if you can afford to take the hit

Sep 23, 2015, 12:25 PM

If you need to recoup your investment though, no reason not to ask for market value. I literally gave to IPTAY until it hurt this year trying to get myself moved to the lower deck (to no avail) and if I couldn't make the Notre Dame game for some reason I would definitely be trying to recoup as much money as possible (but not from a ND fan).

The timeliness of this article

Sep 23, 2015, 12:21 PM

would be perfect if it were posted 6 months ago.

At least now you can admit your true motivation

Sep 23, 2015, 12:49 PM

behind the "lets get rid of pass-outs" instead of trying to hide behind "safety and security"....You ought to be embarrassed for selfishly lying from your bully pulpit, but you have no shame

Clemson Alumni in need of tickets!

Sep 24, 2015, 1:26 PM

Sell them to me and my friends! We graduated in 2007 and are coming back for this game but we were unable to buy single game tickets as they weren't offered! We can't afford the prices on StubHub or ebay, if you can't make it we will! We will wear orange proudly, get loud on defense, quiet on offense, and enjoy every minute of the game. Their are six of us meeting back in Clemson for this game, Go Tigers!

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic