Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: The Pessimist
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,245

Plyler's Blog: The Pessimist

Jul 28, 2015, 6:35 AM

The Pessimist

The Pessimist
Clemson assistant coach Danny PearmanDanny Pearm

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess now we know

Jul 28, 2015, 7:25 AM

what one of the deciding factors was in Dabo picking Morris over Friedgen to be OC. I doubt Swinney would have stood for constant pessimism from Friedgen.

Nah, Dabo can handle personalities.

Jul 28, 2015, 7:34 AM

Dabo saw the HUNH taking over NCAA football and working it's way to the NFL. That's what attracted him to Morris. I think everyone will see a more competent offensive scheme this year than we had with Morris. I think we'll look back and see our Co-OCs are better than their teachers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nah, Dabo can handle personalities.

Jul 29, 2015, 9:22 AM

I don't think it would have been a "handling personalities" issue so much as a pessimistic attitude would not have jived with the rest of the coaching staff. He would not have had much chemistry with his colleagues at Clemson.

The TE thing bothers me.

Jul 28, 2015, 7:36 AM

We don't have a single one that we can depend on to block each and every time they get take the field. Seems like they either don't know who to block or are just taking a play or two off when they don't expect the ball to be thrown their way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree but...

Jul 28, 2015, 7:59 AM

Its tough to find a TE that is so heavily involved in the passing game and expected to be as big of a factor as they have been in our offense and also still expect them to be great blockers. These kids come up and they are either a WR in a TE body or they have been blocking most of their high school career and it takes them a while to learn how to run great routes and have great hands. Those guys that can do it all are the guys like Allen, Palmer, etc that end up in the NFL. I think the younger TEs we have we end up being great and i really hope that Leggett has taken the next step bc he has the potential to be a superstar....and i think could play at the next level if he can learn to be a decent blocker.

Re: I agree but...

Jul 28, 2015, 9:05 AM

Some of these guys are third and forth year players. I know it's impossible to expect a freshman to block because of the lack of bulk and strength but really, two and three years in the system and they still refuse to block.

I'm not blaming our coaching staff either. They have taken less and gotten more than all the three and four stars we now have. I swear, a RS freshman could beat these guys out of their starting jobs. I don't know why they haven't figured it out yet.

Re: I agree but...

Jul 28, 2015, 11:45 AM

Our starting LG MacLain was recruited as a TE, our starting RT was recruited as a DE.
Last years class had 4 OL recruits! 2 of them should get playing time this year. I think this years OL might depend on Guerlermo contribution... he adds a lot of depth and talent if he is ready and able to play.

Re: The TE thing bothers me.

Jul 28, 2015, 8:58 AM [ in reply to The TE thing bothers me. ]

Worry at TE is a big concern. But I would be more concerned about FG offense and Punt Returns. That is the biggest of all of our experience gap. I watched Teasdall's punts in the Oklahoma game. Kid can straight boom 'em. While Humphries wasn't a threat to run it back, he gave our offense opportunities because he at least caught the ball most of the time. And Lakip wasn't automatic, but he did have one year under his belt. I have faith in Alex Spence but he hasn't dealt with the pressure of college football. We will see...

Re: Plyler's Blog: The Pessimist

Jul 28, 2015, 9:22 AM

I am waiting for all the Dabo haters to come out from under their rocks and use this as their gospel.

For the love of God

Jul 28, 2015, 1:36 PM

Proofread your blogs.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

We're screwed***

Jul 29, 2015, 1:32 PM

nm

New OC(s) didn't make the list?

Jul 29, 2015, 3:19 PM

Yeah, they called a great game vs Oklahoma, but that was only 1 game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,245
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic