Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: We Should Done This 20 Years Ago
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 3,251

Plyler's Blog: We Should Done This 20 Years Ago

Sep 22, 2015, 8:15 AM

We Should Done This 20 Years Ago

We Should Have Done This 20 Years Ago
When I was walking out of the game Thursday night in Louisville, I didn't know what to expect. I had heard that Churchill Downs, where I parked, was a rough neighborhood (which it wasn't bad at all). Before the game, the Cardinal fans were as nice as I

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: We Should Done This 20 Years Ago

Sep 22, 2015, 8:34 AM

Please proof read your posts before publishing i.e.:" We should done this 20 Years ago"

Sep 22, 2015, 8:44 AM

Great title. You don't even have to read the "blog" to know this is going to be another thought provoking entry.

Sep 22, 2015, 8:56 AM

What in the world? Title makes no sense whatsoever.

Mackey, setting Clemson people back, one blog post at a time

Sep 22, 2015, 8:59 AM

"We Should Done This 20 Years Ago" ... Really?

a few comments

Sep 22, 2015, 9:11 AM

It is a great trip. I sat among-st all of them and I wasn't quite sure what to expect either. A lot went out of their way to be nice as they should. The stadium is very new with actual stadium seats. I will say the concourses under and around the stadium need to be about twice as wide. It was a cluster you know what just walking to the seats. I didn't sample the food offerings so i cant comment. I will say the atmosphere wasn't exactly the most family friendly however. I saw very few kids but maybe that was because it was a school night. The PA music was down right raunchy at times. For example, they played the rated version of DMX's "Party Up" without reservation. The crowd in the lower section of the rounded end-zone was very NFLesque and didn't strike me as the typical alumni crowd that would be sitting in the same location of our stadium. I was on the fence about alcohol inside our stadium but after seeing it at Papa Johns, i think it would take away from our atmosphere and be a big negative. All in all, it was great to see a new venue. Churchill downs next door was quite the perk. We watched several races, ate at the food trucks, enjoyed a few mint juleps and lost a little bit of cash in the process. The track was solid orange with mostly Tigers. Downtown is great. Lots to walk and see, restaurants, bars. Evan Williams, Louisville Slugger, the river, etc. We took a cab to the game. Traffic sucked going and coming. Finding a cab after the game was virtually impossible, ended up walking 15 blocks to finally find one. Add to the fact that train tracks run right through campus and two trains came by to impede traffic within 30 mins of the game letting out. But Mick is right about them caring about football. It was good to see. They will be a quality opponent for years to come and they are the best 0-3 team in the country. I would certainly go back.

oh and Mick on the show this morning a factual note about your Presidential Power Rankings... Lincoln killed 600k+ Americans. Not sure how that gets him in the playoff. Cheers!

Jesus, Mickey...***

Sep 22, 2015, 9:28 AM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what's the line on the BC/App St game this weekend?***

Sep 22, 2015, 9:32 AM

Sep 22, 2015, 11:30 AM

I couldn't agree more. This was a great trip. I, too, always enjoyed the Maryland trip since it afforded the opportunity to hang out in DC for a weekend, and I was never been personally harassed by any Maryland fans. That said, the entirety of the Louisville experience was better than Maryland. I'm with you. Glad we got Louisville into the ACC.

Syracuse.....well, what to say. I went up there a couple years ago and founds a couple fans who were curious what all the football hoopla was about. Most fans I encountered were actually pulling for Clemson. Puzzling, but whatever.

Going back this year. Wondering if the interest will have improved at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Y'all leave Mickey alone

Sep 22, 2015, 11:33 AM

Crump should banned y'all 20 years ago!

Re: bump***

Sep 22, 2015, 12:03 PM

Thanks for passing on your road insights Mickey!***

Sep 22, 2015, 11:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2015, 4:32 PM

Thanks for your comments Mickey. It is refreshing to see someone enjoy a sport and not turn into something mean or malicious. Also, Thanks for posting he prayer list. It's something everyone needs even when they don't realize it.

Nice try, Mickey Plyler.***

Sep 23, 2015, 4:36 PM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: that feel when Tnet veteran with null pulse***

Sep 23, 2015, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: We Should Done This 20 Years Ago ]

Welp, it's not null now.

Sep 23, 2015, 4:39 PM

I just wanted to see what it would look like.

ROH

Got the feelin, power steerin, pistons poppin ain't no

Sep 23, 2015, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: We Should Done This 20 Years Ago ]

stoppin now...........

PANAMAGT!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 3,251
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic