Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
These TX high school players.. I didn't think
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

These TX high school players.. I didn't think

Sep 7, 2015, 2:10 PM

it was a big deal until I watched the video. Wow.. hope somebody teaches these punks a lesson.
#### straight they should face criminal charges. Just because an attack happens on a sporting field doesn't change the fact that this was a blatant assault.

http://espn.go.com/moresports/story/_/id/13601567/john-jay-high-school-players-suspended-face-charges-hitting-referee

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: These TX high school players.. I didn't think

Sep 7, 2015, 2:12 PM

Yep. That was just stupid. I can't imagine a coach told them to do that. Life is not a video game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was bad, but unless the ref was physically hurt...

Sep 7, 2015, 2:19 PM

I think arresting them is an over reaction. Now a days in this country we arrest too many people for minor things. If the ref got an injury where he needed a hospital visit, then yeah it makes sense to charge them. Our justice system is weird in this country. We have murderers, rapists, child molesters, and wife beaters who get less harsher sentences than people who commit minor crimes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So wait...

Sep 7, 2015, 2:23 PM

We hand out punish based on the result of the action, and not the action itself?

Re: So wait...

Sep 7, 2015, 2:26 PM

I'm with you LKN. So we determine whether to press charges or not based on how serious the injuries are to the victim. Sounds like a West Coast thinker to me. I hope we never use that type of "logic' in this country.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

shoot at someone 5 times and miss

Sep 7, 2015, 3:10 PM

you are not a danger to society since you can't hit. Punk a ref and it's okay if you don't hurt him. Next time maybe he will see the play a bit better and get the right call

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those kids didn't have guns***

Sep 7, 2015, 4:25 PM

Re: Those kids didn't have guns***

Sep 7, 2015, 5:18 PM

they used their bodies as a weapon....no different than a gun. If they had hit him in the right place, he could be dead. A weapon is a weapon

the human body itself can be legally considered a deadly weapon if an attacker uses his hands, feet, or other body parts to assault a victim.

But courts in several states like Texas, Ohio, and Kentucky have determined the human body to be a deadly weapon under certain circumstances.

Bottom line...2 punk kids in full pads and helmet attack a person FROM BEHIND wearing no protective gear. is a crime.

West Coast thinking?

Sep 7, 2015, 8:53 PM [ in reply to Re: So wait... ]

I bet most West Coasters would agree with you here. No need to bring regionalism into it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be the first time.***

Sep 7, 2015, 10:52 PM

Yeah.

Sep 7, 2015, 11:20 PM

Not a single person from the West coast has the intelligence to agree with common sense. I will take your word for it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so, by your logic... if someone kidnapped my child

Sep 7, 2015, 2:25 PM [ in reply to That was bad, but unless the ref was physically hurt... ]

but didn't hurt them... they should be let go b/c there was no hospital visit involved?

you, m'am, are a moran

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Agree... His post was nonsense.***

Sep 7, 2015, 3:12 PM

His post is nonsense and while I agree with you York...

Sep 7, 2015, 9:01 PM [ in reply to so, by your logic... if someone kidnapped my child ]

I still don't understand why you consistently berate people on an internet board with personal attacks. I just don't see a need for it. Nothing wrong with disagreeing in a way that befits a Southern gentleman but you need to show a little refrain.

Maybe I am the only one here who sees it but it needed to be said.

other than queenie...

Sep 7, 2015, 11:24 PM

what exactly are you talking about?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Assault is assault.

Sep 7, 2015, 2:28 PM [ in reply to That was bad, but unless the ref was physically hurt... ]

If I punch someone in the face and that person doesn't suffer any real injuries, I still just punched a dude in the face and I'm probably getting arrested.

Since when is assult something minor?

Sep 7, 2015, 2:32 PM [ in reply to That was bad, but unless the ref was physically hurt... ]

If somebody blatantly takes me to the ground when I'm completely defenseless on the street and then his buddy attacks while I'm down. I'm pressing charges and bringing civil suits as well regardless if I'm hurt or not.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Means, not ends. I agree with an overreaction, but

Sep 7, 2015, 2:39 PM [ in reply to That was bad, but unless the ref was physically hurt... ]

there intent was to hurt. Imagine seeing a similar action on the street... or, you know, if that were you on the ground.

null

If I was knocked to the ground and was only hit twice...

Sep 7, 2015, 4:30 PM

with no injuries, I would just let it go. Sorry, but the what if it was you ain't working in this situation. Ironic how people go around claiming their Christian, yet they always want revenge.

i doubt you've ever been hit twice... b/c you are stronger

Sep 7, 2015, 4:31 PM

than the average male

You're exactly right.***

Sep 7, 2015, 4:34 PM

so the seeing the justice system work against someone who

Sep 7, 2015, 4:32 PM [ in reply to If I was knocked to the ground and was only hit twice... ]

has intent to hurt is "revenge"...

you need help

keep on crying york tiger***

Sep 7, 2015, 4:35 PM

i think your ultra liberal mind is mistaking

Sep 7, 2015, 4:38 PM

"crying" for "truth"...

you would fit right in with protestors in Ferguson, living off the govt, never taking responsibility

Unlike you I don't live off a welfare check...

Sep 7, 2015, 4:44 PM

you fit in with right wingers complaining about welfare, then go sign up for it once they fall on hard times. I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours. So keep your false stereotypes to yourself. Oh and go have fun with your buddies, because this will be the last time I respond to you or your clique of trolls.

what would your thoughts be on this issue if the official

Sep 7, 2015, 4:44 PM

had been a minority?

there you go again with your race baiting...

Sep 7, 2015, 4:46 PM

and false stereotypes. My opinion would be no different. Bye, bye have nice life with the Trooper Del clique.

I thought you were going to stop posting

Sep 7, 2015, 8:57 PM

The board gets dumber with each one of your posts.

I never claimed to be a Christian. Accountability is the word, not revenge.

Sep 7, 2015, 4:39 PM [ in reply to If I was knocked to the ground and was only hit twice... ]

Nor did my posts ever suggests jail. I do think being banned from the team for the year, minimum, and a few hundred community service hours would be a good start though.

null

good luck telling queenie that.... "responsibility" is a

Sep 7, 2015, 4:41 PM

foreign term...

I agree they should be banned from playing HS football...

Sep 7, 2015, 4:45 PM [ in reply to I never claimed to be a Christian. Accountability is the word, not revenge. ]

again.

It's not revenge, it's just common sense.***

Sep 7, 2015, 10:56 PM [ in reply to If I was knocked to the ground and was only hit twice... ]

That kind of cowardly assault should be severely punished.

Sep 7, 2015, 2:45 PM [ in reply to That was bad, but unless the ref was physically hurt... ]

I am one of those people who thinks that people overreact to everything, but not this. Two kids getting in a fist fight is one thing.... but spearing a person from behind and using your helmet as a weapon once the guy is down on the ground is disgusting. They could have crippled that guy.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree completely.***

Sep 7, 2015, 11:24 PM

Re: That was bad, but unless the ref was physically hurt...

Sep 7, 2015, 2:57 PM [ in reply to That was bad, but unless the ref was physically hurt... ]

So let me try this scenario:

Assume someone fires a gun at you. He doesn't hit you, but he was aiming at you with the intent of hitting you. You are not physically hurt.

He shouldn't be charged with anything?

There were no guns involved in this incident...

Sep 7, 2015, 4:24 PM

So what you're bringing up is a completely different situation. Sorry, but I'm just not a reactionary. In this country we have more people in prison than China. If you read my post, I point out in this country that murderers, rapists, child molesters, and wife beaters get less jail time and sometimes no jail time than people who commit far less egregious crimes. Drug addicts spend more time in jail than killers, in some instances.

Re: There were no guns involved in this incident...

Sep 7, 2015, 5:19 PM

their bodies were a weapon...and they didn't miss

Re: There were no guns involved in this incident...

Sep 7, 2015, 5:56 PM [ in reply to There were no guns involved in this incident... ]

Well then your statement of "no bodily harm" should be thrown out the window and all that is left is to press charges for assault correct?

Also, "not reactionary" is a terrible phrase to use. You have to be reactionary in a case like this because there has to be an action for a reaction. The action was two players wearing pads and helmets attacking a defenseless person from behind so therefore the reaction is criminal charges, banishment from football, etc.

Also, these kids aren't drug addicts, murderers, etc. so you are "bringing up a completely different situation" that doesn't pertain to this act, which is on video therefore can be proved without reasonable doubt, in question.

The term reactionary totally flew over your head...

Sep 7, 2015, 6:13 PM

Here are two links to give you some knowledge on the term.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/reactionary?s=t

And on this read part b on definition 1

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/reaction

That's because the criminals in China are in graveyards

Sep 7, 2015, 6:13 PM [ in reply to There were no guns involved in this incident... ]

not prisons.

Sep 7, 2015, 3:04 PM [ in reply to That was bad, but unless the ref was physically hurt... ]

if the ref didnt go to the hospital it wasnt because they didnt try. those were vicious and calulated hits

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2015, 3:20 PM [ in reply to That was bad, but unless the ref was physically hurt... ]

BS!!!!

So, if they shot at him but hit his shoulder instead of his-

Sep 7, 2015, 8:45 PM [ in reply to That was bad, but unless the ref was physically hurt... ]

-heart, it would be just a minor thing? I call BS! They were obviously trying to injure him. Send them to jail for aggravated assault.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2015, 11:04 PM [ in reply to That was bad, but unless the ref was physically hurt... ]

Every

Sep 7, 2015, 11:06 PM [ in reply to That was bad, but unless the ref was physically hurt... ]

Everytime I get on here and read a thread, I scroll and take notice on what folks say. Somehow...without even looking at the username I always know when you post. You are the biggest idiot poster on this site.

Chess Club Never Taught You What a Hit Like That Feels Like

Sep 8, 2015, 8:40 AM [ in reply to That was bad, but unless the ref was physically hurt... ]

Using a Helmet as a Weapon Outside The Course of the Game is 100% Assault and Should be Prosecuted. The Two Youths in That Video Need to Understand an Orderly Society Will Not Tolerate Such Behavior.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1st... they should never be allowed to play HS football

Sep 7, 2015, 2:29 PM

again

2nd... they should be arrested for assault and let it play out in the system, just like they would if they attacked a guy on the street.

If not, they will likely do much worse later in life.

Exactly. Well said.***

Sep 7, 2015, 11:25 PM

Sep 7, 2015, 2:42 PM

I guess that Ref will think twice next time he calls a penalty.

Joke ??

Sep 7, 2015, 4:49 PM

Tigerking needs to pack up his things and move to the left coast. He would fit in well there. To answer his answer, we can thank lawyers for everything you cited. Are you a lawyer Tigerking ? You sound like one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can live where ever I want to, this is a free...

Sep 7, 2015, 5:17 PM

country not Nazi Germany. People are free to have their own opinions. They don't have to conform to opinion based on what region of the country they live in. Sorry, if I'm not a reactionary like you. I didn't condone it, if you read my post.

The way I read this^^^

Sep 7, 2015, 5:57 PM

"People have the right to be wrong and I like to exercise that right."

imho

People have the right to their own opinion...

Sep 7, 2015, 6:14 PM

being a reactionary isn't the only way of thinking.

What, praytell, is your definition of "reactionary"?

Sep 7, 2015, 8:47 PM

Inquiring minds want to know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2015, 9:15 AM

This thread has helped me find the biggest moran on t-net, and possibly the entire planet. I had no idea that anyone could be this stupid.

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic