Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

Aug 14, 2015, 9:33 AM

Friday Email Bag

Friday Email Bag
Each Friday I publish your comments and answer your questions. To submit a comment or questions, please email me at mickeyplyler@hotmail.com.

Mickey,

Thanks for your great blog! I know in the first week, the majority of practice has been without full pads which

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

Aug 14, 2015, 11:39 AM

Issac,you are a moron.Can't believe all the negatives you listed on Gallman.Kid will be a beast this coming year and I can see him playing at 225-230 in a couple years.

Aug 14, 2015, 3:28 PM

Actually the guy brings up some good points.
If you actually go back and watch the games, you will see what he was talking about. Very good coachlike analysis. He just isnt letting his fanhood get in the way of the facts. I agree with him. I do think that Galman will get better, but he isnt as natural as some. Maybe he grows out of some of these flaws.

Aug 16, 2015, 2:07 PM

> Actually the guy brings up some good points.
> If you actually go back and watch the games, you
> u will see what he was talking about. Very good
> coachlike analysis. He just isnt letting his fanhood
> get in the way of the facts. I agree with him. I do
> think that Galman will get better, but he isnt as
> natural as some. Maybe he grows out of some of these
> flaws.

Gallman does run "upright" but the problem with his instincts, IMHO, was the fact that his instincts were Wing T, which is what he ran in high school. He tends to dance laterally along the line instead of looking to stick his foot in the ground and go one-cut between the tackles. He got a lot better at that as the year went along...and the more he reprogrammed himself, the better he looked.

He does have that short-area "burst" through the hole, and he's a dogged, determined runner who despite his upright running style is a high-contact guy who does not go down easily on first contact and he's hard to get on the ground, and I think he'll be even harder to get down this year because he's put on about 15 pounds of good weight since last year. Personally I think he's good for 1,000+ yards, easily, probably more like 1,200.

I think if anything Gallman is underrated...he showed at least mid-tier 4-star tools, especially as the year went along, and truthfully was more and more reminding me of James Davis as the year went along. He didn't have quite Davis's physical development but his running style, short burst, and relentlessness are similar, and he's starting to look like him the more time he spends in the weightroom.

Aug 16, 2015, 3:00 PM

He has very nice speed, but he's not good at gaining tough yards where there isnt much room. Ellington was good at that. Granted he can learn to be more aggressive, but his upright style is never going to be good for the grinding yards between the tackles. The important thing to remember is that Jamie Harper was 240 lbs with 4.4 speed and was not a power beast because of indecisiveness and poor pad level. Galman needs to improve in both. I thought that Galman made strides late in the season with his decisiveness and that made him much more successful. An improvement in pad level IMHO adds 1-2 yards to his average. Clemson needs to improve in short yardage. Galman is certainly talented. The question is is he gonna be our best option? Time will tell. I agree on Munson. He might be a nice guy. Idk im sure he is, but he doesn't meet up to the standard that his job demands unfortunately.

Aug 16, 2015, 1:56 PM

Isaac is spot on about Munson.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic