Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Strength of the Football Team?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Strength of the Football Team?

Aug 29, 2015, 9:43 PM

Okay folks 1 week from today we will get a real life preview of what our season will look like. Who will be the strength of the team this year? Will it be the offense? Possibly considering the depth of the O Line and the wide variety of skill positions loaded with elite players. However, let us not forget the lack of experienced talent at many of those positions. I believe Clemson will score on at least 90% of each posessions they have this season.

Will it be the defense? Two words come to mind, Brent Venables. By far one of the best if not the best Defensive Coordinators in College Football. The question is depth issues at LB in certain packages. Does Venables have what it takes to shuffle personnel and cross train play makers to generate depth at the very thin LB positions. Will younger players step up and answer the call when its time to play? We know the DB are the best in the land, and the tackles are beasts. Does Shaq Lawson and crew have what it takes to be that disruptive pass rusher that Vic Beasley was?

Will our Clemson Tigers have a balanced team with play makers on both sides of the ball? All of these questions will be answered over the course of the next few months beginning with next Saturday's game against the Wofford Terriers. However I'm interested in seeing what your opinion are as far as the strength of the team. Offense, Defense, or Balanced? Sound off in the comments section and let me know which side of the ball will be stronger and why..

As Always! GO TIGERS!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

A Thumbs Down for My Post?

Aug 29, 2015, 9:50 PM

Sheeeee I thought my post was skrong. What's the matter with you folks?

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

there's lots wrong with them, but don't ever let the

Aug 29, 2015, 9:54 PM

bastiches get you down.

there are so many questions on both sides of the ball, but so much promise.

the coaching staff will have to earn their money this year if clemson is to take the acc crown.

the program itself will be tested with so many "new", up and coming faces.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A Thumbs Down for My Post?

Aug 29, 2015, 10:26 PM [ in reply to A Thumbs Down for My Post? ]

There you go...fixed it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

90% equals national championship

This team will be young and exciting. Balanced for sure.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Strength of the Football Team?

I think we have a 10 or 11 win team this season.
With expectations through the roof for 2016
This season we will have some youth problems on both lines.

Thanks for all of the thumbs down

Aug 29, 2015, 10:05 PM

No seriously thanks. I almost forgot what those felt like because its been so long. You're only giving me a thumbs down to show me some love. Awe ain't that so sweet? Hey I still want people's opinion about the strength of the team.

P.S. I love you too CUTigerBob LOL

~Chesty Puller

Aug 29, 2015, 10:15 PM

There's you a thumbs up.

Aug 29, 2015, 10:19 PM

Hey thanks... I worked really hard to make it to 80% pulse. It's not an easy feat. Especially with guys like Confessedcoot on here.

~Chesty Puller

Aug 29, 2015, 10:23 PM

DW4, keep him upright and we are in every game, simple as that. Go Tigers!

O and D are fairly well balanced. Kicking game ???

Aug 29, 2015, 11:02 PM

Why don't we tee it up and see? Can't wait!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2015, 11:04 PM

We are strong all over but odor isn't
everything.

Odor?

Aug 29, 2015, 11:14 PM

The only odor I smell is the odor of cheap booze and Classic Old Spice permeating from the pores of Spurrier. That and I'm in Afghanistan so it smells like... Well, Afghanistan. Not sure which smells worse.

~Chesty Puller

btw, like your 2 part username with 31 kinda at the end,

Aug 30, 2015, 1:41 AM

though not sure what a ChestyPuller is. What's BigAl31?
Glad you asked. BigAl is my now 19 year old son and 31
was one of his little league baseball jersey #s. He
started this account in '09, but never used it, so i did.
Guess you didn't need to know all that, but i like telling
it and it's late and i'm not sleepy and bored. Probably
need to get rid of the "recipe machine" - remember the 2 old
ladies on The Walton's or are you too young.. ah, nevermind.

I think the D will be a pleasant surprise, but better be in
shape to get back out on the field after the quick strike
offense scores. Hope we don't get into in any shootouts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: btw, like your 2 part username with 31 kinda at the end,

Aug 30, 2015, 3:32 AM

Chesty Puller... Or Lt.General Lewis Butler Puller was a United States Marine many decades ago. He was feared by all of his men. He was known for making crazy decisions in battle. Turns out, he was first cousins with General Patton. Well, the photo in my profile picture is Chesty Puller. He was awarded the NAVY CROSS 5 times. Which is only one level down from a Congressional Medal of Honor. (0311) was my MOS code when I was in the Marine Corps. I was a Marine Corps Infantry Rifleman. Chesty was a legend among men. So I chose him to be my screen name.

By the way, I agree with you on the defense being a pleasant surprise. The two warm up games will definitely be a blessing to bust some of the rust and oil up the gears if you know what I mean.

GO TIGERS!

~Chesty Puller

Do an extra push up for Chesty!***

Aug 30, 2015, 10:33 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do an extra push up for Chesty!***

Aug 30, 2015, 1:55 PM

And a pull up, and drink one more beer.

~Chesty Puller

Chesty was the name of a friend's cat

Aug 30, 2015, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: btw, like your 2 part username with 31 kinda at the end, ]

One of my good friends in grad school was a Marine with two burmese cats; Chesty and GI Joe

I asked him about the name Chesty and he proceeded to educate me on the man's achievements for an hour.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my 2 cents has the O being the side that wins most games!

Aug 30, 2015, 11:15 AM

Kicking & Specialty Teams game will be Pretty much OK as will D ( which will jell last half of season)...

So it's uP to Watson, RB, OL & Receivers to carry the heavy load...IMHO.

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2015, 2:08 PM

I see us in a similar situation as Oregon last year. Our offense will be unstoppable (if key players remain healthy), and our D will be good enough when they need to be to make key stops to give us the ball back.

Aug 30, 2015, 2:24 PM

The short answer, balanced.

I don't know what to expect from either the offense or defense. Offensively, if the running game is productive, and if there are no big problems with ball security, the offense could present a nightmare for opponents week in and week out, considering the threats in the passing game. Another unknown is how well our offensive coordinators will perform in game planning and play calling.

Because of Venables, I suspect the defense will play reasonably well overall, but I expect we might see a couple of games like the UNC game last year, where the opponent could put up 28 or more points. I hope that is not the case.

I am equally uncertain about special teams. I would like to see more return yards on kickoffs and punts. I would be happy with that. If we have a homerun threat, no one would be more happy than me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

I just want a running game.***

Aug 30, 2015, 2:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Minor disagreement - the Wofford game

Aug 30, 2015, 11:46 PM

won't be a "real life preview" of what the season will be like. After the third game, we should have a good idea about it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we can just stay healthy this season

Aug 30, 2015, 11:56 PM

Which is very hard but if we do then the sky is the limit for this football team. I really think we will be good-great at every position as long as everyone stays healthy.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic