Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Game Day Improvements
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: Game Day Improvements

Aug 19, 2015, 9:28 AM

Game Day Improvements

Game Day Experience
Clemson athletic director Dan RadakovichD

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More Historical Videos- I'll start them off:

Aug 19, 2015, 9:43 AM

https://youtu.be/D2x9ldYz1v0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

That is why Matt Ryan is my all-time .....

Aug 19, 2015, 10:31 AM

favorite non-Clemson football player! He continued to play after that hit. He is a tough guy as those who follow the ATL Falcons and their pitiful O-line get to see every week!

A very good list. Love your cell comment

Aug 19, 2015, 9:50 AM

"If you are in Death Valley, you would have an easier time getting the right call from Ron Cherry instead of receiving a phone call on your cell phone." - so true

Apparently Verizon put up all those antennas but apparently all they do is a better job of funneling calls to cell towers which are already overloaded. The university/town needs more towers and band width but maybe the wireless carriers don't think it's worth it for 7-8 days a year.

Re: Plyler's Blog: Game Day Improvements

Aug 19, 2015, 10:10 AM

Sounds like one big video show:
-Highlights & live action
-More hype videos
-More historical videos
Not saying that some videos are not good but there is something to be said for focusing on what is happening in the stadium and on the field and letting the band play.

Agree 100% with the reducing of the awards. Makes the game look like one big fund raising/pat yourself on the back/try to make a feel good moment, over and over again. Enough!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Live Tiger.

Aug 19, 2015, 10:26 AM

Concession stands that will sell me beer.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Live Tiger.

Aug 19, 2015, 11:13 AM

Better seat than those high school benches that I sit on with two lard a$$ fans in my lap!!!! I pay thousands for the opportunity to be miserable for hours. Is a cell phone really that big of a deal during a Clemson game????? No beer please!!!!

Adding individual seats would reduce capacity by several

Aug 19, 2015, 4:22 PM

thousand. Plus it'd be ridiculously expensive. I don't see it happening, plenty of schools still have bleachers.

GO TIGERS

Re: Adding individual seats would reduce capacity by several

Aug 19, 2015, 5:44 PM

It would be expensive. That is a given. Have you ever toured the present players lounge,recruiting area, snack bar, meeting and film rooms, coaches offices and all the other fabulous facilities that are a part of the WEZ? Truly remarkable but we are going to abandon them for something away from the stadium. What a WASTE! Losing a few seats would be nothing. With a little planning you could come up with more seating. Others still have some bench seating but since when do we like to be like others? NO OTHER arena that I visit tries to cram in fans the way Clemson does ... and we all pay a premium to be treated lie that. T.V. will soon rob many teams of their loyal fans because the expense and trouble soon reaches a point where many will refuse to go. Better and more comfortable seating, affordable concessions, improved restroom facilities and better crowd flow should be a part of EVERY facility upgrade. This year we are installing some new cooling fans in certain areas and of course thousands and thousands are being spent on cell phone use. And we have no money for me a seat to use because we need an oculus. Bull Shyat

No true Clemson fan will "refuse to go" to Death Valley

Aug 19, 2015, 8:31 PM

to see the Tigers play. Especially not for the lame reasons you list. Get a seatback. Polietly ask the folks next to you to give you an inch. Or maybe, from reading between the lines, lose some weight?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Plenty of arenas cram fans in far worse than Death Valley

Aug 19, 2015, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Adding individual seats would reduce capacity by several ]

Neyland Stadium at Tennessee is pretty bad. It crams 103,000 people into about 90,000 seats worth of space.

Besides just get a seatback. Someone can't encroach into your space if there's a barrier there.

GO TIGERS

May I assume you have never been to a game in

Aug 19, 2015, 9:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Live Tiger. ]

Chapel Hill or you are short?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

^^^ This ^^^***

Aug 20, 2015, 12:46 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have always wanted them to move the check presentations

Aug 19, 2015, 12:30 PM

to halftime or between quarters. It's an atmosphere killer in pregame before the team entrance.

Also contact some of the alumni cheerleaders from the 60's 70's and 80's and bring back the old Clemson cheers. Turn up the micman like they do at Bama and Auburn so you can actually hear them in other parts of the stadium like it was in the 70's and early 80's.(they were teaching that stupid "I Believe that we will win cheer" at the freshman event the other day) That's NOT a traditional Clemson cheer. It came out of the Mountain West schools a few years back I believe. It's dumb. LOL

I agree with Mickey.

Aug 19, 2015, 8:35 PM

Get rid of those things unless you donate a cool million OR are a former player.

No more "Ladies and gentlemen please direct your attention to the West Endzone where..."

It's a football game. Keep it about football.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Get rid of all awards & presentations during time outs & qtr

Aug 19, 2015, 8:47 PM

Who needs to know that Sally Jones had a successful at St. Francis? Some things better kept private.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My 2 cents

Aug 19, 2015, 2:16 PM

no Beer. We need not encourage the mass of rookie drinkers in such a tight spot.

Get rid of the band of lights. I thought i was was going to have a seizure last night game. it's too much worthless flashing. Very distracting. Half way to a dang migraine by the end of the game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anybody remember the XFL endzone hot tub? That would be a cool addition.

Aug 19, 2015, 9:26 PM

Also, have live tigers run down the hill with the team. Bet then, vistiting teams wouldnt get cocky at the bottom of the hill.

A Pink Floyd psychedelic light show at half time during night games would be funky and go well with the usual chocolate pudding and LSD tailgate spread that granny prepares.

Have one of those Norweigen beared guys create an elaborate ice sculpture during the course of the game on the sidelines. Before the game-a big block of ice. End of game-an 18 car locamotive on tracks, that runs.

A huge game of BINGO between quarters.

Zip lines connecting the upper decks. You see a friend on the other or the sun is blasting in the north, just zip on over.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic